Sox claim Javy Guerra

kevo880

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 08:30 PM)
They were talking about Beckham playing in Birmingham next week for a couple games and coming off the DL on April 5th, which he can, because it's retroactive.

4 games isn't a lot of time to steal a guy's spot. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see Semien be the regular 2B, but I'm expecting Beckham bought himself a few more months in Chicago.

I guess the next question is, who goes down when Beckham comes off the DL? Leury is more versatile, but Semien can probably still play 3 times a week.

Please stop making me say that Semien needs to play every day.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 12:47 PM)
I suppose it has something to do with this:

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/nov/02/sp...oulder-20121102

Maybe they just thought his 2013 results were an accurate representation of his health.

Mr. Rehab?? In any other profession, he would be deemed to have a drinking problem. great nickname.

Guerra has been optioned to Charlotte. I thought he was out of options, but I guess not. It's good since he hasn't really pitched in a while. Good for Webb too.

edit: He was outrighted to Charlotte, which makes more sense. Also means he's not on the 40-man.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 11:41 AM)
Guerra has been optioned to Charlotte. I thought he was out of options, but I guess not. It's good since he hasn't really pitched in a while. Good for Webb too.

edit: He was outrighted to Charlotte, which makes more sense. Also means he's not on the 40-man.

Wouldn't that mean he would have cleared waivers after the SOX claimed him?