Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baseball Gal

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Baseball Gal

  1. Until I see the books, yes. If they're going to be secretive about how much they're making I'm going to assume they're hiding massive profits like those with bank accounts in the Cayman Islands and such.
  2. The Rays do and it works for them. If these teams are going to be cheap they need to use the Rays as a model. Never trade prospects, keep trading vets in arb 2 or arb 3 for prospects. As long as the players are paid much less than vets then this is how it's going to work. Leave the vets for the Dodgers/NY teams.
  3. I wouldn't mind a cap and floor system as long as it's like the NFL where the floor is like 88% of the cap. The NFL is king because all revenue is league revenue and it gets split evenly amongst the 32 teams. I have no clue why every sports league isn't run this way.
  4. No, I think you don't understand how things work.
  5. There are multiple people that work as baseball writers, that say that owners are being cheap and raking in massive profits. If I can find more legit writers that agree, I'll present my evidence. It was all over twitter when Ohtani signed.
  6. They're going to trade Santander et al and keep the prospects.
  7. It's just something I agree with. You have prominent baseball writers telling you that it's just owners being cheap.
  8. Ok, they should open the books to the players and prove it then. BTW, I'm not expecting the smaller market teams to spend like the Dodgers on a regular basis, but rather be willing to exceed the luxury tax during a competitive window
  9. The Brewers owner can sell to someone who is willing to with a really nice ROI
  10. Blame the owners. 28 owners are ruining baseball. Cohen and the Dodgers group are the only ones doing it the right way.
  11. Was this supposed to fool people into thinking they traded Moncada?
  12. I'm fine taking risks, but a pitcher coming off that surgery seems like a bad bet.
  13. He had capsule surgery, the same one that killed John Danks and Johan Santana's careers. I'd stay far away from a pitcher coming off that surgery.
  14. I'd rather keep him and hope he puts a good season together and move him at the deadline than trade him for a bag of heavily used baseballs.
  15. Fields isn't the guy, but this QB class seems especially weak.
  16. It would function exactly as the NHL and NBA do. Stars would get paid and the middle class would shrink. Oh hey, that's no different than MLB right now.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.