**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

Simpson gave one of the worst interviews ever a long time ago when he first started on Sunny, it was disappointing because I loved him in the show but man it was weird, egotistical, and off-putting. Kind of shaded how I view him.

They disabled embedding but found it:

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)
Simpson gave one of the worst interviews ever a long time ago when he first started on Sunny, it was disappointing because I loved him in the show but man it was weird, egotistical, and off-putting. Kind of shaded how I view him.

At first I thought you were serious, then I immediately realized that was a joke interview obviously. :lol:

I love how WestWorld took the two characters from the original film and brought them into the show. I loved the scene with William and the host in the dressing room (the actress playing that host was Tom Hardy's female gambit in Inception, another Nolan project) and the concept of white and black hats, very cool stuff. Reminds me of role playing games.

Loved the line about being able to real the difference between the guest and host, real Blade Runner stuff.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)

He's playing a character, there.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 01:34 AM)
You mean from the movie? That would be cool.

Not to get in to details of episode 2 yet, but I really do enjoy Jimmie Simpson. He was really good in Breakout Kings and always reminds me of a young James Spader.

Not from the movie. I meant the original guest in the show, he was the first person to attend/test the park. Really want to know about his life outside the park.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 04:31 PM)
Anybody watch Superstore?

I watched the first three episodes last year when they came out and I thought it was funny, went back and watched the rest of the episodes and I think it is one of the funniest shows right now

I've seen 2 episodes and have wanted to watch more but always forget to.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 10:21 PM)
Still really like the show. Just crazy fun

Totally agree and I'm curious how Fiona screws up the restaurant but I just think 7 or 8 years is a great run for a great show.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 04:31 PM)
Anybody watch Superstore?

I watched the first three episodes last year when they came out and I thought it was funny, went back and watched the rest of the episodes and I think it is one of the funniest shows right now

I watched the first season on demand and never got hooked.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)

Oooooh, I really like those first 2 theories. The point about Maeve seeing The Man in the Black Hat in her flashback does seem to hurt that theory a bit. But the 2nd theory seems to be bang on so far.

I'm still watching westworld but I was expecting it to start hitting a groove.

The parts where it starts to "recreate" the robot loops, even though we see the differences, are kind of tedious. And when we experience new story lines, I kind of just want to fastforward them. There's something about that plot device that is so tedious to experience.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
That said, though this is "unoriginal" in that it was inspired by movie, this narrative structure is pretty out there and I support them trying to figure it out.

I was confused by the Marsden bounty scenes. I get there were guests with them but not sure what it meant or what the guys in hoods are for. I like the show but know what you mean about tedious.

I haven't yet seen this weeks episode, but i've fallen asleep during each of the 1st two weeks episodes (I was tired when watching, but not a great sign for the show in my eyes). Trying to stick with it hoping it will catch its groove, but I can't say that it is must watch TV yet.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 11:30 AM)
I haven't yet seen this weeks episode, but i've fallen asleep during each of the 1st two weeks episodes (I was tired when watching, but not a great sign for the show in my eyes). Trying to stick with it hoping it will catch its groove, but I can't say that it is must watch TV yet.

I don't blame you.

One thing that is familiar and would have helped is if they had a character that was an outsider just coming to the backend of the world and learning about it - and uncovering it's seams and darkness.

The best scenes to me are the fiance on his bachelor party.

Scenes from the robot's point of view are hard for me to care about because to an extent you know it is controlled from an area that we will find more about, there's no "plot" to actually care about.

Not going to give up on show because I love westerns and the scenery, and HBO does SO GOOD at getting shows on track, even if it's i between seasons.

I understand how some could feel the show is at a lull right now, but i am fascinated by it. They are establishing the different storyies that hosts have experienced and showing how they are starting to recall previous events and have feelings about these events(ie the host killing all of the people in the bar because he held a grudge against them from previous stories, where they all killed him).

Delores killing the guy about to rape her was crazy. I cant wait to find out who is really messing with the code, Hopkins seems too convenient

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 09:46 AM)
I understand how some could feel the show is at a lull right now, but i am fascinated by it. They are establishing the different storyies that hosts have experienced and showing how they are starting to recall previous events and have feelings about these events(ie the host killing all of the people in the bar because he held a grudge against them from previous stories, where they all killed him).

Delores killing the guy about to rape her was crazy. I cant wait to find out who is really messing with the code, Hopkins seems too convenient

I guess part of it is, I don't even care about any of the characters. And the stories don't seem that interesting either (yet). But maybe it just isn't for me. I tend to be a sci fi guy though. Just a lot of random s*** that is garbage in isolation and who knows if it means something else. They better get it going fast. I might have two episodes left in me before I quit (and again, I haven't watched the 3rd episode yet).