Snowmageddon 2015

Brian

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 01:00 PM)
winter tires are a huge help on high-powered RWD cars.

Mine didnt help much when I slid into oncoming traffic and got hit head on at 70 mph.

But generally they help, just buy blizzaks.

And this winter is the last of my old snowblower, I'm going to 2-stage next year.

so it's been 40 degrees two days straight and has been 8 days since the snow. DIBS IS OVER. ITS OVER, YOU DONT JUST GET TO CLAIM A SPOT ON A PUBLIC STREET FOREVER.

It's behavior like this that makes me completely immune to the sob stories over digging out for 30 minutes only to lose your spot over a trip to the drug store. Maybe you should have walked there.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 02:26 PM)
so it's been 40 degrees two days straight and has been 8 days since the snow. DIBS IS OVER. ITS OVER, YOU DONT JUST GET TO CLAIM A SPOT ON A PUBLIC STREET FOREVER.

It's behavior like this that makes me completely immune to the sob stories over digging out for 30 minutes only to lose your spot over a trip to the drug store. Maybe you should have walked there.

My brother who lives in lakeview stated that someone removed someone's dibs garbage from the street and watched someone park there only to get their tires slashed.

I'm glad I use a zip car and my real car just sits around collecting dust.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 10:32 AM)
My brother who lives in lakeview stated that someone removed someone's dibs garbage from the street and watched someone park there only to get their tires slashed.

I'm glad I use a zip car and my real car just sits around collecting dust.

Seeing someone put dibs on a spot that my wife cleaned out made me want to throw them in the yard, but I figured the poor sap who parked there might take a punishment.

All the more reason Dibs should end.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 11:44 AM)
Seeing someone put dibs on a spot that my wife cleaned out made me want to throw them in the yard, but I figured the poor sap who parked there might take a punishment.

All the more reason Dibs should end.

I probably would see red if I caught someone doing that. I'm surprised you didn't light him up.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 11:50 AM)
I probably would see red if I caught someone doing that. I'm surprised you didn't light him up.

Unfortunately did not see anyone, just that there is now a huge garbage can and chair in that spot.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 06:05 PM)
I'm in Milwaukee right now. After my drive back to the hotel, I decided that if I ever lived in the North, I'd spend the extra money for a car with 4 wheel drive. Probably a Tahoe.

These past 2 winters have me regretting buying a Ford Focus, love the car in everything but snow (it's just too low/light). If I wasn't able to work from home I would be screwed during these storms.

If I still lived in the city I wouldn't be opposed to start an anonymous group that removes all dibs from the city streets outside of the reasonable time period of the dib. Like today for example. After the snow has been cleared and there hasnt been an accumulating snowfall in a weeks time there is no reason why everyone still stakes claim to the parking spots they have dibs on. In a lot of neighborhoods they still hold dibs after all snow is gone. Its a freaking joke.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 04:01 PM)
Ah I'm not too far from there now. I'm in Old Irving Park/Avondale.

Do you have a lot of permit parking near your place or is it mostly street?

There is some permit by the cali blue, but that's 5 or so blocks north. It's all street parking. There's occasionally shortages on our block, but for the most part it's easy to park. Except when people claim 40 feet for their sedan via DIBS.