Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Guys if Ozzie was the GM I would be crying. The guy is a no talent ass clown when it comes to a lot of things. In fact I have absolutely zero faith in his talent evaluation. The only thing I have faith in when it comes to Ozzie is a motivation/leadership factor. His managerial skills are lousy (so are Dusty Baker's) but if he can make it up in the leadership/getting the best out of your players then it will work out fine. However, you ever hear this guy talk about players? If it were up to him we'd have 9 ozzies in the field and one in the dugout managing and this would be the most god awful team in the history of baseball.
  2. I'll second that. I still say the numbers were drastically inflated by the fact the Sox have tons of power hitters and they had a horrible staff/bullpen in terms of giving up the long ball.
  3. Interesting...seems like those dollar figures and years would get it done. I wonder what moves follow this cause I would like that rotation without any more moves but the bullpen dillema still needs to be answered. Monetarily it seems a little steep, but like I said, if he's healthy for the tenure, he's a great deal. You also have to like the fact that he doesn't give up many homers.
  4. The catch is instead of the Cubs picking up any of his contract they give the Sox a great pitcher. They wouldn't pay the Sox to get rid of him and then give the Sox a good pitcher. Regardless none of this is going to happen. I just know the only way I'd accept Sosa on this team would be if the Cubs paid all of his contract and the Sox gave up a mid level prospect or if the Cubs gave the Sox something worthwhile like Zambrono.
  5. Supposedly the Sox and Tribe are looking at a lot of the same pitchers. When it comes to Clement the Sox would likely get him if they offered something close to what the tribe is. The question is do they really want him or is it just a backup plan if they don't get the guy they really want. Cause I'm guessing Clement won't make it past Dec 7th, but either way I figure the Cubs offer him arb.
  6. After Bradley's latest incident he'd be available pretty cheap, especially if the rumors are true that a package with Rhodes and some others could land him (that would be a deal with the Pirates). I'll say this, Bradley the player would be an awesome fit in this lineup. Bradley the person would not and I don't know whether it would be worth it. Tracy didn't seem to have much of a problem with him and he played hard for the most part in LA. He talks about how he wants to get rid of his old image though so their are signs for improvement, but then he went out and pulled his latest stunt.
  7. I wonder if its a true 3 year deal or some sort of optoin type stuff. I think 5 mill could be a bargain for him if he's healthy. As long as Jaret Wright is healthy I think he's a front of the rotation top pitcher, not necessarily a #1 but right up their and at 5 mill a yera that would be a bargain. The major question is the heatlh cause if he does go down your no stuck for a couple years.
  8. They could deal him because they need power hitting and have Pierre and LoDuca pencilled in at the top of the order. I could see Castillo being available. However, if I were the Sox I wouldn't give them Lee or Konerko for Castillo straight up, as I'd be interested in picking up Mota as well. The problem is I don't know how willing the Marlins would be to do that now that they lost Benitez cause I'm assuming Mota is now going to be their closer.
  9. Sox get one of their aces and Sosa in exchange for PK or Lee and call it a deal Cubs get rid of a horrible contract, but in return give the Sox something they could use...an ACE.
  10. Welcome aboard Heath.
  11. Thats what gets me. The dollar figure makes sense and the contracts seem fair in regards to Wright and Dye's seems reasonable, although a little expensive (not much though as I figure 3-4 mill would be about right for Dye). Then you have to ask yourself would Florida deal Castillo for Lee...YES and it fills a need of power hitting. Would Mil consider dealing Pos for Anderson, I'd say their is a good shot at it. Especially since Florida is helping out too.
