Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baseball Gal

Members

Everything posted by Baseball Gal

  1. Balta explained why fangraphs overrates his 2023, but nobody wants to listen.
  2. They're getting a price for 2023 Cease not 2022 Cease. Nobody is paying 2022 prices because he had his worst year since he was a rookie instead of backing up his 2022 with another CY caliber season. I mean really, he's only had one good year. His 2021 and 2023 are Javy Vazquez esque.
  3. Maybe one back end T100, an interesting guy and a couple lotto ticket players. So, like Ortiz would be the best player coming back from the Orioles.
  4. Yeah, 2 years isn't controllable. It's a rental.
  5. This is a fireable offense for Poles. Eberflus has to go.
  6. This this this. The days of getting a deal even as good as Sale or Eaton in terms of at the moment prospect capital are over.
  7. The good die young, but pricks live forever-Lewis Black
  8. Expecting Cease to start OD for the Sox at this point. Suitors are dropping like flies.
  9. Can someone turn this into Getz?
  10. It really doesn't matter, as anti-trust laws have been mostly ignored for the last 45 years.
  11. Nobody is expecting teams to not go through rough stretches, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask them to do everything possible to maximize a competitive window. Those last 3-5 years. And also, if the players they've signed are still good they can salary dump them for nothing but payroll relief if necessary. In the current model, I think that fans of smaller market teams would be fine with some lean years in return for a 3-5 year window where ownership does everything possible to try to win a championship. The contracts don't exist in a vacuum, they can be dumped if necessary to another team trying to win. Like the Sox window ended, but if they would have signed Harper in 2019 like they should have, I don't think they'd have an issue dumping that contract if things went south like they ended up doing.
  12. Also since we're all White Sox fans, i suggest we read this book. I haven't read it yet but I want to, hopefully I can find it at a library. https://beltpublishing.com/products/rethinking-fandom-how-to-beat-the-sports-industrial-complex-at-its-own-game Imagine how it would break sports if fans all collectively decided to root for the name on the back of the jersey instead of the name on the front.
  13. Yes I have taken a course in economics, but I don't believe that's how the world actually works. I think conventional economics is a lie. The actual way things work is very different. https://pitchforkeconomics.com/episode/is-econ-101-a-lie/] This is a venture capitalist, straight up telling you that it's all a scam.
  14. This is something that is going to erode regional fandom over time, but I think those revenue streams could be recreated by offering a 30 team package on one exclusive platform, like NFL Sunday ticket on Youtube. I'm sure AppleTV would pay a ton of money to offer one team or league packages, outside of the national games. Also, I think that the loss of regional team money will be made up for by legalized gambling.
  15. I think that even with the amount they're spending, the Dodgers are raking in massive profits and the teams that don't spend like that are profiting even more. I think there are certain ownership groups that don't give a rat's ass about winning and are content taking their dividend from their share of the team at the end of each season. Instead of punishing teams for spending money, let's punish them for not spending a certain amount.
  16. As the saying goes, if you want to play, you have to pay. If you can't handle a fire, get out of the kitchen.
  17. I don't make money on my hobbies. Do you? They're net negative cashflow. Sports teams are a hobby for billionaires and they should be expected to run at a loss. They're not like regular businesses. If an owner isn't in it to win championships every year then they need to sell. I want owners that are in for a short time and willing to sacrifice a sizeable portion of their fortune to win a championship, and if they can't do it, sell to someone else willing to do the same.
  18. The issue is that the MLBPA is misguided and only cares about the contracts for the Ohtani, Trout and Harper type players and not the majority of their union. They have shown repeatedly that they're willing to sell out the young players and minor leaguers in order for the top 10 players to get 400+M contracts.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.