2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 09:20 AM)
Hillary is probably just waiting for Trump to bring up Bill's discretion's because she has a simple retort. Also, everyone already know what Willy did. It wouldn't be groundbreaking news.

Its not, everyone knows about it. Surprisingly fewer people know about Trump's infidelity.

I saw the pictures of Trumps parents with their KKK garb today, that may actually gain him more support in his base.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You may have missed when he derided the Panama papers as anti putin, which I'm pretty sure was pointed out to you in this thread. They also never talk about Russia really, which is the point- no damaging info about Russia ever comes out of wikileaks.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 10:25 AM)
Again, this isn't the "big reveal."

To act as if the government isn't concerned with Assange/Wikileaks is naive. Your assessment of self motivated is an opinion and really not important. HRC/Trump are self motivated presidential candidates trying to cloak themselves as outsiders too (Hillary woman, Trump not from government). It's a part of the political game. If you're anti American government you're not going to get a job on CNN, FOX, etc. Just ask Phil Donahue and his #1 ratings in 2003. So that leaves making your own YouTube type show, which wasn't really a great option when Assange went to RT, or going on another network that doesn't have mainstream acceptance.

How is Russia his employer?

Russia Today is state owned. Assange tv show was on Russia Today.

And just because your anti-American govt doesnt mean that you have to get a job with Russia Today. Because well, if you were truly some champion of freedom (or whatever Assange claims to be) you would probably wouldnt associate yourself with a regime that has a pretty terrible record on cracking down on freedoms, such as free speech, etc.

In terms of concern about Assange I would say it falls well below people like Assad, etc, and we dont drone them, so in what world are we going to use a drone against Assange, especially when he resides in a country that we are allies with.

Can you name 1 time when the US has used a drone in a Europe?

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
You may have missed when he derided the Panama papers as anti putin, which I'm pretty sure was pointed out to you in this thread. They also never talk about Russia really, which is the point- no damaging info about Russia ever comes out of wikileaks.

The altruistic guardian of free information had problems with the biggest leak in history because they vetted it and exposed his boss. That doesn't seem right.

Wikileaks had indeed released information on many different governments, but curiously not Russia and dismisses the largest leak ever because it was bad for putin.

Us hegemony has led to bad things for sure, but Russian hegemony would undoubtedly be worse. Don't let a strong dislike for American foreign policy cross over into excusing atrocities by others. Far leftists make the same mistake far too frequently.

Russia also annexed part of Ukraine and have been backing separatist forces for a few years now, so they have influence on the world stage.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 11:09 AM)
I didn't follow the Panama papers at all. Judging on my googling of when they released, I wasn't following politics at all in the spring because of life.

Is WikiLeaks reporting on Iran? What about Egypt? South Africa? Is any country they're ignoring paying them? The USA has the least regard for international law, the fakest facade of beacon of the world and the most egregious military action. That's what got Assange to go after them in the beginning and their ensuing treatment of him only emboldened him to go at them more.

I am young and didn't live through the Cold War so forgive me if I am being curt when I say that Russia isn't important. The USA fears Putin and tries to sanction them and keep them away from the EU but other than that, on a world scale, they are essentially irrelevant.

Putin has so many problems domestically they can't do anything on a global scale. His country has 11 different time zones, issues under microscope in the Ukraine, serious terror problems up in the northern caucus (not like domestic American terror, but Dagestanis/Chechnians extremists (spelling?) killing hundreds in public every year) and then Putin is going to war with Russia's journalists.

This cant be serious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memo...rity_Assurances

Russia has attempted to take territory in multiple countries in the last decade. You dont need to have been born during the cold war to know places like Ukraine and Georgia (not the US state).

Do you even know that originally Assange claimed he had a lot of information on Russia, but then mysteriously never published it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/01/world/eu...ussia.html?_r=0

Mr. Assange, asked soon after by Time magazine whether he still planned to expose the secret dealings of the Kremlin, reiterated his earlier vow. “Yes indeed,” he said.

But that promised assault would not materialize. Instead, with Mr. Assange’s legal troubles mounting, Mr. Putin would come to his defense.

These are legitimate questions: Do you really believe that the US is worse than China or Russia? What super power do you believe has a better regard for international law?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 10:13 AM)
The bolded has been established multiple times. You said Assange was an employed by the Russias. He hasn't worked for RT since 2012. Unless you can substantiate otherwise, your claim was wrong.

What relevance is there to the second line? The fact that HRC is talking about droning Assange, even if in humor (which is only assumed here), it shows that HRC wants to get rid of him. If he didn't matter and was as terrible as everyone in this thread says he is why is someone as important as HRC even talking about him?

You get rid of an annoying fly even if ultimately that's not that big of an annoyance. Wikileaks isn't irrelevant but calling them one of the biggest threats or concerns is overblown is all. And while Clinton may be too much of a hawk, she wasn't seriously considering a drone strike on the Ecuadorian embassy in London (if she even said that at all).