  12. Jim I for one know you wouldn't make stuff up and think you are one of the most credible posters here. You've earned that credibility and I think most everyone knows that. Don't let a few remarks sway ya I apprecaite it, by the way, just saw the PM from like two days ago in regards to Levine. Thanks for doing that
  13. Welcome Aboard
  14. Jim Thanks for that explanation and thanks for posting this stuff. I think this all makes sense. I also could see the Score downplaying this cause I'm sure they talked with Kenny or someone else in the organization who downplayed it since the Sox are trying their darnest to stay quiet. As far as the other two stories go, we'll have to wait and see I guess. Sounds like they are rumors (like you just said) and who knows what names would be mentioned. I will say this, Lee going to Florida would make a hell of a lot of sense considering they could use a power hitter (of course I'd rather see Konerko go) and Anderson for Posednik also makes quite a bit of sense from the Brewers standpoint. That gives the Sox a complete outfield with Posednik probably playing in LF, Dye in RF, and Rowand in CF. The Sox rotation looks a whole lot better then the one at the start of last season and it leaves the Sox with one weakness offensively....catching, while giving the Sox an oustanding top of the order. The other weakness would be the pen. Financially the Sox would be adding Wrights salary (5 million), Dye's (4 mill), Posednik's (400 K last year), and Castillo's (5 mill...estimate, don't know what it is for this upcoming year). Minus Lee's 8 million and the Sox are adding 6-8 million depending on the raises the players are due. Meaning they have plenty of room to address the bullpen. Thats a total of 91 stolen bases being added to the Sox between Castillo and Posednik. Thats not accounting for the ones lost with Harris moving to the bench and of course Lee's steals. The one thing the Sox lose is a really good 3 hole hitter, but at the same time with Posednik and Castillo the top of the order is settled and Rowand can move down in the lineup to a run producing slot while Dye would also be their was well, meaning catcher and Crede are the two major weaknesses. Plus you have Everett and Gload on the bench as well as Willie. Which I would say is a strong bench. I'd really be excited if the Sox could work a way to get Mota and Castillo for Lee and then Posednik for Anderson would be fine (would rather give up less, but at teh same time, he does anything near what he did two years ago, mixed with his 70 steals of this season) and its more then worth it.
  15. Only thing I'm gonna comment on this is don't annoit Anderson a stun yet. WhiteSox.com may label him a stud and really talk him up but I don't buy into that. Anderson has the tools, but he still has a lot of areas to improve upon and is not as close to the majors as some writers would lead you to believe, imo.
  16. From what I understand, NOTHING. Kenny and Kelly were getting along at ST, unless something happened after I was there. However, he was unable to pitch on back to back days, in fact he couldn't really pitch more then two times a week and their is no reason to have that in your pen. He wasn't healthy...trust me when I say that and Steff will verify it cause she heard the same thing.
  17. Remember it was posted 8 minutes ago on WhiteSox.com but I guess this guy posted it first on CBS sportsline and I'm guessing it happened more then 8 minutes before.
  18. Just look at all the posts in the thread when the Sox signed Walker. I still think this is going to be an exciting off-season. Were all anxious
  19. Well when the White Sox acquired Bartolo Colon they also quickly jumped in and signed Tom Gordon and another pitcher, I think it was the bouncer Rick White, but not positive on that. It was all on the same day cause I remember writing stories on FS in regards to them. On a sidenote, the more I think about it, the more this isn't happening. On paper it betters the team, even if they are giving up a little much for Lee. Anyway, I would love to see that Wright and Dye part come true cause I think both would be great additions. Plus with them two on board, the Sox now have all the flexibility they need to work out another deal invovling either Garland or Konerko/Lee. Just add Dustin Hermanson to this cause I think he'd be a nice pickup out of the pen.
  20. I'd sya the Cards would be a good fit for him. I also figure Anaheim will have some interest. I wish him the best, he's a quality guy, but he isn't going to be on the Sox again.
  21. Well read the thread. I can only hope it would be true. All the stuff seems reasonable. Lee and Anderson seems steep for Posednik and Castillo, but at the same time that gives the Sox a lethal 1-2 punch in the lineup and an outfield of Dye/Posednik/Rowand would be A-OK with me. The Wright deal sounded fantastic too. The thing is, all of that stuff seems reasonable. Man I hope we all just missed it. Hell, first off I am hoping for the Wright deal, but still this would be all happening really quickly.
  22. Please tell me this is true. Haven't read any of the thread yet for confirmation, but OH MY this would be awesome.
  23. But Wilson did give a great boost to my LEAGUE WINNING fantasy team
  24. Chisoxfn replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    XM Radio or money for my trip to Chicago for fest (The one that is also a walkman) - May just have to wait till my bday though Clothes Video Game
  25. Outstanding news. Tyrone was a failure at ND, an absolute failure. The recruiting crops continued to get worse and his schemes weren't working. The team was getting blown out and it just wasn't cutting it. I'm not talking about Tyrone the person, no doubt he's a great guy, but he's going to go back to the west coast, pick up a job their and do a good job. Him and Notre Dame didn't gel and he struggled recruiting in the midwest. I'm on the Urban Meyer or Butch Davis bandwagon. Both have outstanding offensive track records and while Urban is an up and comer with ND ties, Butch is a proven college coach who failed in the NFL and has experience recruiting at a big school. Both would be major upgrades, imo.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.