8/18- White Sox @ Angels 9:05 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 11:18 PM)
I'm sick of seeing Jose getting a steady diet of inside s***. That's what having no protection does. Nobody is afraid of putting him on for Melky and Avi.

Exactly. I would love to see what Jose number's when he has legit protection behind him.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 04:14 AM)
No greg, Danks pitched like s***. He settled down but did not do well at all.

LOL. Did not do well at all? Didn't he pitch into the 8th? He's the least of this team's problems. This team blows and he's been a pleasant surprise.

Tough break for the sox having to play the Angels right after sweeping them at home. No way they were going to repeat that with this lousy team. Have u noticed Sox quietly have been horsecrap on the road since that 7-1 trip? Totally pathetic.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 04:34 AM)
Tough break for the sox having to play the Angels right after sweeping them at home. No way they were going to repeat that with this lousy team. Have u noticed Sox quietly have been horsecrap on the road since that 7-1 trip? Totally pathetic.

They have sucked this season besides that 7-1 stretch.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 11:27 PM)
LOL. Did not do well at all? Didn't he pitch into the 8th? He's the least of this team's problems. This team blows and he's been a pleasant surprise.

So giving up 5 runs but going deep is good? You're officially bonkers greg.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 11:10 PM)
Do any of you use mlb.com?? How in the f*** can they run the same f***ing commercials over and over every half inning? It literally is driving me crazy hearing the accent of that race driver; then the Sox highlight reel with Hawk's calls.

How can mlb.com advertisers think it's an effective strategy making you listen to the same f***ing commercial up to 20 times a night???

Consider yourself lucky. The "carry on my wayward son" beer commercial is on like 50 times per TV commercial break

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 04:37 AM)
So giving up 5 runs but going deep is good? You're officially bonkers greg.

That one run was unearned. Danks had another good outing. Four runs should be enough to at least force extra innings. Except this team can't hit. But Steverson gets a free pass; Robin gets a free pass and people blame guys like the gritty Danks. Danks is good IMO.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 11:47 PM)
Mediocre outing at best. Angels don't exactly have a good offense at the moment and those were some meatballs early.

If Danks didn't give up the two bombs early in the first f***ing inning, his outing was good.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 04:49 AM)
If Danks didn't give up the two bombs early in the first f***ing inning, his outing was good.

His outing was good. He gave up four runs and pitched well. Does anybody agree with Greg that Danks had a good outing, because he did? What are you guys expecting? Just because the offense can't score 4 runs. I consider 3-4 runs in eight innings a good outing from a pitcher pretty much. A great outing would be 2 runs, maybe even some nights 3.

I'm a little surprised nobody has forcefully jumped on the Danks bandwagon to support my positions. It grows a little old that a lot of people think he's trash when he's been OK to good this year overall.

p.s. Just cause I like Danks doesn't mean I'm a troll. Fans have their favorite players for whatever reason. I could go through it again but I think everybody knows why I like Danks. A lot of posters are out there in support BTW. El Rockin always is praising guys. I like Danks; so shoot me.

Edited by greg775

Since the Sox had that mirage and went 7-1 at the worst possible time 9right before the deadline) they are now 6-12 and have lost five straight road games.

Also tonight was the 62nd time in 117 games they scored three runs or less. That's 53%.

Mark

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 11:59 PM)
His outing was good. He gave up four runs and pitched well. Does anybody agree with Greg that Danks had a good outing, because he did? What are you guys expecting? Just because the offense can't score 4 runs. I consider 3-4 runs in eight innings a good outing from a pitcher pretty much. A great outing would be 2 runs, maybe even some nights 3.

I'm a little surprised nobody has forcefully jumped on the Danks bandwagon to support my positions. It grows a little old that a lot of people think he's trash when he's been OK to good this year overall.

p.s. Just cause I like Danks doesn't mean I'm a troll. Fans have their favorite players for whatever reason. I could go through it again but I think everybody knows why I like Danks. A lot of posters are out there in support BTW. El Rockin always is praising guys. I like Danks; so shoot me.

Troll.