2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually find driving a lot easier in this one than in GTA 4. GTA 4 I was sliding all over the place, I couldn't make any turns without going about 1/4 speed, and I constantly hit everything. That may be more realistic, but it's much less of a pain to drive across the city when I can go 100 mph and still be able to weave in and out of traffic.

I just dove out of the Atomic blimp at the highest I think I could go. I jumped out over the skyscrapers hoping I would hit one, but I missed them all and went splat on the street, it was gruesome. I've only actually accomplished 1 mission so far, despite playing for about 2 1/2 hours. The phone use is AWESOME. It was SO BAD in GTA 4, but in this one it is really slick and fast and useful. You can access your bank account, go on the websites, call or text friends and services, reply to emails (gives you choices of responses), take pictures, instantly save your game, and possibly other things I haven't notice yet. The nicest part may be that you use your controller to hit the buttons on the phone. This allows you to drive your car and use your phone, and it allows you go move through the phone so much quicker when you don't have to scroll through options.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 17, 2013 -> 03:20 PM)
I actually find driving a lot easier in this one than in GTA 4. GTA 4 I was sliding all over the place, I couldn't make any turns without going about 1/4 speed, and I constantly hit everything. That may be more realistic, but it's much less of a pain to drive across the city when I can go 100 mph and still be able to weave in and out of traffic.

I just dove out of the Atomic blimp at the highest I think I could go. I jumped out over the skyscrapers hoping I would hit one, but I missed them all and went splat on the street, it was gruesome. I've only actually accomplished 1 mission so far, despite playing for about 2 1/2 hours. The phone use is AWESOME. It was SO BAD in GTA 4, but in this one it is really slick and fast and useful. You can access your bank account, go on the websites, call or text friends and services, reply to emails (gives you choices of responses), take pictures, instantly save your game, and possibly other things I haven't notice yet. The nicest part may be that you use your controller to hit the buttons on the phone. This allows you to drive your car and use your phone, and it allows you go move through the phone so much quicker when you don't have to scroll through options.

Yeah - I let it install on my lunchbreak and will get a good two hours in before the wife gets home from yoga. I'd be shocked if I do any missions beyond the first "find your apartment" mission (if that's how it's set up yet again).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 17, 2013 -> 03:44 PM)
Yeah - I let it install on my lunchbreak and will get a good two hours in before the wife gets home from yoga. I'd be shocked if I do any missions beyond the first "find your apartment" mission (if that's how it's set up yet again).

It's not, at least not for Franklin and Michael. Not sure Trevor actually has a home (maybe a shack). I just finished up my last class of the day and got my interviews lined up for my news package tomorrow. I pretty much have 5 hours free ahead of me tonight, and then all day tomorrow after I shoot the package. I'm about to get taken to a dreamworld of magic***.

*** 5 pts for anyone who knows the reference.

Edited by Chilihead90

Wow. This game. This is a game.

I did the first two "missions" with Franklin (and gave him a James Harden beard). In those missions, I said "holy s***" aloud multiple times. The peak was when I shot a vehicle, then randomly shot at the ground, then the fuel from the leaking vehicle caught fire which caught up to the vehicle and the f***ing thing blew up!

Other notes:

• I ran over a dog. And I laughed and I laughed.
  • I drove up to the "Vinewood" sign and shot some tourists. Then I drove off the mountain and bailed and died.
  • I dove off a high bridge into water and swam around a lot.
  • I successfully outran a 3 star wanted level.
  • I shot up a strip club.
  • I shot a deer.
  • I died like 8 times.
  • I put on a backwards cap.
  • I laughed outloud like 80 times at the sheer insanity on my screen.

This was all just in 1.5 hours.

Holy f***.

Oh, and I just sunk about $5-6K of Michael's money in to the stock market. Bought a $1 stock (cheapest you can), I bought the stock that tanks because *SPOILER*, and I bought some other cheap stock that was falling.

I REALLY hope that all these stocks aren't predetermined, like I hope that XXX stock in EVERYONE'S game doesn't skyrocket, and XXX stock always sucks. I hope things YOU do in the game as well as randomness can change the stock prices, otherwise I am not going to be able to resist checking online to see which stocks I should buy so I can be a millionaire. I want the satisfaction of being good/lucky.

This game is something else! I managed to incite a gang riot while chasing down a guy who mugged a woman. I tried shooting him and ended up setting off this huge shootout. I got in a car and bailed out ASAP. A few minutes after driving away there was breaking news on the radio about a major gang shootout with multiple fatalities.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 17, 2013 -> 11:04 PM)
Oh, and I just sunk about $5-6K of Michael's money in to the stock market. Bought a $1 stock (cheapest you can), I bought the stock that tanks because *SPOILER*, and I bought some other cheap stock that was falling.

I REALLY hope that all these stocks aren't predetermined, like I hope that XXX stock in EVERYONE'S game doesn't skyrocket, and XXX stock always sucks. I hope things YOU do in the game as well as randomness can change the stock prices, otherwise I am not going to be able to resist checking online to see which stocks I should buy so I can be a millionaire. I want the satisfaction of being good/lucky.

This reminds me of the calculator game drug wars.

I also wish that Steve would get back on the horse and write up a quick dreamy GTA review.

Oh, and has anyone encountered a security truck yet? I found one, and they are apparently loaded with cash, which I need desparately because I just lost $4500 on the stock market w/ Michael, but I had a got damn mini van and after taking a shot at the back door from the car, the truck drove away faster than the minivan could go, and I lost it. Real bummed right now.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 08:36 PM)
My driving skills should be 110/100 right now. Seriously, I enjoy long driving missions because my driving skills are unreal right now. Is it Oct. 1st yet? I got some bank heist missions to wheelman on.

Yeah, my driving skills flew up quickly over the three hours I got to play a few nights ago. I've always been a GTA driving beast, though.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 08:38 PM)
Oh, and has anyone encountered a security truck yet? I found one, and they are apparently loaded with cash, which I need desparately because I just lost $4500 on the stock market w/ Michael, but I had a got damn mini van and after taking a shot at the back door from the car, the truck drove away faster than the minivan could go, and I lost it. Real bummed right now.

I have to apologize for laughing at your expense, but reading this made me literally LOL. :lol:

I can totally imagine this happening to me though. In the previous versions, I hated getting stuck with a slow, crappy car while watching the person I was chasing drive off down the road.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 11:39 AM)
I have to apologize for laughing at your expense, but reading this made me literally LOL. :lol:

I can totally imagine this happening to me though. In the previous versions, I hated getting stuck with a slow, crappy car while watching the person I was chasing drive off down the road.

I'll give you another laugh then.

So I got to the Trevor missions last night and decided to take the journey to the top of Mount Chiliad (sp?). I found a wing-suit and was scouting out the perfect location to jump off from......until I fell off the side of the mountain and skipped off rocks to my death. I haven't returned....