Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. That's a season stats and likely skewed if whatever stat you are using didn't account for games started by openers. This is a short series where guys like Kay will pitch in relief if they need him to and the first game is vitally important in a 3 game series. ANd their game 1 starter is an opener too so he isn't going long. So that leaves game 2 and possibly a game 3.
  3. Ozzie said something in one of the final pre/post game shows...along the lines of the past few years, he wasn't a Sox fan (I take this as him being dramatic about how pathetic those teams were). But this season is obviously different. This season, he said, he's not a fan of the Sox but he's a fan of these guys. Or something like that, it's hard to parse Ozz-ese. I agree with the sentiment though. I root for Sox players because I'm a Sox fan, but the 2026 team is filled with players I want to root for who just so happen to be White Sox. Reminds me more of the Sox teams when I was a kid in the mid-late 90s and early 00s.
  4. You guys calling for Meidroth at SS would be up in arms the first time a ball Colson gets to goes through.
  5. Good point that his last handful of games he was probably playing hurt. I had forgotten about that.
  6. Peters hasnt been right since he ran into the wall. I have much more faith in him turning it around than Colson has been abysmal for months now. He really shouldnt be in the starting lineup.
  7. Don't like Meidroth that low but its understandable if by the time he bats it could be a LH RP in there. Peters, Braden & Benintendi better make me eat my words and crush the RH SP. I just rather have one of our best hitters period nearer the top or middle . Guess they felt they had to go with Montgomery but don't like that either .Their 2 best September hitters by OPS are on the bench Grichuk and Doyle. They have to out homer the Astros in their own park.
  8. I notice that Blubaugh had reverse splits this season, so that must be part of what the Astros are thinking about with him starting the game. Of course, Hagen also has reverse splits (which is technically good for this lineup) but I don't really believe that will be true in the long run.
  9. Only a 3-game series. More likely to use Pham than your lowest bullpen arm
  10. Love the lineup. I believe this is the 1st time Colson has been in the 9 spot all year too.
  11. There's one regular on the Sox roster who Colson out-hit in the final two weeks of the season: Tristan Peters
  12. He then proceeded to hit a massive homer but the bullpen blew it.
  13. Richards pitched 3.1 inning in the last game of the season so likely wasnt available the 1st 2 games of the WC series anyway. Plus Brazoban is back so he's on it. Schultz too and if they use Kay at all it will be in the pen considering he pitched 5 innings in the last game of the season.
  14. i'm so darn nervous that I may be pulling out the Macallan in the daytime, which I very rarely do.
  15. The idea of Pham cornering people in elevators is still interesting. I wonder if he cornered other people before he got to Getz 🤔
  16. They don't have Leasure and Dominquez any more. So that accounts for 8 of the blown saves. Taylor has 6. That's how.
  17. Maybe if this was 2022 or 2023 not 2026….hell if we are going off postseason experience Castillo and his previous 2.25 ERA over the course of time should be considered for a roster spot and we can turn a blind eye to his recent pitching issues. I just think Pham is washed. If you want him providing value make him some sort of coach instead of taking a spot away from an already taxed bullpen.
  18. We will see what the owners do to the salary cap and free agency market, and how much collusion they decide on in its aftermath. If 1994-5 is any indication, the Sox might actually be able to hit the discount bin pretty hard if they eliminate the high end spending of teams like LAD and NYM.
  19. Kinda suprised they went with 12 pitchers and kept Pham. Maybe Pham cornered Getz in the elevator again. That said, no big loss not having Richards and they probably feel in a short series all hands on deck it's better to have another PH option than a strictly mopup guy, as if it gets bad either way someone else will eat the innings, maybe even Davis.
  20. No. Still fiesty!
  21. The Sox needs are obvious and it is going to cost money (Sorry JR): Pitching, pitching and still more pitching. You want to get to the next level? Going to be difficult if you continue to use "openers" 30-40 times a season.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.