Game Thread- Rangers @ Sox 1:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 06:38 PM)
I honestly think he has blinders on at times mentally. He does stupid s*** like this too often for it to be a conscious thing. He needs to "unlearn" diving into 1st and running into walls.

Yep, let's hope he does before he suffers a major injury.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 11:39 AM)
Yep, let's hope he does before he suffers a major injury.

The thing is, there was a video on the white sox website celebrating his catch against the fence the other night and it said something like "Walls? Adam Eaton doesn't care about Walls"

I've never seen a professional baseball player do that. It's largely his fault that he was unaware of the fence, but this isn't the same thing as diving into first or leaping into the wall. I don't think he was aware that he was risking injury at all. I just can't figure out why he was so off.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 07:44 PM)
Surrounding Jose with Ramirez, Dunn and Viciedo is like parking your BMW 5 series outside your single wide at the trailer park.

Against RHP, I would have Dunn bat 2nd. He can still get on base for Abreu, he doesn't hit into a lot of double plays, and maybe he can take advantage of a lack of shift if Eaton is on.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 01:46 PM)
Against RHP, I would have Dunn bat 2nd. He can still get on base for Abreu, he doesn't hit into a lot of double plays, and maybe he can take advantage of a lack of shift if Eaton is on.

If he were at all willing to go to the left side, I would entertain this idea.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 02:47 PM)
If he were at all willing to go to the left side, I would entertain this idea.

Personally I'd go, against RH:

Eaton

Conor

Jose

Dunn

Ramirez

Flowers

Viciedo

Beckham

s*** outfielder de jur

I just don't understand how Conor gets pushed down so far.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
I've never seen a professional baseball player do that. It's largely his fault that he was unaware of the fence, but this isn't the same thing as diving into first or leaping into the wall. I don't think he was aware that he was risking injury at all. I just can't figure out why he was so off.

He didn't even try to put his arms out to feel where the wall was

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 02:57 PM)
That's just silly. The manager should not be able to stall the umpire until his dugout gives him answer. Once you go out there, it's a challenge.

The challenge system should be completely booth reviewed in NYC, no more f***ing challenges is slows the game down and it's un necessary.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 01:57 PM)
That's just silly. The manager should not be able to stall the umpire until his dugout gives him answer. Once you go out there, it's a challenge.

That would be a good rule change.

I wonder when the Sox will have a good team again. The Cubs have proven you can stink year after year. Baseball is such a long season it's depressing to not be a contender year after year. Robin must really love baseball to want to manage a team not built to contend. He made enough money during his career to be set for life five times over.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 07:37 PM)
I wonder when the Sox will have a good team again. The Cubs have proven you can stink year after year. Baseball is such a long season it's depressing to not be a contender year after year. Robin must really love baseball to want to manage a team not built to contend. He made enough money during his career to be set for life five times over.

I think both teams in Chicago will be stellar come 2016.