No Game Tonight

flavum

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Sep 12, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)
Lame. I was planning an early Friday night drinking on my couch. Now I'm going to have to go OUT to drink.

Could always drink while watching Gerrit Cole strike out some cub prospects in Pitt tonight. Its not Sox baseball but its something.

I agree though, this sucks but I understand since the rain will continue into tonight according to weather forecasts. The temp is going to bet rather cold as well. Burr.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Sep 12, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)
Lame. I was planning an early Friday night drinking on my couch. Now I'm going to have to go OUT to drink.

Well that's a pretty piss poor attitude to have towards drinknig for yourself. Do something fun instead!

Activities include:

-Assemlbing furniture

-Disassempling furntiture to re-purpose pieces of furniture for other uses

-Sit in lawn and drink in silence. When people speak to you, do not speak back. Just stare at them.

-Alternatively, you can tell them to get the f*** off your lawn.

-Alternatively to that, you can offer them a beer and make a friend. Unless the person is 12, in which case do not offer them a beer.

-Play fetch with yourself. Throw a tennis ball, go and get it, and then when you fetch it, pat yourself on the head and say "WHO'S A GOOD BOY?" and treat yourself to a drink

-Set up mannequins dressed like clowns all over your living spaces and then dress like one yourself and scare anybody that comes in. Drink while setting up the clowns.

-Watch other stuff on TV

These are just a few different ideas. Come up with your own too!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 12, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
Well that's a pretty piss poor attitude to have towards drinknig for yourself. Do something fun instead!

Activities include:

-Assemlbing furniture

-Sit in lawn and drink in silence. When people speak to you, do not speak back. Just stare at them.

-Alternatively to that, you can offer them a beer and make a friend. Unless the person is 12, in which case do not offer them a beer.

-Play fetch with yourself. Throw a tennis ball, go and get it, and then when you fetch it, pat yourself on the head and say "WHO'S A GOOD BOY?" and treat yourself to a drink

-Set up mannequins dressed like clowns all over your living spaces and then dress like one yourself and scare anybody that comes in. Drink while setting up the clowns.

-Watch other stuff on TV

Is this how you entertain yourself in ND? :D

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 12, 2014 -> 02:11 PM)

-

But only if they're not on your lawn to begin with.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 12, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)

Activities include:

-Assemlbing furniture

-Watch other stuff on TV

I am kind of afraid to know what you are doing to your furniture.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 12, 2014 -> 04:10 PM)
With the weather the past couple of days, this, combined with an early game yesterday and NFL in the evening, it really does feel like fall.

Here in Seattle it's still 75 and sunny (typical summer weather). Even though the days are getting shorter I'm hoping the warm weather lasts well into the fall. El Nino is predicted so that means a wet warm winter for the west coast -- not sure about Chicago but it can't be any worse than last year right Chicagoans? :D

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 12, 2014 -> 06:38 PM)
Well, technically speaking, the Tigers were 12th in line. The BoSox, A's and the 15 NL teams never had a chance.

He has just about single-handedly killed the Indians' chances this year...had a three run gw homer last week when it seemed cle and det would split 2-2

Hosmer with 7th homer makes it 3-2 boston but Red Sox threatening again

Another bad error by moustakas leads to two runs scoring...bad reaction by Escobar leads to yet another

Edited by caulfield12