2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats to IU who played great. Mizzou shot themselves in the foot a thousand times. And the oline is somehow a problem.

Seriously, AJ ricker took an experienced oline that was the strength of the team and ruined it in four games

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 20, 2014 -> 06:39 PM)
Congrats to IU who played great. Mizzou shot themselves in the foot a thousand times. And the oline is somehow a problem.

Seriously, AJ ricker took an experienced oline that was the strength of the team and ruined it in four games

Never hire a football coach from Illinois.

And we squeak out another win. Very disappointing. I don't see how this team wins 2-3 BT games, but crazier things have happened.

But as much as I've tried to give TB a chance, and believe that building from here will be much quicker and positive then rebuilding again, there's been nothing here this year to show me we've turned any sort of corner, and that sucks. In addition to not being prepared and barely beating these crap teams, he goes for 2 today twice when it didn't make sense. But here's the best part.

Illinois is up 7, there is a minute left in the game. Texas St has only 1 timeout. It's 2nd down.

Illinois runs for a first down. So 1:00 left, clock is now running, Texas St has only one timeout, and it's first down.

So, you take a knee, right?

We ran the ball. We ran a play, snapping it with 30ish seconds left. And then the game ended. We ran a play instead of taking a knee, risking fumble......................WHAT?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 20, 2014 -> 11:02 PM)
Miami be thuging

Miami pushes a player and its a 15 yarder, Nebraska pushes a player and its nothing.

Miami tackles around the shoulder pads and refs overreact and call facemask.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 20, 2014 -> 09:15 PM)
And we squeak out another win. Very disappointing. I don't see how this team wins 2-3 BT games, but crazier things have happened.

But as much as I've tried to give TB a chance, and believe that building from here will be much quicker and positive then rebuilding again, there's been nothing here this year to show me we've turned any sort of corner, and that sucks. In addition to not being prepared and barely beating these crap teams, he goes for 2 today twice when it didn't make sense. But here's the best part.

Illinois is up 7, there is a minute left in the game. Texas St has only 1 timeout. It's 2nd down.

Illinois runs for a first down. So 1:00 left, clock is now running, Texas St has only one timeout, and it's first down.

So, you take a knee, right?

We ran the ball. We ran a play, snapping it with 30ish seconds left. And then the game ended. We ran a play instead of taking a knee, risking fumble......................WHAT?

So true. I don't want to reopen the whole "Zook should not have been fired debate," but ironically TB seems to be just as bad (if not worse) at several of the many things Zook himself was particularly bad at, two-point strategy being one prime example.