2016-17 NHL Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 11:11 AM)
He is going to get fairly equal money where ever he lands because it's an ELC.

So the sell has to be "Look at what Panarin was able to accomplish in his 1st year here. Lets keep the ROY train going here. Even if you are only here for two years, you're going to be playing with top tier talent along side you, so when you're up for a FA deal, you're value is going to be sky high."

Yeah, with equal money, the Hawks have the best case of all to offer.

The Hawks now are so much like what the Red Wings were for so many years, right? It always seemed like the Wings used to get richer all the time, year in and year out, just because everybody wanted to play with them.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
The Hawks now are so much like what the Red Wings were for so many years, right? It always seemed like the Wings used to get richer all the time, year in and year out, just because everybody wanted to play with them.

Totally. They had a core of a few main guys, and they would just pull the rest of the team out of their ass on a regular basis.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 12:48 PM)
I don't really understand hockey drafting why is this guy not forced to play for Buffalo?

Is he slotted on the first line...quite the opportunity.

Links to articles exist for a reason.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 12:48 PM)
I don't really understand hockey drafting why is this guy not forced to play for Buffalo?

Is he slotted on the first line...quite the opportunity.

Hawks have lost a quality guy or two this way as well. It happens.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 12:59 PM)
Pick ups like these are why Bowman and Co deserve 99.9% the benefit of the doubt. Vesey is gonna be a star.

I'm not really in the camp that says he'll be a star, but I think he's a solid 2nd line player out of the box who can play on this team for a long time.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
I'm not really in the camp that says he'll be a star, but I think he's a solid 2nd line player out of the box who can play on this team for a long time.

I don't know anything about the kid other than the press clippings, but if you get a solid 2nd liner out of it, that is all you need as the Hawks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
Vesey will be a Blackhawk. Of that there's little question.

Thank you, Rocky Wirtz, for reviving this once-s*** franchise. The Hawks are a no-brainer choice for a guy like this now.

How can you be so sure? His dad is with the Maple Leaf organization and he said at some point, or said to someone, that he would like to stay on the East Coast.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 04:30 PM)
How can you be so sure? His dad is with the Maple Leaf organization and he said at some point, or said to someone, that he would like to stay on the East Coast.

My guy on the inside says it's all but done.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 11:07 PM)
My guy on the inside says it's all but done.

If true, any chance the 'hawks will be dinged for getting to him without having his negotiating rights? Or did they find backchannels?

https://mobile.twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...147869495992320

Good god.. the Hawks should jump all over this. Even if you don't believe in the offense anymore, he'd probably still be the best 4th line center in the game (though I think he'd still out produce Kruger). His face off numbers are still elite.

Edited by SoxAce

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick Roy suddenly ups and quits as coach and VP of the Avalanche. No word from the team yet.

I'm bummed, he was highly entertaining and it's not like they were getting better under him. Who else will pull a goalie with ten minutes left in the game?!?!?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 07:44 AM)
http://sinbin.vegas/report-name-selected-one-three/

Vegas team apparently down to 3 names for the team. And all of them have Hawks in it.. I would think/hope Rocky gives Bettman a call and says hell to the no with that crap. Hell, one is like a combo of the Red Wings and Blackhawks. :lol: Just awful.

Might as well name themselves the wildcats. Those are like, total middle school mascot names.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 01:55 PM)
Adrian Dater Verified account ‏@adater 2h2 hours ago

Early word I'm hearing is its coming down to Chicago or Toronto for Vesey. We'll see

theScore Verified account ‏@theScore 3h3 hours ago

Jimmy Vesey has reportedly narrowed his list to a half-dozen NHL teams. http://thesco.re/2aZmMT2

Why do I get the feeling he will be one of those that the Hawks swing and miss on getting? They cant always get who they want and it just seems like they are due to miss out.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 11:13 AM)
Why do I get the feeling he will be one of those that the Hawks swing and miss on getting? They cant always get who they want and it just seems like they are due to miss out.

Since money isn't a determining factor, the Hawks have probably the best offer that Vesey can get. You can come here and probably play on the top line with Hossa and Toews, in a team that is always in the Stanley Cup hunt. Look at what that line did for guys like Shaw and Saad. That can be Vesey. Can anyone else offer anything like that? Hell no. Come here, put in your time, and hit the free agent market as a really rich man if you don't like it here.