Why should Robin Ventura have a MLB manager job

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Micah's play saddens me. I guess I expected a huge huge impact. Stolen bases galore, etc., after hearing Hawk gush about him all last year. I know he's OK and all that but I had way out of whack expectations for him.

The way the org pumped him up he was bound to fail. They f***ing rush everyone of their guys it seems. He was nowhere near MLB ready and we saw it in spring. That Sanchez lingers in AAA while the Sox are close to last in every single defensive metric really pisses me off.

Here's what should happen on the off day:

Robin out Steverson interim

Micah to AAA Sanchez up

Gordon is new everyday 3b

sanchez is new everyday 2b

rodon to aaa

____ up

The team needs defense BADLY. I don't think Gordon is any sort of answer but right now he can at least provide defense.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 4, 2015 -> 12:08 AM)
The way the org pumped him up he was bound to fail. They f***ing rush everyone of their guys it seems. He was nowhere near MLB ready and we saw it in spring. That Sanchez lingers in AAA while the Sox are close to last in every single defensive metric really pisses me off.

Here's what should happen on the off day:

Robin out Steverson interim

Micah to AAA Sanchez up

Gordon is new everyday 3b

sanchez is new everyday 2b

rodon to aaa

____ up

The team needs defense BADLY. I don't think Gordon is any sort of answer but right now he can at least provide defense.

He has played 20 games (57 ABs) and he has already failed? Come on man. He is seeing the most pitches on a team full of mainly vets. He has made 1 error (Today) and out of the regulars he is 4th in average and I guarantee if the rest of our offense wasn't horrible he would be playing better. Yeah he is a bit shaky in the field but really hasn't hurt the team with his fielding, IMO and I have no idea why they aren't having him steal nearly every time he is on 1st but he has been a bright spot on this s***ty team. He is not the one to replace in the line up.

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 4, 2015 -> 06:47 AM)
@mullyhanley: .@JonHeymanCBS is on right now...says he hears nothing of Robin Ventura's job being in jeopardy. #whiteSox

They probably should give Robin the full week to get this right.

4-2 this week would put them at 12-16. That's bad, but teams have come back after a start like that, and the Sox are currently 3.5 games out of a wildcard spot.

Now if they get swept by the Tigers, or go 2-4 this week, 10-18...it's time to go.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 3, 2015 -> 09:18 PM)
i really don't know about that, but let say you are right. only 1 player has step up and said it is the players fault. that was Jose A and it was today.

There are more. That was the quote on twitter, but there were more players in the main article.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 4, 2015 -> 06:57 AM)
They probably should give Robin the full week to get this right.

4-2 this week would put them at 12-16. That's bad, but teams have come back after a start like that, and the Sox are currently 3.5 games out of a wildcard spot.

Now if they get swept by the Tigers, or go 2-4 this week, 10-18...it's time to go.

I'm fine with that. Today would be the day for me but I just can't imagine they keep him while playing so bad for so long.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 4, 2015 -> 08:24 AM)
I'm fine with that. Today would be the day for me but I just can't imagine they keep him while playing so bad for so long.

I still do not believe they will do anything until the season ends.