2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:20 AM)
Yes, I have seen every snap and no I did not see it on every play, but a majority yes. I'm not just talking holding, also illegal contact, pass interference, etc. It's a philosohpy of defense that they play and its well known. Pay close attention next week.

Well if that philosophy turns you into one of the best pass defenses in NFL history and the #1 rated defense in the NFL then I'm not sure why other teams don't employ it themselves.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:22 AM)
Sucks that the Packers lost, but I think they played a pretty good game. They were right there with a great football team.

Biggest problem for the Packers is staying healthy. I look at that 49ers team and they have all of their starters playing that they had in week 1. I am very jealous of that.

No it doesn't ;)

Yeah I'll give the Pack credit, personally I thought Frisco was going to win easily, they are simply the better team. On the injuries point, Bears fans share your sentiment.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 10:32 AM)
Don't sleep on Carolina. They are well rested and can destroy on defense. They won in SF earlier in the year.

I'm a Ron Rivera fan, I hope they pull it off and I'll be rooting for them but San Fran is a more balanced team.

SF 20

Carolina 16

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 10:52 AM)
If the 49ers play offense like they did against the Packers, they will lose.

Panthers D is tough.

I agree, if the 49ers play like that the Panthers will stop them cold.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:22 AM)
Sucks that the Packers lost, but I think they played a pretty good game. They were right there with a great football team.

Biggest problem for the Packers is staying healthy. I look at that 49ers team and they have all of their starters playing that they had in week 1. I am very jealous of that.

It seems like the 49ers have been the healthiest team in football the last two seasons. That's just as important as playing well.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 10:55 AM)
It seems like the 49ers have been the healthiest team in football the last two seasons. That's just as important as playing well.

They have pretty much rolled out the same players for two years straight. I think Patrick Willis missed some time last year, but only a few games. Carlos Rogers missed the game yesterday, but he is only their nickle back.

The Packers have had so many injuries the past few years, I forget about players they have.

Going to be another tough game Sunday for SF. While Carolina did beat them, they didn't have Crabtree and Davis went out early with a concussion. This is a completely different offense with those two healthy as evidenced by their 7 straight wins. People will often look at Kaep's throwing stats, but forget about those legs of his.

It was also Aldon Smith's first game back after missing 5 weeks.

Feel a bit better about Carolina than GB in that weather.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
The Packers game reaffirmed to me that it's important to just get in the playoffs. I really wish Bears could have pulled that off.

The Packers still went one and done :huh

I really doubt we would've fared any better than the Pack with that historically bad D. Missing the playoffs and moving up a few extra slots in the draft may prove to be better in the long run.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 11:00 AM)
They have pretty much rolled out the same players for two years straight. I think Patrick Willis missed some time last year, but only a few games. Carlos Rogers missed the game yesterday, but he is only their nickle back.

Don't forget having your #1 and #3 wide receivers missing a majority of this year. Aldon Smith missed 5 games, Davis a few games, the list goes on. Everyone has injuries, all teams play through them.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
The Packers game reaffirmed to me that it's important to just get in the playoffs. I really wish Bears could have pulled that off.

I'm glad it worked out that SF played in GB yesterday. Despite the cold in GB, there would have been snow in CHI with the cold and that could've led to any result.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 11:05 AM)
The Packers still went one and done :huh

That was a very close game in which a lot of people basically gave them no shot. They're a dropped INT away from winning that game (because dude was taking it to the house if he comes up with that).

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 11:06 AM)
Don't forget having your #1 and #3 wide receivers missing a majority of this year. Aldon Smith missed 5 games, Davis a few games, the list goes on. Everyone has injuries, all teams play through them.

I forgot about Crabtree. I don't know who their number #3 WR is. Vernon Davis missed 1 game this year. Aldon Smith missing time was his own fault. That is still really good health, almost any team would take that.

The Packers have 16 players on IR this year. Not including Matthews.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
I'm glad it worked out that SF played in GB yesterday. Despite the cold in GB, there would have been snow in CHI with the cold and that could've led to any result.

Eh, it was pretty similar weather. The snow was definitely done by the time the game started, it was just blowing around. I have a feeling there would have been an large purchase of unsold seats in Chicago just like there was in GB

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 05:16 PM)
Eh, it was pretty similar weather. The snow was definitely done by the time the game started, it was just blowing around. I have a feeling there would have been an large purchase of unsold seats in Chicago just like there was in GB

I had snow continuing to fall until 8 or 9 pm.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
That was a very close game in which a lot of people basically gave them no shot. They're a dropped INT away from winning that game (because dude was taking it to the house if he comes up with that).

and if Alshon makes that catch or if Conte wasn't a turnstile, Bears win...good teams make plays when it counts. GB isn't as good as SF, the Pack are 0-3 against the 49ers, doesn't matter where they play.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 11:24 AM)
and if Alshon makes that catch or if Conte wasn't a turnstile, Bears win...good teams make plays when it counts. GB isn't as good as SF, the Pack are 0-3 against the 49ers, doesn't matter where they play.

Of course, and I don't disagree. It was still an incredibly close game that the Packers almost won.

The 49ers have pretty much handed it to the Packers, but I feel like the Packers are getting closer. That playoff game last year the 49ers had way more talent and it wasn't close. Past two times have been closer.

Also when it comes to the 49ers and Seahawks, they both have to start paying those QB soon. No more 70 million just for defense.