9/1/15 GT: SOX (61-68) @ Twins (67-63) - 8:10PM EDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9th time this season the Sox lost a game when leading in the 7th inning or later.

And the first "blown" game didn't happen until May 26th.

The bullpen has been directly responsible for losing seven of those nine games.

Nine games is a lot to me.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 10:38 PM)
9th time this season the Sox lost a game when leading in the 7th inning or later.

And the first "blown" game didn't happen until May 26th.

The bullpen has been directly responsible for losing seven of those nine games.

Nine games is a lot to me.

Mark

The bullpen is mediocre but the real problem is the putrid offense. You hand over a 1 or 2 run lead enough and you're gonna blow games. That's what Hawk always gets wrong. Suddenly, when you're up 6-2 instead of 3-2 your bullpen looks a helluva lot better.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 04:02 AM)
How is hawk acting weird?

He made a few mistakes like saying Alexei hit the home run, not Avi. Stoney made some point and Hawk first said loudly, "What??"

Then after Stoney repeated it, Hawk said he never heard of that before. He was speaking very loudly tonight. When he said that about Stoney's point, it's almost as if Stone didn't know if Hawk was being mean or weird, so Stoney didn't say anything.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 04:16 AM)
Nice swing by Saladino. Beckham with an impressive bubble blown rounding 3rd

I noticed that, too. I guess Beckham is a decent utility player. Sox have so many of those. Gillaspie was not one of them cause he is so bad defensively. But Beckham, Saladino, Sanchez, Flowers/Soto both are all part-time at best players. Same at DH as LaRoche should never step in the box against a lefty ever again.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 05:13 AM)
The bullpen is mediocre but the real problem is the putrid offense. You hand over a 1 or 2 run lead enough and you're gonna blow games. That's what Hawk always gets wrong. Suddenly, when you're up 6-2 instead of 3-2 your bullpen looks a helluva lot better.

Is it too late to trade Robertson and Duke? I'd suggest doing that. Although Nate threw up a meatball tonight that got bludgeoned into the upper reaches of the stadium.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 12:40 AM)
He made a few mistakes like saying Alexei hit the home run, not Avi. Stoney made some point and Hawk first said loudly, "What??"

Then after Stoney repeated it, Hawk said he never heard of that before. He was speaking very loudly tonight. When he said that about Stoney's point, it's almost as if Stone didn't know if Hawk was being mean or weird, so Stoney didn't say anything.

I noticed that, too. I guess Beckham is a decent utility player. Sox have so many of those. Gillaspie was not one of them cause he is so bad defensively. But Beckham, Saladino, Sanchez, Flowers/Soto both are all part-time at best players. Same at DH as LaRoche should never step in the box against a lefty ever again.

jesus, I'm glad I've checked out outside the box scores. What an embarrassment this franchise is. Hawk needs to retire.