• Over
    • Under

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 01:11 PM)
Yeah, but only 2 of those games were this season. Woulda been nice to give him a week there just to get the footing down.

His upside is as a utility player. He'll have to grow. If he can't develop and make it because a shortstop is playing a few games in an uncomfortable position, well he'll never make it. As a SS, this should be easy. Are their some things he'll have to learn and refine, absolutely. We also have no knowledge of where he took his infield in the minors as he might have gotten other opportunities vs. pure game opportunities to work on fielding their. Sox have another guy in AAA who they want to get as much reps at 3B in case somehow he learns how to hit so you aren't going to just turn over those reps to a guy whose upside is that of a utility player (not that I even like Davidson either).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 01:18 PM)
Every time you wonder why Sanchez is on the roster, he makes a play that Micah Johnson can only dream about.

I've said it for a while but while I'm high on Johnson, I am not demoting Sanchez. I think the combo of Johnson / Sanchez / Saladino should get lots of at bats and reps this year to see what we have and who could stick and where.