Shooting in CO at Batman premiere

Joxer_Daly

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 03:24 AM)
If this is true, it makes me sick. Holmes is being treated well in prison

http://kdvr.com/2012/09/20/exclusive-forme...h-james-holmes/

Of course he's getting excellent treatment.

If anything happens to him for the next 10 years, it could cost the prosecution their chance at the death penalty. One guard lays a finger on him inappropriately, and that's it, the prosecution has their chance at a death penalty case made 20x harder.

One thing you should be happy about...if he's coherent in prison...that's admissible as evidence of sanity.

I'm with milkman here.

I dont condone it nor do I care that it happens, but it happens and thats that.

Prison is a whole new world for the sick and twisted, not a world I want to be involved with in anyway (unless of course my buddy gets me in as a prison guard like he's been trying to do.)

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 06:42 PM)

Prison is a whole new world for the sick and twisted, not a world I want to be involved with in anyway (unless of course my buddy gets me in as a prison guard like he's been trying to do.)

That is condoning it.

And that sick and twisted world makes everyone into sick and twisted people who go in, even for the majority of people who go in for things like drugs.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 10:42 PM)
I'm with milkman here.

You must be a tough MF if u are gonna be a prison guard. Don't kick my ass, Second City Saint. I can picture Milkman and Saint kicking my butt someday. Don't take my posts too seriously where you guys pummel me.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 01:52 PM)
You must be a tough MF if u are gonna be a prison guard. Don't kick my ass, Second City Saint. I can picture Milkman and Saint kicking my butt someday. Don't take my posts too seriously where you guys pummel me.

/soxtalk grabs some popcorn to watch

:lol:

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 01:52 PM)

Dont worry, ill never set foot in Lawrence, If you come to Northwest Indiana though thats a different story...I kid, i kid . I think 3 years of semi pro rugby would qualify me as a "tough guy" lol

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

• 6 months later...

Sigh. Direct warning given by his psychiatrist a month beforehand.

New questions are confronting the university that Colorado theater shooting suspect James Holmes attended amid disclosures that a psychiatrist warned campus police a month before the deadly assault that Holmes was dangerous and had homicidal thoughts.

Court documents made public Thursday cited Dr. Lynne Fenton, a psychiatrist at the University of Colorado, Denver who had treated Holmes. The documents said Fenton told a campus police officer in June that the shooting suspect also threatened and intimidated her.

It was more than a month before the July 20 attack at a movie theater that killed 12 and injured 70.

Campus police Officer Lynn Whitten told investigators after the shooting that Fenton had contacted her. Whitten said Fenton was following her legal requirement to report threats to authorities, according one of the documents, a search warrant affidavit.

“Dr. Fenton advised that through her contact with James Holmes she was reporting, per her requirement, his danger to the public due to homicidal statements he had made,” the affidavit said.

Whitten added that Fenton said she began to receive threatening text messages from Holmes after he stopped seeing her for counseling, the documents said.

It was not clear if Fenton’s blunt warning about Holmes reached other university officials. Whitten told investigators she deactivated Holmes’ access card after hearing from Fenton, but the affidavit did not say other action she took.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 5, 2013 -> 03:42 PM)
Even with this information, was there anything anyone could have done that would've actually prevented the shooting?

That specific warning and note from the psychiatrist specifically stating that he had made threats against her happened right in the middle of building up his arsenal. From the description, it sounds like that notification to UC happened close to June 1 (over a month before the shooting). Holmes purchased his AR-15 rifle, which did most of the damage, right around that same week, around June 1.

He continued buying weapons and body armor, as well as the explosives he rigged his apartment with, for the next month.

Obviously if this is getting recognized by one trained person, there should have been other things that could have happened if people were willing to more actively intervene with the mentally ill (which of course, costs money). But the simple answer is "Dont f***ing sell an arsenal to a guy who is making threats against a psychiatrist".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2013 -> 02:49 PM)
That specific warning and note from the psychiatrist specifically stating that he had made threats against her happened right in the middle of building up his arsenal. From the description, it sounds like that notification to UC happened close to June 1 (over a month before the shooting). Holmes purchased his AR-15 rifle, which did most of the damage, right around that same week, around June 1.

He continued buying weapons and body armor, as well as the explosives he rigged his apartment with, for the next month.

Obviously if this is getting recognized by one trained person, there should have been other things that could have happened if people were willing to more actively intervene with the mentally ill (which of course, costs money). But the simple answer is "Dont f***ing sell an arsenal to a guy who is making threats against a psychiatrist".

I gotta imagine crazies threaten a lot of people.

• 2 years later...

Thank goodness that lowlife has been found guilty. Now he either rots in prison or gets put to death. What a horrible person. Like Richard Speck's tattoo, he also was Born to Raise Hell. Holmes is a pure evil bastard. Thank you jury for finding that murderer guilty. Go to a movie and think you are safe and some lowlife comes in and starts shooting in the dark. What a coward. What a piece of dung. He's 27 so hopefully he'll live a long life and be in jail about 60 years. I would think he'll see one hour of sunlight every day for the next 60 years.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 08:51 AM)
You inhumane jerks! JK, i agree

Normally I'm pretty against the death penalty except in cases like this. He is a mass murderer; he plotted and executed a plan to bring catastrophic harm to others. People like that just need a bullet and and send the family the bill for it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 08:45 AM)
I dont hope this guy rots in our penitentiary system for 60 years. Nobody should have their tax dollars go to supporting this low life

They claim it costs way more to execute someone than it does to imprison them for life. Hopefully he just gets a life sentence and an another inmate pulls a Chris Scarver on him.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 09:17 AM)
They claim it costs way more to execute someone than it does to imprison them for life. Hopefully he just gets a life sentence and an another inmate pulls a Chris Scarver on him.

I am all for just dropping him off in death valley in his underwear in the middle of the summer

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 09:17 AM)

The only way this can be true is due to bureaucracy, otherwise it simply makes no sense.

You can buy a 10 gauge shotgun for a few hundred dollars, and a single shell from that would do the trick, and then some.

In the world I run, I'd make it much more than that, though. I don't like the idea of letting them off easily, but I also don't like the idea of letting them live. I'd have that 10 gauge hooked up to a machine/computer and have both a video/audio countdown letting the prisoner know exactly when it was going to fire, only when it hits 0, nothing would happen. Then the countdown would reset/repeat and the same thing would happen over and over again until randomly generated time expires and it actually fired. I'd make scum like this live their last moments over and over again until it finally happened on a random number other than 0.

I lack sympathy for those like this...I don't care about them, I don't care if they suffer, I just don't care. He ruined countless lives, for nothing.

I thought most of you were against the death penalty so I softened my stance. I wouldn't mind him getting death, but I can also see the pain in getting one hour of sunlight a day for 60 years while realizing there's pretty much nothing you can do about it. I bet Holmes is scared to death (no pun intended) about what's ahead! Death or 60 years of prison!

• 3 weeks later...

I actually wonder if we as a country may end up electing, ever so incrementally, to get rid of the death penalty. A lot more states have been doing away with it or de facto banning it by never using it.