2015 White Sox Draft Picks - Updates

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
Nice! I'll be tuning in! It should be his last appearance in college before he joins the Sox.

I'm with you! The wife and I are going to see the new Mad Max movie this afternoon and will be home just in time for first pitch. Really looking forward to seeing Fulmer's last start.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 07:19 PM)
Here's your draft signings and pool status update - should give you the full picture as it stands right now.

what the f***, how can we not sign him.... you can't tell me that the sox can not use someone like this. i am totally pissed. i mean, can't the freaking owners afford this.

oops ~~~~ edit. i mean to mention the name. ==== Joseph Reinsdorff

:D

Edited by LDF

Carson Fulmer's night and college career are done. He went 7.2 scoreless innings, allowing two hits and two walks while striking out eight.

Look for him to sign at slot or (hopefully) a bit below and immediately be our #1 or #2 prospect.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 11:19 PM)
Carson Fulmer's night and college career are done. He went 7.2 scoreless innings, allowing two hits and two walks while striking out eight.

Look for him to sign at slot or (hopefully) a bit below and immediately be our #1 or #2 prospect.

No doubt about it Fulmer really is Filthy Fulmer, he does worry me prospectively though, did we really get a starter? If so is he frontline? His size, goggles, velocity, arsenal, tendency to hit the dirt, all have me thinking he's a future reliever. We all knew Sale and Rodon were frontline starters when drafted but there is so much question about Fulmer's future. I'd like to see him win the CWS, sign for slot, go to AZL/GF in mid-July, then W-S, then Charlotte like Rodon. If he develops the command, adjusts to pro-ball, and perfects his arsenal, hopefully he can remain a starter long term. He reminds me a lot of Marcus Stroman, while he's most commonly compared to former Commodore Sonny Gray, and has even been compared to Carlos Martinez, Danny Salazar, Tim Lincecum, and Roy Oswalt. Hopefully, he'll be up on a winning ChiSox team in 2016 in a rotation looking like Sale, Fulmer, Quintana, Johnson, Rodon.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:05 AM)
No doubt about it Fulmer really is Filthy Fulmer, he does worry me prospectively though, did we really get a starter? If so is he frontline? His size, goggles, velocity, arsenal, tendency to hit the dirt, all have me thinking he's a future reliever. We all knew Sale and Rodon were frontline starters when drafted but there is so much question about Fulmer's future. I'd like to see him win the CWS, sign for slot, go to AZL/GF in mid-July, then W-S, then Charlotte like Rodon. If he develops the command, adjusts to pro-ball, and perfects his arsenal, hopefully he can remain a starter long term. He reminds me a lot of Marcus Stroman, while he's most commonly compared to former Commodore Sonny Gray, and has even been compared to Carlos Martinez, Danny Salazar, Tim Lincecum, and Roy Oswalt. Hopefully, he'll be up on a winning ChiSox team in 2016 in a rotation looking like Sale, Fulmer, Quintana, Johnson, Rodon.

What do the goggles have to do with it? Lots of pitchers wear contacts, but a few prefer goggles. And we didn't

all know" Sale was a frontline starter for sure, in fact there was lots of doubt on that early on.

I like the Roy Oswalt comp for Fulmer. Sale wasn't seen as a definite frontline starter. At least I didn't think so. I have concerns watching Fulmer pitch as well but I'll trust the White Sox on this one. Lots of really smart people think that Fulmer can start.

for me, i am using Sale as the front side example.

Fulmer is not front of the rotation and neither is Rodon at this time. who knows in 4+ yrs from now.

i see Adam, Q, Rodon, and Fulmer all in the same kettle. that is a pretty nice group of arms there, if they all continue to develop.

lets not forget Lowry and Guerrero and how they will develop.

Everything I have read from professionals see him as a top end rotation starter.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 09:06 AM)
Everything I have read from professionals see him as a top end rotation starter.

Keith Law (surprise surprise) is a notable Fulmer non-believer. He actually said Fulmer has "no chance" to be a starter with his current delivery. However, he did say the White Sox were a perfect landing spot for him with their prior success with unconventional deliveries (cough, Sale, cough).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:07 AM)
What do the goggles have to do with it?

They have everything to do with it because they are Magic goggles that allow Fulmer to peer into the mind of the hitter. Don't believe me? Just look at his numbers! :lol:

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)
What do the goggles have to do with it? Lots of pitchers wear contacts, but a few prefer goggles. And we didn't

all know" Sale was a frontline starter for sure, in fact there was lots of doubt on that early on.

You're right on Sale but the goggles thing was intended to be humorous, but in all honesty, Gagne, Blowasavio, Farnsworth, Cecil, Valverde, K-Rod all closers

Yeah, Fulmer is going to get shut down now for a couple weeks, but he'll sign quick.

I don't they're going to be as aggressive with him as Rodon though. He's at 120+ innings as it is. If he pitches above Winston-Salem this season, I'd kinda be surprised.