Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Chisoxfn replied to YASNY's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Holy s***. I was always a Cammy fan back in his days with the Padres. It was tough how he had to go through the substance abuse stuff as well as Cokaine. I gotta say this came out of absolutely nowhere. RIP.
  2. Chisoxfn replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    Probably two of which are tv's, then of cousre you couch and bed Hey, thats all you need, along with a nice cute girl
  3. Wow, this comes as a shocker. I thought he was in excellent shape, minus the paralysis and that he would one day walk again. Thats really sad. RIP
  4. Imo, but if the Sox deal Paul Konerko, they shouldn't even worry about things. Ross Gload showed me enough in 2004 to prove that he is fully capable of handling the position and deserves an opportunity at that position. I'd also give Carl Everett a first base mitt and give him time over their at spring training and if I'd sign a backup it would be a guy like Randall Simon who would be happy to backup and would come very very cheaply. Just my humble opinion cause I'd really like to see Gload get playing time next year and lots of it.
  5. Chisoxfn replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    Live with the fam. May move out at the end of the year and get a pad with some buddies. Then again, I really love free rent and the fact that not paying for rent means I can take more time off work and have pretty much extra money to do things.
  6. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    No, I think the guy is a grade A jag bag. I'm not one to get angry, but with a guy like that pitching, I'd at the very least be tempted to swing and miss and let the bat slip out of my hands. The guy flat out shows up his opponents. I love the fact he has heart and is into the games, but I don't like the way he does it at times. He cracks me up though when he's on the mound.
  7. Yes, its true Gload is their as a backup, but it also seems that the White Sox are very happy with Konerko. I think one thing in regards to Konerko is, he has the opportunity to be the "face" of the franchise. Frank Thomas is still probably the face of the franchise, but those days are numbered. Paulie is a likeable player who if he puts up similar production to this year could really be a guy that Sox could market around. Having him, having the latin players like Garcia, Uribe, etc, and then Shingo (the asian) it could really give the team different faces for different markets. But Konerko is the kind of guy that you could really build a marketing campaign around. Just think about everyone that loved Robin Ventura, well to me, Konerko is a similar mold and he truly is a very likeable player. This may not seem like something that you should think about, but in reality you have to think about it in a sense. He's also pretty well thought of in the clubhouse from what I can see between Kenny and Ozzie and others comments.
  8. This was a great read Jim. Thanks for posting it. I think Cowley is one of the best Sox writers their is an I almost always respect and listen to what he says. From what I know he seems to have good contacts and usually is pretty accurate. Of course I do remember a few odd things coming out of him this year, I just don't remember what they were. This was a good piece though. I've been thinking more and more and from the quotes from KW I'm starting to get an idea of where this team is going to be and I have a feeling were all going to like it. I also am getting a hunch that the Sox aren't going to be signing a Starting pitcher. They are going to sign a big bat, a shortstop, and a reliever or two. However, they will get a starting pitcher, it just won't be via the free agent market and I don't expect it to be a big name guy, but rather a guy that the Sox think can come in and grow as a starter. The kind of guy thats already a 4 or 5 but can develop into a 2 or 3. In following of Cheat and Black Betsy's fashion I'm going to start up a blog on the Sox and try to write stuff during the off-season of different options. I'm not going to do many trade suggestions other then mention players available that could fit.
  9. I'd still wish Maggs back, but good riddance to Jose and I have no prob with Politte/Shingo back in the pen.
  10. I'll so be at the @ San Diego games in June.
  11. SF and LA, although now SF would have to sweep to win the division.
  12. OF course you do Bengals Colts Raiders Patriots Eagles Redskins Packers Falcons Saints Jets Titans Broncos Rams Ravens
  13. I'd rather deal PK for a few reasons. His road ops and splits plain old suck and secondly I think Gload is a more then capable first baseman. I don't like the idea of the potential in house replacements if they deal Lee. Sure, you can say tehy will sign Beltran but until that happens then I would rather deal Konerko. All that said I'd dump Thomas because I am more then happy with Konerko/Lee and neither of them are the health liability that Thomas is.
  14. Ya, but in general the public doesn't make decisions based upon stuff like that, imo. I think in general the democratic party (this is me genearlizes) has a platform that can rally more people then the republican party. However, that doesn't mean they are right...hell I'm a republican cause It goes much more along my lines of belief.
