• Over
    • Under

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)
Playing Gordon at third initially seemed odd, but God knows he can pick it. Saladino is supposed to be above average with the glove.

IIRC they worked Gordon at 3b for like a week or two in Charlotte right before he was called up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
IIRC they worked Gordon at 3b for like a week or two in Charlotte right before he was called up.

He played 8 games there. Saladino has played 5. So really, they are in the same boat. He has primarily played SS so I don't think this should be a huge deal. If he is a decent SS, and I don't know where his throwing is at, he should be better than Gillaspie right now, and improve at 3B with more reps. But this isn't like putting Soto in LF.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 04:08 PM)
He played 8 games there. Saladino has played 5. So really, they are in the same boat. He has primarily played SS so I don't think this should be a huge deal. If he is a decent SS, and I don't know where his throwing is at, he should be better than Gillaspie right now, and improve at 3B with more reps. But this isn't like putting Soto in LF.

Yeah, but only 2 of those games were this season. Woulda been nice to give him a week there just to get the footing down.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
Yeah, but only 2 of those games were this season. Woulda been nice to give him a week there just to get the footing down.

I wouldn't doubt he has been taking a lot of grounders at 3B before games for a little while. Obviously games are different, but there is not much difference between 8 games, 5 games, and 0 games.