2014 NFL Draft Thread

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 6, 2014 -> 11:52 AM)
There was like 5 players who failed a drug test at the combine. How could you be that dumb.

Some big names.

Timmy Jernigan

Zach Mettenberger

Christian Jones

Telvin Smith

Anthony Johnson

Seriously. That tells you way more about intelligence than any Wonderlic test.

And LOL at some of their agents claiming that the failures for "diluted samples" came from "accidentally" drinking too much water.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 6, 2014 -> 11:52 AM)
There was like 5 players who failed a drug test at the combine. How could you be that dumb.

Some big names.

Timmy Jernigan

Zach Mettenberger

Christian Jones

Telvin Smith

Anthony Johnson

People were losing their s*** over Jernigan early on but on films he looks like a inconsistent motor guy. He can dominate when he wants to but most of the time he's coasting along.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 7, 2014 -> 09:59 AM)
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2...college-players

Loved this article. So many people instinctively view college football through a NFL Prospect lens that they did not appreciate some of these guys as much as they should. No shame in being a great college player, and Connor Shaw especially won me over last year. Dude is nails.

Jordan Matthews was the only damn thing Vanderbilt had. The ONLY THING. ANd he still tore apart defenses on the reg.

Jordan Matthews is going to be a very solid pro.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ May 7, 2014 -> 10:42 AM)
People were losing their s*** over Jernigan early on but on films he looks like a inconsistent motor guy. He can dominate when he wants to but most of the time he's coasting along.

He dominates when the Reefer Madness sets in

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 7, 2014 -> 08:33 AM)
Seriously. That tells you way more about intelligence than any Wonderlic test.

And LOL at some of their agents claiming that the failures for "diluted samples" came from "accidentally" drinking too much water.

I actually had that happen to me for a drug test for a job. No one told me and I usually drink a lot of water and i had to go back and get retested. Again, these guys are better educated than that and I'm not naive. However, in my case, I had nothing to dilute my sample for (don't do drugs and never have).

QUOTE (southside hitman @ May 7, 2014 -> 08:42 AM)

He has the body for a really good pro. Wish we still had Marinelli.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 7, 2014 -> 09:37 AM)
I'd actually rather have Paul Pasqualoni as the DL coach than Marinelli.

I'm curious to see what Paul does but Marinelli is a legend and was great for this team. Outstanding human being too.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 7, 2014 -> 11:39 AM)
I'm curious to see what Paul does but Marinelli is a legend and was great for this team. Outstanding human being too.

I think Marinelli was good with Lovie. His effect on a defense was definitely not apparent in Big D last season

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 7, 2014 -> 05:02 PM)
I'm glad the draft is tomorrow. I can't take anymore.

This is the time before the draft where every player is the worst ever and going to be the best ever.

Seems like sentiment is that the extra time before draft has led to a lot of guys being further ripped apart.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 7, 2014 -> 11:51 AM)
Seems like sentiment is that the extra time before draft has led to a lot of guys being further ripped apart.

I forget where I read it, but a former GM said they should move the draft up to March. That there is too much time and people are over thinking things and starting to base too much on pro days.

I read yesterday that an NFL scout said Teddy Bridgewater has 4th round talent. That is the point where I stopped reading anything else.

So apparently the NFL is considering pushing the draft back another two weeks next year. I f***ing hate Roger Goodell. Because I want another 2 weeks of the media rehashing the same s*** over and over again about players that have already been talked about for 3 months. Sounds thrilling.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 7, 2014 -> 10:40 PM)
Alright, by around this time tomorrow we should know the Bears first pick. Who do you have?

I have my money on Clinton-Dix

Kirby van der Kemp - Iowa State - Punter.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 8, 2014 -> 08:28 AM)
Wrong thread, here is the right one:

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91959

I will NOT get into a discussion with greg over Monica Lewinsky TYVM

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 8, 2014 -> 08:25 AM)
Kirby van der Kemp - Iowa State - Punter.

I wasnt aware the Packers needed a punter

I'd say the Bears take Aaron Donald, but I think he is long gone by the time the Bears draft. So I will go with Kyle Fuller out of Virgina Tech.

It also wouldn't shock me if the Bears traded back.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 8, 2014 -> 08:40 AM)
I'd say the Bears take Aaron Donald, but I think he is long gone by the time the Bears draft. So I will go with Kyle Fuller out of Virgina Tech.

It also wouldn't shock me if the Bears traded back.

Good call here. I'd love to drop back a few spots and pick up an extra 3rd rounder. Fuller is a good name though.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 8, 2014 -> 09:20 AM)
Good call here. I'd love to drop back a few spots and pick up an extra 3rd rounder. Fuller is a good name though.

I have a feeling the Bears might move back.

I know they need a safety and that is mocked to them alot, but I'm not sure teams are that high on Clinton-Dix and Pryor. Honestly, I like Bucannon better than both of those guys.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 8, 2014 -> 07:27 AM)
I have a feeling the Bears might move back.

I know they need a safety and that is mocked to them alot, but I'm not sure teams are that high on Clinton-Dix and Pryor. Honestly, I like Bucannon better than both of those guys.

Only thing we can hope is there is more and more smoke to these Manziel to Dallas fires and some team that likes Manziel a lot, cuts a deal with us to move ahead of Dallas. That or some other guys will have to drop. I am a proponent of moving down, presuming Donald isn't there.