Everything posted by Baseball Gal
-
ST Thread
What in the hell is Sheets doing in RF?
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
I don't want to get into an economics argument. I'm going to peace out.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
I understand this sentiment, but I drew the line years ago. I don't want the Bears to get any tax breaks or public money either. I'm in my late 30s, the line was drawn for me over a decade ago and every time someone somewhere caves I yell at my tv. The Raiders shouldn't have gotten a dime, and neither should the Marlins or A's or any other team I don't care what sport or what city. Part of owning a sports franchise should be the understanding that if you want a new stadium it's up to you to pay for it. I was pissed when Amazon pulled their shenanigans as well.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
No business should ever get a tax break for anything ever. Tax breaks should go to the people who actually need it, not those who don't. Pay your fucking taxes you greedy pricks.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
I'm a Sox fan, but I do not want any billionaires getting a dime of public money for stadiums. They can finance them themselves or go pound sand. I'd rather they move than make us pay for it. It's infuriating when companies do it, but its unconscionable when sports owners do it. GRF is still not paid off. No owner should get a dime of public money for a stadium from anyone, anywhere. Pritzker was just talking about eliminating $1B in medical debt for Illinoisians and that is a MUCH better use of that money.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
I listened to Lawrence Holmes talk about this and idk what the complaints about his rant are. Nothing he said was wrong.
-
2/23/24 Game Thread White Sox at Chicago N. L. 2:05PM CST; TV: NBCSCH, Radio: ESPN1000
- 2/23/24 Game Thread White Sox at Chicago N. L. 2:05PM CST; TV: NBCSCH, Radio: ESPN1000
Lol- 2/23/24 Game Thread White Sox at Chicago N. L. 2:05PM CST; TV: NBCSCH, Radio: ESPN1000
I have a feeling we're going to be watching a hell of a lot of 1-2-3 innings this year- 2/23/24 Game Thread White Sox at Chicago N. L. 2:05PM CST; TV: NBCSCH, Radio: ESPN1000
Pillar K DeJong groundout Vaughn flyout- Nike Fanatics Jerseys
- 2/23/24 Game Thread White Sox at Chicago N. L. 2:05PM CST; TV: NBCSCH, Radio: ESPN1000
Anyone have the scheduled pitchers?- ST Thread
Ya gotta admit though, this is better than winning 85 games and missing out on the playoffs and impact talent in the draft. (obviously a lot depends on them NOT picking busts)- Sox looking at building in South Loop
I hate the Sox because of the way they operate. If Jerry would have done this the right way 35 years ago and built Camden Yards on the 78 site, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. It's his job to fix this. This is his f*** up. I had accepted the way the Sox operate until they told me as a fan that things would be different during the 2016-2017 rebuild. They lied, and betrayed the fans. f*** them. Also there is no organization that has as much contempt for its own fanbase than the White Sox.- Sox looking at building in South Loop
Bye Jerry. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.- I love the White Sox team this year! I'm excited to be a fan of it.
How much did the Sox actually cut in payroll this winter? $30M?- ST Thread
- ST Thread
- Sox Sign Mike Moustakas
Sox are beyond overdue for a season where a lot of things go right. Last one was 2012.- ST Thread
Not just this one, but the last few in general.- ST Thread
I don't blame anyone for thinking that nothing has changed until proven otherwise.- 2024 - MLB Draft Thread
Not that I think he's in play for the Sox pick, but it would be hilarious if the Sox drafted Mike Sirota At that point we'd have had a Mike: Sirotka, Soroka and Sirota- Grifol's pre-season opening thoughts...
- 2/23/24 Game Thread White Sox at Chicago N. L. 2:05PM CST; TV: NBCSCH, Radio: ESPN1000
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.