All Activity
Past hour
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
I think we're going to the ALCS. I'm basing this purely off vibes. Plus, there are 12 teams in the playoffs. We have to beat the 12th seed and the 10th seed (based off regular season wins). We can do it.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
I think Hagen's College World Series work would help him today.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
This is certainly the place to be for Sox talk. Nice post. I tried reddit out... it's fun sometimes but not for GDTs. I quickly realized that when I was downvoted into oblivion for pointing out that JR has a hair length rule and more than likely made Castillo cut his hair. "He cut it for a fresh start", "You're an idiot", got downvoted into oblivion and trolled with a "reddit cares" for my effort. Like... guys like Castillo grow VERY attached to their hair, literally and figuratively. I highly doubt he would cut off his years of hair "for a fresh start". But I am the idiot, I guess. I'll say this, it sure seems like he has loosened up the hair length standard more now. I see way more guys with buns on the Sox and "sort of" long hair like Vargas, Mune and Chase. JR 20 years ago would have had them all cut that s%*# down sadly.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
This is where I am. Meidroth has been one of the Sox best 2nd half hitter and that stadium is built for his power. Can't play Colson, he's been terrible and extra terrible against RHP. Stick Grichuk in LF , Meidroth at SS and Antonacci at 2nd base. Their LH RP aren't that good so just start Grichuk.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Houston is starting a rookie too. But he has pitched more in the majors than Hagen. Blubaugh is doubtful for more than 30 pitches. Probably about the same for Hagen.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Hagen Smith starting. Maybe Fedde or Davis Martin after him.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
If they aren't going to start Colson against a lefty I'd still rather see Meidroth at SS and Sam at 2nd Base. Keep Acuna on the bench for late pinch running duties.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Jeremy Pena is outright awful vs anything not a fastball. Hopefully the Sox pitch him accordingly VS FB: .340avg (.534 xSLG) VS BRK: .185avg (.298 xSLG) VS O/S: .232avg (.374 xSLG) Isaac Paredes also sucks against breaking balls VS FB: .289avg (xSLG .409) VS BRK: .199 avg (xSLG .316) VS O/S: .280avg (xSLG .341)- Wild Card Round Discussion
We need to will a series win into existence. You must be pretty busy. I think you'd be normally be all over this playoff series. It is tough to make the lineup . Do you do matchup or go with our 2 hottest OPS guys for September in Grichuk and Doyle. Because of them the Sox got much better against LHP and because of the Colson slump against both hande Peters was bad in September and July but scorching hot in August. He seems beat up. Got hit by pitches a lot in September but overall his 2nd half has been underwhelming So very hard to say don't use Grichuk or Doyle even against RHP. So i wouldn't hesitate to get him out of the game and I wouldn't bat him 6th. Bottom of the order. Meidroth has had a really good 2nd half. One of our best OPS guys . I'd keep him near the top of the lineup against all pitchers. No way I bat him 8th. I want our best hitters near the top or middle of the lineup getting as many AB as possible. He shouldn't hitting 8th. Teel is showing good signs of life especially in the last week and his OBP has been outstanding in the 20 games he played in September. He also hit 3 HR in those 20 games. Pham made the playoff roster because Houston has a lot of LH Relief pitching Colson terrible in September and the 2nd half. I'd start Meidroth at SS . You have too. Antonacci at 2nd and Grichuk in LF . Game 1 is a BP game for the Stros starting RHP Blubaugh so after that maybe the have a bulk innings LHP. Their LH relief pitchers are Josh Hendrickson a 29 YO Aussie called up at the end of the season only 2.2 IP. Bryan King isn't very good . Neither is Bennett Sousa and that's it besides Hader for LH RP. Need to hit Blubaugh hard and start the game hot.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Am I the only one who thinks if Sox are facing a lefty; that, straight up, Acuna should be playing over Colson? Colson in his present mental state (and I do think most of it is mental) just is bad right now, both defensively and offensively. Acuna, not great, is clearly less bad than Colson right now against lefties, clearly the better choice. Sox can appease and pacify Colson’s hurt ego over the winter as they try to fix him; but for now, let’s do everything possible to win this series.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
I expect Peters and Antonacci to see a lot of breaking balls away this series- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
We need guys with postseason experience, even if he is a glorified babysitter. But I do think he's a nice bat off the bench.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
The dissenting view “The Astros have so much more postseason experience and the bigger names (Yordan Alvarez, Jose Altuve, Jeremy Peña), but when there's no clear favorite, go with the hungry young team that has enough talent and vibes to do damage and surprise.” -- Jason Catania, supervising editor -- breaking news @ mlb.com- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
It was a good season. Being that they made the playoffs ahead of time for me whatever happens happens. I feel if they hit like they can they can compete. The pitching is worrisome. Hoping for the best. I'll most likely be right here with you guys. Can't watch anywhere so you guys will be my company- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Poor Drew Romo. He's the team mascot. Will be bad for morale.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
White Sox The best answer would be: Why not? Most people thought reaching .500 would be a great 2026 accomplishment for this young team coming off three straight seasons of 100-plus losses. But there they were on Sept. 24, celebrating a playoff-clinching victory in Kansas City. This team is fearless, as general manager Chris Getz has said many times. This team plays all 27 outs with high intensity, and this team has believed they were good long before anyone else felt the same. Getting more than a few home runs from Miguel Vargas, Munetaka Murakami and Colson Montgomery, who all topped 30 in the regular season, won’t hurt the cause, nor will the starting rotation giving the top-notch bullpen room to maneuver. People not believing in the White Sox, though, is nothing unusual and won't slow down the South Siders. -- Scott Merkin mlb.com- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Don't need the full compliment of pitchers for a 3-gamer. Some teams would be leaving off starters, but the Sox have some more trust in those guys which is understandable. My read of Houston's lineup is that it's very right-handed and they aren't likely to be doing a lot of pinch hitting to match up. That makes managing the pitching easier too. Pham buys the Sox another opportunity to pinch hit when needed. Luisangel on the other hand is a skeleton key that can both buy you a very fast runner when you may need it as well as making it far less likely that you accidentally pinch hit yourself into not being able to field a major league defense.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Yep he will the 2nd righty off the bench to pinch hit against a lefty after Grichuk- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
He's not gonna start unless the Astros throw a lefty starter. They don't have any of those.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Problem is Will won’t be able to stop himself from starting him throughout the series- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Schultz's role now- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
I think even in the ALDS you can get by with 12 pitchers. There are off days after games 1, 2, and 4 for the AL this year so even if it goes to 5 games you can still use your games 1 and 2 starters on full rest in games 4 and 5.- “The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Same thing with KC...always show downtown, Country Club Plaza, fountains, BBQ places etc.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Would have kept another pitcher like Richards in case of a blow out loss to try to save the rest of the pen - WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread