• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ May 6, 2012 -> 06:05 PM)
Im enjoying watching Axelrod pitch more than Danks right now

He might have more swing and misses in this game than Danks has all year. Just needs to keep the ball in the park.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 6, 2012 -> 01:06 PM)
are you 12?

Who starts arguments?

Can't we just be buddy's with different philosophies? You're my favorite poster, we're just different. We'll be like the odd couple. You're dirty, the every man's man. You're outgoing and people like you. I'm clean and right all the time, but rub people the wrong way. Love ya, bro.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 6, 2012 -> 10:39 AM)
Did Steve Stone just call Peralta a "fantastic SS?" He's been hanging out with Hawk too long. That's insane.

I won't even watch the Sox broadcast anymore. Almost any other announcer is better then listening to Hawk.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 6, 2012 -> 07:10 PM)
I won't even watch the Sox broadcast anymore. Almost any other announcer is better then listening to Hawk.

Ironic that two most memorable Sox games this year were on Fox.

I love Hawk, it's like I'm never watching the game alone. I've got a fan right with me.

The radio broadcast is f***ing awful, it's hard for me to even listen to it when I'm driving during games.

Got the Tigers feed on today. I think I've listened to Hawk one game and that was too much. He's freaking brutal and Stone, who I used to like, isn't enjoyable either. Maybe its just Hawk overflows everything but I can't stand em.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 6, 2012 -> 01:13 PM)
Got the Tigers feed on today. I think I've listened to Hawk one game and that was too much. He's freaking brutal and Stone, who I used to like, isn't enjoyable either. Maybe its just Hawk overflows everything but I can't stand em.

I really love Hawk. Do you not like the homerism? Or is it the occasional Caray-esque misspeakings, random stories, etc

Stoney knows a lot, but I don't think he and Hawk work that well together. Hawk is color AND play-by-play

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 6, 2012 -> 11:13 AM)

I 've always noticed we have similar baseball thoughts but I agree with Jake here. Hawk is good for me.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
In 181 at bats from our starting RF and 3B this year, we have one home run. I miss the steroid era

At least it counted! :D

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 6, 2012 -> 07:16 PM)
I 've always noticed we have similar baseball thoughts but I agree with Jake here. Hawk is good for me.

Hawk's been way better this year than last year, in my opinion. I disagreed with his thoughts on it being easier to find a starting pitcher over finding a closer, but he hasn't been all over the umps as much this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2012 -> 11:17 AM)
Hawk's been way better this year than last year, in my opinion. I disagreed with his thoughts on it being easier to find a starting pitcher over finding a closer, but he hasn't been all over the umps as much this year.

I think Hawk calls it like he see's it. If he's not getting on the umps it's because the umps haven't been as brutal.

Axelrod getting quite a few swings and misses.

Command, change of speeds is obviously the key with Axelrod, keeping hitters off balance.

The problem, of course, is that if you "pitch backwards" and throw offspeed stuff to get ahead in the count and then the 88-90 MPH looks to be mid-90's and above...but he's also missed quite a bit on location. Forces the opposing hitters to be super patient, which is something our Sox hitters historically aren't.

He just can't afford to miss with that fastball. He started off with fastball after fastball with Austin Jackson, inexplicably.

Guess the best definition of him is "pitchability," he's put up some incredible minor league numbers since the Padres dumped him and we claimed him. Still think he's probably more of the last man in the bullpen than a #5 starter, but he'll get some starts to prove himself if he can keep us in games. Definitely have a better feeling about him than Stults, FWIW.

Tigers' announcers mentioned that Porcello has gone to the full wind-up, which is pretty darned rare these days. Getting another 2-3 MPH on his fastball.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 6, 2012 -> 01:13 PM)

Same here. I have to purchase Gameday Audio every year since Hawk makes my ears bleed. Almost anyone is a significant improvement over Hawk's embarrassing babbling. The Tigers crew aren't half bad.