2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 08:10 PM)
Saul might be getting his own show...

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/br...pening-20130410

On a show where lots of people die, it's a shame that we will already know Saul survives. Not that I wanted him to die, but I liked knowing that anyone not named Walt could be killed at any moment.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 03:11 AM)
The Americans is awesome. Best new show since Homeland, IMO.

I stopped watching Americans. It;s just ok to me. I can see why some people may like it. There are better "new" shows out there though.

Try "Orphan Black" on BBC. It's all kinds of awesome.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 06:32 AM)
I stopped watching Americans. It;s just ok to me. I can see why some people may like it. There are better "new" shows out there though.

Try "Orphan Black" on BBC. It's all kinds of awesome.

I've been posting about Orphan Black here for weeks. ;)

But it's only 2 episodes deep, and it's a lot more "interesting" than good so far. American's has at least given me almost an entire season now of great story.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 04:03 PM)
Ok, after giving Breaking Bad a fair chance, I like it. I finished season 1 and have started season 2. It took a bit to really start going for me, but when it did, it became very good.

Like other said, every season is better than the previous one. I think the show kind of plateau'd in season 5, but that still makes it a great season.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
Ok, after giving Breaking Bad a fair chance, I like it. I finished season 1 and have started season 2. It took a bit to really start going for me, but when it did, it became very good.

OMG IM SO SHOCKED THAT YOU LIKED BREAKING BAD

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 03:41 PM)
OMG IM SO SHOCKED THAT YOU LIKED BREAKING BAD

Why are you yelling?

Look, it's quite simple...BS like Breaking Bad. I try to NOT like things BS likes. :D And who can blame me? He's like 8'2" and takes up a lot of space.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 02:59 PM)
Y2hh,

What episode made you go "Damn, gotta see more"

For me it was the RV in the desert.

So far, I'm only a few episodes into Season 2, which I find infinitely better than S1. But in Season 1, I think the moment that made me want to see more unfold was when he shaved his head and began to display more of a, "I'm done giving a s***" attitude, and walked in the drug lords den, solo, and walked out with everything he demanded. Just his change in look/demeanor grabbed me.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 02:39 PM)
So far, I'm only a few episodes into Season 2, which I find infinitely better than S1. But in Season 1, I think the moment that made me want to see more unfold was when he shaved his head and began to display more of a, "I'm done giving a s***" attitude, and walked in the drug lords den, solo, and walked out with everything he demanded. Just his change in look/demeanor grabbed me.

Yeah, I liked that attitude change too...the first season, i wanted to rip my hair out a lot.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)
Enjoyed first 3 episodes of Fringe on Netflix stream. My buddy said the first 3 seasons are good before going downhill.

I would say, IMO, that the exact opposite is true. After the first couple seasons, Fringe got away a little bit from 'case of the week' shows and delved more into the overall arc of the series.

and I will give huge props to Joshua Jackson who I didn't think much of as an actor before the show but was very impressed by the end.

QUOTE (juddling @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 04:22 PM)
I would say, IMO, that the exact opposite is true. After the first couple seasons, Fringe got away a little bit from 'case of the week' shows and delved more into the overall arc of the series.

and I will give huge props to Joshua Jackson who I didn't think much of as an actor before the show but was very impressed by the end.

I keep wanting to stop but than read synopsis for next episode and am intrigued.

Da Vinci's Demons was....meh. I wanted more realism. He had some sort of magical flying bird that was supposedly to be completely mechanical. Wasn't a fan of that. Also, they gave him a real "cool guy" look with a faux-hawk type hair. I'm pretty sure Da Vinci wore like a little red cap and puffy shirts, not a leather biker jacket and a spiked up hair. The last scene was an interesting plot twist, but I probably won't watch again unless I hear it gets better.