• Over
    • Under

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 04:26 PM)
pressbox, not the broadcast booth. Just a reporter making a joke.

Just wanted to make clear in case people listening on radio thought that the joke was Hawk yelling it and being blind.

Plate discipline that the cubs instilled as an organization from top to bottom is one thing I really give them credit for as it mirrors Boston and New York. Obviously it is not working as well as those two have in the past but it beats the hell out of the first pitch pop out or whatever failing white Sox philosophy there is.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 03:29 PM)
Plate discipline that the cubs instilled as an organization from top to bottom is one thing I really give them credit for as it mirrors Boston and New York. Obviously it is not working as well as those two have in the past but it beats the hell out of the first pitch pop out or whatever failing white Sox philosophy there is.

Cubs have 100 more walks and 149 more Ks than the Sox this year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 03:30 PM)
Cubs have 100 more walks and 149 more Ks than the Sox this year.

The philosophy is to take pitches that are pitchers pitches. The Cardinal game with Montero was a prime example. He took a pitch he could not do anything with and got the call then doubled.

As the Hawkeroo has been saying for years a bad plan is better than no plan at all. I do not think the White Sox have a plan as an organization.