World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
That was the dumbest thing I've ever read. Basically Justin Roberts is mad he didn't get credit for benefitting Connor.

That's how it came across to me as well. The kid got yo enjoy some memorable moments. Who cares who set it up? Maybe he wants a Warrior Award.

I'm sure SOXFEST will agree with Justin.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 05:00 PM)
That's how it came across to me as well. The kid got yo enjoy some memorable moments. Who cares who set it up? Maybe he wants a Warrior Award.

I'm sure SOXFEST will agree with Justin.

I am not the only one who agrees with him.

Powell's POV: This is a must read blog. While I wasn't there to know whether Justin's side of the story is 100 percent accurate, it sure seems very apparent to me that this was a very personal situation to him and that he's not just a guy with an axe to grind. Roberts also wrote that timekeeper Mark Yeaton was let go the day before his 30th anniversary with the company. He added that former employees such as Yeaton are contractually restricted from speaking out against the company, Roberts' deal did not include that language.

Per Prowrestling net

About 12 hours before WWE inducted WWE fan Connor Michalek a/k/a Connor the Crusher into the WWE Hall of Fame, executive Stephanie McMahon tweeted a stunning quote from one of Twitter's founders at WWE's annual business partners meeting. Without providing context, Stephanie quoted co-founder Biz Stone that "philanthropy is the future of marketing" and "how brands are going to win."

The tweet was the impetus for former WWE ring announcer Justin Roberts to write a detailed blog on WWE's relationship with Connor, several months after being released from his contract. After "biting his tongue," Roberts says he decided to publicly question whether Connor's Cure and Connor's Hall of Fame induction was "driven by sincerity and not strategy."

After detailing the entire relationship between WWE and Connor step-by-step, which Roberts noted he was a big part of during his time in WWE, Roberts concluded: "I watched the Hall of Fame and cried my eyes out. I bit my tongue and swallowed my pride for a long time, hoping everything stemmed from the kindness of their hearts. I thank all of the talent and employees who did and still do everything to help people, out of their kindness and not for business purposes. When I was reading Twitter this weekend, I felt like I was punched in the gut. Despite rewriting the story and using it to pat themselves on the back for being a standup organization, I wish Connor’s Cure and Connor’s induction into the Hall of Fame were driven by sincerity and not strategy. But sadly, it looks like they are just part of the 'philanthropic' future of marketing."

Inside Roberts's blog was his assertion of how WWE "re-wrote the story," whether it was to serve a larger purpose of marketing WWE corporately or sincerely raising awareness for pediatric brain research. Roberts pointed to the back-story on the video packages that WWE airs at house shows, which features Stephanie crying when talking about Connor, as why he questions the sincerity.

Per PW Torch

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 07:50 PM)
Not only am I working on a night where I can't watch the title game, I'm missing NEVILLE VS ROLLINS!?!

Rollins won. Neville was gonna hit his signature until Mercury and Noble interfered. Rollins hit curb stomp and that's all she wrote. Solid match though, a good 10-12 minutes.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 08:12 PM)
My guess would be Reigns? But does it matter at this point? Bray's character is dead and useless.

Hes been stale yes, but if put in the right program he could still be fun. Id ditch the backstage promos and get him back out onstage or in the ring. I think the "Fireflies" and his entrance add to the mystique of his character.

I suppose Reigns could make some sense. Id love to see him go after Harper for some reason.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 01:48 PM)
If Bryan retires in the next few months, which sounds more and more likely every day, it will mean that my 2 favorite wrestlers- Punk & Bryan- have left in the past year or so. Ugh.

I'd just have him get the surgery where he maybe out for a year. Still young. I know it's not perfect choice but whatever.

According to wrestlezone.com, WWE is reportedly banning Seth Rollins from using his finisher, the curb stomp. The feeling is that the move too much of a direct liability and risk for a head injury. This comes during a time where all sports trying to be more proactive when it comes to preventing head injuries and concussions.

The site continues on, stating that WWE reportedly doesn’t want its top star doing the move every night and they also don’t want to be showing it in video clips. Last week on Raw, Rollins’ entrance video was primarily just graphics of his name because the usual video featured several clips of him using the move.

Yeah, you don't want a move that is over and unique and simple to do, to be shown. Ugh

If they don't let him do it on Raw, fine, but PPVs and stuff? Cmon. Than ban punches and head butts and all the kicks to the head guys do. So stupid.

Ya it really does seem extremely safe, I don't get this one. Good news is that Seth has such a ridiculous move set that he's one guy that can lose his finisher and it won't really matter

Edited by Rowand44