White Sox draft Courtney Hawkins OF out of Carroll HS (TX)

knightni

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 04:49 PM)
Kevin Goldstein did a "Projection of category leaders" for 2012 draftees. Basically, which player who was just drafted is the most likely to lead the draft class in each stat.......

He picked Courtney Hawkins to lead the 2012 draft class in Homeruns....

Shockingly, Keith Law wonders if he can make enough contact. Physically, Hawkins to me looks like a far more chiseled version of Viciedo.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 04:49 PM)
Kevin Goldstein did a "Projection of category leaders" for 2012 draftees. Basically, which player who was just drafted is the most likely to lead the draft class in each stat.......

He picked Courtney Hawkins to lead the 2012 draft class in Homeruns....

I'm not sure I put Hawkins above Mitchell just yet. Hawkins is a high schooler who hasn't seen a pro pitch yet. But he is, at worst, the #2 prospect in the Sox system.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
Shockingly, Keith Law wonders if he can make enough contact. Physically, Hawkins to me looks like a far more chiseled version of Viciedo.

SOX could draft the guys taken 1-2-3 in 2012 draft and he would say they were all garbage...........his act is beyond old.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 12:01 PM)
I'm not sure I put Hawkins above Mitchell just yet. Hawkins is a high schooler who hasn't seen a pro pitch yet. But he is, at worst, the #2 prospect in the Sox system.

I still have major questions about Mitchell. Goldstein was right to say Hawkins is No. 1 by a wide margin.

Courtney Hawkins ‏@CHawkins10

Last time Illl be at my home church proud to give all the thanks to the man above for blessing me with everything I have! #LivingMyDreams

(as of 11:56 am Sunday 6/10)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
Yes he did. He said he hit pretty well. He used to weigh 275. His older brother whipped him into shape.

Speaking of weight...

Have any of you seen Frank Thomas at the Pepsi Max Fantasy Game on MLB Network?

Holy Walrus Juice.