Everything posted by Baseball Gal
-
June 7th. BoSox vs Crochet. Streak-Ender.
- 6/7 Games
- 6/7 Games
Damn, Eder was making a lot of progress. This sucks.- June 7th. BoSox vs Crochet. Streak-Ender.
I was not listening but omfg if he really did that- June 7th. BoSox vs Crochet. Streak-Ender.
What Crochet is doing this year is what I envisioned when they drafted him. Just pure filth.- White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert
Getz is going to have the same constraints as Hahn did. Nothing over $75M guaranteed.- White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert
They also had the luxury of drafting highly in consecutive seasons and they already had a good farm and had been bad for a while by then. Same with the 2013 Astros. That rebuild started in 2009 and it took them until 2015 to win 85 games. Those teams had more to work with when they were horrible.- White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert
Great post.- White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert
I think thinking they can get to fewer than 85 losses by 2027 is delusional. That's at least a 30 win improvement from now. Just to get to 85 losses. Also anyone rebuilding realizes this is a 5-6 year job. They move Robert and Crochet and they need to fill literally every position on the 26 man roster. They have NOTHING right now. Even if they keep Robert/Crochet they still need to fill 8/9 of the lineup and 4/5 of a rotation, not to mention the entire bullpen.- White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert
Do you think they have any shot of competing between now and 2027? They're not going to supplement Robert/Crochet either.- White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert
Y'all are taking the wrong lesson from the failed 2016-17 rebuild. They are competitive faster trading Robert and Crochet than keeping them.- White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert
Yeah this season is so bad that you almost have to fire Getz and Grifol for optics.- White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert
This is exactly what the guy I'm arguing with is advocating. It's so unrealistic pie in the sky la la land stuff.- White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert
I know.- White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert
I was just arguing with someone on a different Sox board who said the Sox should be able to win 81 games in 2025. They must be smoking some good s%*# lol.- 6/6 Games
Iriarte has been struggling recently after his hot start. Hopefully he can right the ship soon.- Padres into Garret Crochet
Best we can hope for under JR is a rando one year division title and a quick playoff exit.- Padres into Garret Crochet
It would probably take 5/90 and I'm not comfortable based on half a season. As much as l am a fan of GC.- BA updated Top 100, Noah Schultz checks in at #9
I had no idea about that. He hit like .220 in AA. Are we at the point where 2012 Dunn is acceptable for an entire lineup? Who cares if the guy rarely gets a hit as long as it's a 2B or HR. Yeah, hit .205 all ya want if it comes with 40 HR and a bunch of walks. I'm as advanced stat heavy as anyone but hitting under .230 offends my baseball sensibilities.- BA updated Top 100, Noah Schultz checks in at #9
He had like 1/3 of a season in AA last year. Did not do well.- Padres into Garret Crochet
Why would Crochet extend this close to FA?- 6/5 Games
Ye olde platinum sombrero- Padres into Garret Crochet
I think Thorpe is a complete wild card. He's either going to be a solid 3 or cannon fodder.- Baseball fans have a chance to do the funniest thing...