9/1/15 GT: SOX (61-68) @ Twins (67-63) - 8:10PM EDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 07:40 PM)
Arrieta shut them out. :)

Minnesota is pulling outside pitches too.

It's like they're able to read what he's throwing. No one is swinging through his pitches. It's unbelievable.

He cost himself a Cy Young tonight. I hope he doesn't become one of "best players not to win cy young" pitchers

Assuming we're stuck with LaRoche next year, we have to platoon him AND play him more at 1B. Not only is Adam clearly the better defender at 1B, but Abreu has not shown any issues with DHing. Given Thompson's splits against LHP, he should be in the lineup every game LaRoche is on the bench. Therefore, here's what I'd propose doing at 1B, DH, & LF next year:

Against RHP

1B: LaRoche

DH: Abreu

LF: Melky

Against LHP

1B: Abreu

DH: Melky

LF: Thompson

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 07:45 PM)
That slim, outside chance of Sale winning the Cy Young, I think, is gone. Even if he hits 300 Ks.

Odds were overwhelming that Keuchel would've won it anyway, even if Sale had gotten to a 3 ERA or something close to that.

There's always next year. He just has to avoid starts like these and he'll win a Cy Young eventually.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 12:48 AM)
Meh Sale doesn't deserve the CY with how many dud games he has had this year. It's one thing to lose games and give up few runs it's another when you get shelled for 6-9 runs which has happened to him a few times.

Agreed his ERA is too high this year.