2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 13, 2014 -> 06:07 PM)
Still dont understand what George O'Leary saw in the other QB that started against Penn St. UCF would've won if they started this kid.

No kidding but I feel like that's not the first time a QB practices like crap then is a huge gamer. But for how accurate he is I'm surprised he'd practice poorly. Helps too that they had a bye week to prepare I guess

QUOTE (Boogua @ Sep 13, 2014 -> 04:16 PM)
So I got banned on illinoisloyalty for saying this in week 1, but I'll say it here again in week 3.

Wes Lunt is terrible.

I haven't seen enough of him to comment, but he did get beat out at OK State so it shouldn't be that shocking that he isn't a world beater as a first-year starter.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Sep 13, 2014 -> 04:16 PM)
So I got banned on illinoisloyalty for saying this in week 1, but I'll say it here again in week 3.

Wes Lunt is terrible.

It's not Lunt. It's the s*** around and the terrible defense. Lunt isn't a top-tier QB, but you can have great seasons with a guy of his caliber. Unfortunately, everyone else on Illinois' roster is mid-major talent.

I'm sure no one watched the Ball State/ISU game, but let me fill you in on how it ended....

Ball State down by 7, they have the ball at the 50 with about a minute left. They drive down the field, get to about the 10 yard line. The QB Ozzie Mann runs the ball and gets stopped at about the 1 yard line, with about 8 seconds left and no timeouts. All the players rush to the line to get the last play off, and as the ref is running to the line with the ball, he gets bumped in to by a lineman, and drops the ball, which bounds a few yards away, and the clock expires while the ref if corralling the ball.........Game over, no last play of the game, the refs immediately sprint off the field to boos by the crowd.

Can't make that s*** up.