Your new Supreme Court nominee is....

southsider2k5

I didn't take him to mean attractive sexually, but as in "you're a good witness, you come off well." Still, not a smart use of the word given the proceedings.

edit: i should add I heard it in a car, so maybe I missed out on something else he said that made it sexual.

Edited by Jenksismyhero

Just now, NorthSideSox72 said:

Came in here specifically to point this one out, but someone already did. Could Hatch be any more fucking gross? Attractive? Pleasing? GTFOH with that.

Even if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, that he simply used *extremely* bad word choice here to describe her as a credible witness, it illustrates exactly why the GOP did not want to have a bunch of geriatric white men to be the ones attacking Blasey Ford.

13 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

You're a person who is attacking a rape victim as a means to distract from anything but the issue at hand. You've made that clear. That you insist on still doing that despite multiple people seeing through it speaks volumes.

One rule of Soxtalk:  If you have managed to put me and this guy on the same page, you have achieved something special, and you should probably reexamine your basic assumptions on the underlying topic.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

You're a person who is attacking a rape victim as a means to distract from anything but the issue at hand. You've made that clear. That you insist on still doing that despite multiple people seeing through it speaks volumes.

:lolhitting

I am attacking a rape victim? How? Saying she should have reported seeing people raped? That is a very soft "attack"

And thanks for ignoring my question to you, speaks volumes.  

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

:lolhitting

I am attacking a rape victim? How? Saying she should have reported seeing people raped? That is a very soft "attack"

And thanks for ignoring my question to you, speaks volumes.  

Yes, you're repeatedly attacking her by bringing up what she did or didn't do in the situations she observed prior to being raped herself. That's attacking her. That's tarring her character. There's no reason to bring that up if we're discussing what Brett Kavanaugh is alleged to have done in those instances and others. It's simply to shift the discussion to something you can attack her on.

I'm ignoring your question because it's irrelevant. I'm being very clear about that. I'm not going to shift the discussion to why you think she is "wrong" in an irrelevant side track.

Reading Lindsay Graham's comments, it appears he is starting to think this nomination might not go through. Basically now threatening Dems.  Gorsuch didn't have any sexual assault claims against him. Why can't this guy see Kavanaugh for what he is, and oh yeah, playing fair.....Merrick Garland.

And speaking of Merrick Garland, Sarah Sanders had this to say on Fox and Friends the other day:

The president wants this process to come to a vote because that’s what’s supposed to happen in every single one of these instances where someone is nominated, they go before, they have a hearing, and then the senators vote on it.”

Edited by Dick Allen

7 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Yes, you're repeatedly attacking her by bringing up what she did or didn't do in the situations she observed prior to being raped herself. That's attacking her. That's tarring her character. There's no reason to bring that up if we're discussing what Brett Kavanaugh is alleged to have done in those instances and others. It's simply to shift the discussion to something you can attack her on.

I'm ignoring your question because it's irrelevant. I'm being very clear about that. I'm not going to shift the discussion to why you think she is "wrong" in an irrelevant side track.

That is not attacking her. Asking why someone wouldn't report multiple rapes is not attacking someone no matter what you think.

It is relevant. If someone has seen multiple rapes (and is not a rape victim themselves) and didn't report it, is that okay?

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

That is not attacking her. Asking why someone wouldn't report multiple rapes is not attacking someone no matter what you think.

It is relevant. If someone has seen multiple rapes (and is not a rape victim themselves) and didn't report it, is that okay?

So instead of asking questions like is the testimony credible, could Kavanaugh be the type of person who could commit a crime like this, what do the witnesses say, is there anyway to investigate and corroborate/disprove the claims...  you are hung up on the victims actions... and have no clue why that is a bad thing.

Again, even if you don't realize it, you are framing the victim as having a level of fault here.

The ending of Blasey Ford's questioning was interesting. The hired goon pressed her on whether the five-minute segment structure was the best way or even a common way to investigate these sorts of allegations, and of course Blasey Ford said no. The prosecutor pointed out that the best method is a private one-on-one interview, which would have happened in a legitimate investigation.

Grassley chose this format. Grassley, Trump, and the rest of the GOP refuses to have an actual investigation. I have no idea what that line of questioning was supposed to be.

Edited by StrangeSox

35 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

I didn't take him to mean attractive sexually, but as in "you're a good witness, you come off well." Still, not a smart use of the word given the proceedings.

edit: i should add I heard it in a car, so maybe I missed out on something else he said that made it sexual.

After he said it, he was asked to clarify what he meant by "attractive". He said "in other words, she's pleasing". I'm sorry but that is gross.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So instead of asking questions like is the testimony credible, could Kavanaugh be the type of person who could commit a crime like this, what do the witnesses say, is there anyway to investigate and corroborate/disprove the claims...  you are hung up on the victims actions... and have no clue why that is a bad thing.

Again, even if you don't realize it, you are framing the victim as having a level of fault here.

I am not hung up on anything. I am just talking about the morale dilemma of reporting what you see or ignoring it.

If you knew there were multiple witnesses to seeing a loved one raped I guarantee you would want those people to come forward and report it.

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I am not hung up on anything. I am just talking about the morale dilemma of reporting what you see or ignoring it.

If you knew there were multiple witnesses to seeing a loved one raped I guarantee you would want those people to come forward and report it.

You're insisting on talking about anything but Kavanaugh's alleged sexual assaults and rapes.

The "moral dilemma" you're posing is irrelevant to the topic at hand. If you want to talk about why people may or may not step in in situations like that, the bystander effect, or anything like that, feel free to start another thread. This thread is about accused attempted rapist/actual rapist Brett Kavanaugh and the allegations against him, not what one of the alleged should or shouldn't have done when they saw Kavanaugh lined up for a rape.