White Sox vs. Angels, 5/6/07 (W)

Capn12

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:30 PM)
Now Buehrle can't find the zone. WOOT!

God I wish I had some Sunshine.

Good pitch Buehrle

30 pitches this inning, 70 for the game....although I guess it doesn't matter, the offense can't score either 1 or 2 runs against Colon.

Wow, the Angels bring up Aybar and he plays like he belongs, at another position. They have 3 shortstops, we don't even have much of ONE.

Edited by caulfield12

Any chance the Mods can get KW to Soxtalk for a Q&A session like they do with prospects. Here's my first question:

Bull: We played homerun derby in the second half of 2006 and got crushed. Yet you did not improve the offense. Kenny Williams, what were you thinking?

KW: *Silence

Bull: Your big offensive acquisition for 2007 was a guy that pretty much did not play in 2006. Was there not any change left in the couch cushions at the Cell this off season to sign a real player to help the team?

Erstad has been an offensive upgrade over Anderson.

I imagine Hall healthy would be an offensive upgrade over Widger/Alomar.

Pods was playing better this year than 2006.

Uribe is better this year than 2006.

So how is it KW's fault that Konerko, Dye, Iguchi and Crede aren't hitting? Was he supposed to trade all 4 of them and bring someone else in?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 6, 2007 -> 08:35 PM)
You really can't even say anything about this offense right now. Every possibly insult/comment/criticism has been used in the last 2-3 weeks.

At least we're relying on a slugger to return from a rib cage injury and making no other adjustments to our roster at all! The worst thing that could happen is if we keep this s***ty roster together, and we're only 8 games out at the deadline and don't become sellers. The Indians and Tigers are so much better than the Sox this year.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
Any chance the Mods can get KW to Soxtalk for a Q&A session like they do with prospects. Here's my first question:

Bull: We played homerun derby in the second half of 2006 and got crushed. Yet you did not improve the offense. Kenny Williams, what were you thinking?

Bull: Your big offensive acquisition for 2007 was a guy that pretty much did not play in 2006. Was there not any change left in the couch cushions at the Cell this off season to sign a real player to help the team?

A Crede pop-up...wow, wish I had a dollar for every time I've seen that this year.

Colon at a whopping 52 pitches. Who'd a thought he would be more efficient than Buehrle?

We are absolutely dead in the water, with the exception of Erstad. It feels like the Titanic after hitting that iceberg.

Nobody can even stand to watch or argue about Erstad and Anderson anymore.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)

So how is it KW's fault that Konerko, Dye, Iguchi and Crede aren't hitting? Was he supposed to trade all 4 of them and bring someone else in?

Wait, how is Uribe better than in 2006?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 6, 2007 -> 08:36 PM)

He should have tried to add more speed and youth to this aging lineup, especially improving their lineup against LHP. Has Uribe really been that much better than last year? Maybe I'm just forgetting how much we sucked last year. At least when Hall returns, we can put him at 1b.

Uribe 2006: .235/.257/.441

Uribe 2007: .224/.299/.408

s*** is still s***. The guy can't hit and he shouldn't be on a major league team.

But with that said, we have no backups who can either.

More failure on KW.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)
Joe Crede with his 1,000,000th pop up of the season!

I still think Crede is gone at trade deadline regardless of record!

with the way we're hitting and the score being 2-0, its over. we cant even smell colon (no pun intended)

this will be just another quality start for buehrle, but the final will be 4-0 anaheim.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 6, 2007 -> 08:38 PM)
Uribe 2006: .235/.257/.441

Uribe 2007: .224/.299/.408

s*** is still s***. The guy can't hit and he shouldn't be on a major league team.

But with that said, we have no backups who can either.

More failure on KW.

Uribe would be a great utility player.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)

You can argue that AJ, Iguchi and Dye are all getting older, but Konerko and Crede?

I don't think anyone saw both of those guys going in the tank simultaneously.

Willits is the player that I hope Sweeney can become...although Ryan will never be as fast, hopefully his gap and eventually HR power will make up for it.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:40 PM)
You can argue that AJ, Iguchi and Dye are all getting older, but Konerko and Crede?

You can argue that we're all getting older :P

Just playing.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:39 PM)
Tito, what is that awful avatar?

Brian Anderson.