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 10:03 AM)

Wonder what his shareof the military vote will be after saying women and Trans people being in the military is because of pc and that suicidal vets are weak.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
Frankly, I only have limited time and I don't follow foreign countries politics. The bolded is true, but still, a hypothetical that is irrelevant for reasons previously stated. I have not excused any atrocities by others and I am not sure what even led you to attribute doing so to me.

The bolded is regional. I am not going to act like I understand the evolution of the USSR, Russia and the satellite countries but that's not an international concern. The USA always sticks their nose in everything to ensure that Russia's influence is limited.

As far as the italicized, he's done the same with HRC as StrangeSox has said in this thread ad nauseam. I think, seeing as Snowden was housed in Russia, Assange will tread lightly on Russia if he has any glimmer of hope of living and walking freely on this earth. If Russia is a country that will allow him some form of a normal living life, why would he piss on them?

The last line does not contain legitimate questions. China and Russia would be worse but that is straw man and no reason to excuse American hegemony. I don't believe there's another world power although China could certainly change that in time if they pushed to.

Well since you cant be bothered to learn about Russia and why you maybe should question Assange and his motives, I will give you a brief history of Ukraine. In 1991 Ukraine declared independence from Russia. At that time Ukraine had approximately 1/3 of Russia's nuclear arsenal. In 1994 Ukraine, Russia, United Kingdom and the US signed Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances whereby Ukraine agreed to destroy or return all of the nuclear arsenal to Russia, if Russia agreed to respect their sovereignty and their borders.

In 2014 Russia invaded Ukraine and took an area called "Crimea."

To say this is not an international concern, is the equivalent of saying that the Germans invading France was not an international concern.

And when you say "the US is the WORST" it means that all others are better, so that in fact does excuse the atrocities committed by other countries. Whether you agree with the US policy or not, there is no legitimate way to say that the US has the least regard for international law if you do not actually look up what other countries do. International law does not just apply to incidents that you feel are important, it applies to things like "Russia invading countries" it applies to things like "Chinese taking territorial waters", those are actual breaches of international law.

We all only have limited time, the difference is that if you are going to make statements that use words like "LEAST" and "MOST EGREGIOUS" there is some expectation that you actually have done some research on international actors and have evidence to support your claim. Because whether you like it or not, in terms of historical super powers, the US has been arguably the most benevolent.

I know I know, you have limited time and cant be expected to learn about anything prior to 1980, but if you ever do, I would suggest looking at how previous world super powers like "Great Britain" treated smaller/weaker countries. Because despite your personal opinion, the US has been as fair as any other super power ever has been.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 07:39 PM)
Source?

http://truepundit.com/under-intense-pressu...julian-assange/

Here is what i could find. Seems more like speculation that Hillary was going to go outside her authority and do it on her own. Not sure that passes the smell test cause I don't see why assange would be that important to her. It seems Obama didn't like him, so no need for Hillary to go rogue.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
The last line does not contain legitimate questions. China and Russia would be worse but that is straw man and no reason to excuse American hegemony. I don't believe there's another world power although China could certainly change that in time if they pushed to.

How is that a straw man? You used the phrases "least regard" "fakest facade" and "most egregious." Soxbadger asked about the most obvious culprits to put those claims in doubt. I didn't read Soxbadger's post as excusing American hegemony.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 11:54 PM)
Reports out that HRC put a 10M bounty on journalist Assange.

If this is the bombshell it won't hurt Hillary at all. a.) nobody will believe it. b.) nobody likes Assange and will figure he made it up. Hillary in a landslide.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 4, 2016 -> 12:30 AM)
If this is the bombshell it won't hurt Hillary at all. a.) nobody will believe it. b.) nobody likes Assange and will figure he made it up. Hillary in a landslide.

Coming from a fringe-conspiracy site, I'm gonna guess nah.

https://mediamatters.org/shows-and-publications/true-pundit

Let's just apply Occam's Razor.

If Assange were assassinated, it in no way benefits Hillary, the DNC or American government. He's the figurehead of an organization, trapped in an Ecuadorian Embassy located in the capital city of one of our longest standing allies and slowly losing his mind.

It wouldn't be difficult to discern that the US ordered the hit, would risk causing a war / international incident with Ecuador, straining UK relations while the UK is currently in their own version of Trumpmania. It would also make Assange a martyr and cause everyone to believe more in his leaks - which his organization could keep disseminating without him - thus causing more damage to the US government than if they leave him alone and let him be a Putin Puppet.

The US foreign policy is worse than North Korea, Iran, Syria, China, Russia, India/Pakistan...?

I suggest living in those countries first...you'll have a totally different picture of the way the majority of people feel about their respective leaders/government.

And Trump's foreign policy plan is what exactly? Has his campaign team even articulated one yet, besides isolationism and "winning deals"?

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ Oct 4, 2016 -> 06:44 AM)
So this dude was bluffing the whole time?

He's been bluffing for months. He's said since early this year "listen guys I'm totally going to END Crooked Hillary's campaign with my upcoming leaks!" only to completely fail to deliver every single time.