  15. I've long said I'd rather see Frank go, too bad it ain't going to happen.
  16. Gonna put this post here too since I didn't see this thread when I first jumped on the site. No doubt about it John Kerry. IT kills me to say that but Bush was lousy. It wasn't that Kerry was good, but Kerry came off as sounding like he knew what he talked about. He did a good job giving the swing voters the idea that he had these great new ideas and BUsh did nothing to kind of force him out of his shell and talk about his plan. Bush also did a horrible job not rebutting when Kerry continued to say that Bush had no plan. Bush has a plan and he should of went here is my plan and I believe it is working. Bush did mention his plan for transitioning, but he didn't specifiy his actual plan during this debate, he has done so many times though (what is actual plan is) while Kerry kind of just talks about his plan (although he always says how he needs foreign people). I just thought Bush had an opportunity to win this election tonigth and he didn't do it. I really hope everyone else saw this another way, but I was not very thrilled watching this knowing the person I feel is bet suited for president is not coming out well during a key debate that could of given him another 4 years easily. I think both parties had a couple good sound bytes and the reason Kerry won this debate is simple...he didn't lose the election on this night and in fact I think he's made it closer. However, I think the townhall debate suits president Bush very well and that he can really redeem himself from this first debate. He stuck to his guns, but he didn't seem to have a lot of new suggestions after a certain point. Hell, he didn't need to, but he had other things he could of added. He's not needed to come up with new ideas in a sense, but to point out the facts of why he was right and why he should be the president.
  17. Good analysis. One thing as a Bush supporter that I'm hoping for is for people to take notice of how Kerry continued to point out about Saddaam and what not and how the war wasn't right and then near the end he completely contradicted himself. I don't want to give any quotes cause I Don't have the exact quote in front of me but I was just like, what the hell. Another thing that really stood out that I heard none of the pundits talk about was Kerry of all people talking about the lack of bullet proof vests and what not for the troops. This is coming from the guy that made his big political stance on the 87 billion dollar initiatve that he voted against, after saying how anyone that wouldn't vote for this was a fool (once again, dont' hvae the exact quote so if someone does post it ). Where the hell was BUsh capitalizings on this. I think Bush tried to kind of just go with the flow and not lose instead of go out on the offensive. He was winning this thing early on and then fell apart, mainly because he just flat out ran out of lines when he clearly had a lot more stuff he could of said and this all comes down to preperation. Not trying to make light of the fact and I have no idea what a president goes through, but I wonder how much time each candidate typically spends prepping for this and whether Bush's time was drastically shortened by whats going on in Florida.
  18. I was really surprised to see that, but at the same time, i think the site is pretty much dead split repub/democrat so I can't see where the bias got in, especially when two of the conservatives on the site (me and you) obviously voted John Kerry in this poll. I know my dad felt the same way after talking with him on the phone just after the debate.
  19. No doubt about it John Kerry. IT kills me to say that but Bush was lousy. It wasn't that Kerry was good, but Kerry came off as sounding like he knew what he talked about. He did a good job giving the swing voters the idea that he had these great new ideas and BUsh did nothing to kind of force him out of his shell and talk about his plan. Bush also did a horrible job not rebutting when Kerry continued to say that Bush had no plan. Bush has a plan and he should of went here is my plan and I believe it is working. Bush did mention his plan for transitioning, but he didn't specifiy his actual plan during this debate, he has done so many times though (what is actual plan is) while Kerry kind of just talks about his plan (although he always says how he needs foreign people). I just thought Bush had an opportunity to win this election tonigth and he didn't do it. I really hope everyone else saw this another way, but I was not very thrilled watching this knowing the person I feel is bet suited for president is not coming out well during a key debate that could of given him another 4 years easily. I think both parties had a couple good sound bytes and the reason Kerry won this debate is simple...he didn't lose the election on this night and in fact I think he's made it closer. However, I think the townhall debate suits president Bush very well and that he can really redeem himself from this first debate. He stuck to his guns, but he didn't seem to have a lot of new suggestions after a certain point. Hell, he didn't need to, but he had other things he could of added. He's not needed to come up with new ideas in a sense, but to point out the facts of why he was right and why he should be the president.
  20. Guys, this is far from over with. The Rockies have played teams tough as of late and no game is cake. Cubs are still way in this.
  21. Reds Win, CUbs lose. Cubs are now 1 game behind the Astros 16 K's by Mark Prior in the game too.
  22. Ball Four Base Hit, so runners on 1st and 2nd.
  23. Great defensive play to get Nomah on that bunt. But the Cubs MVP is at the plate right now...Aramis Ramirez.
  24. Inning over, but Reds get the 2-1 lead. Pinch hitter and then the top of the order for the Cubs.
  25. Cincy is up -1 with a runner on 2nd and 2 outs in the 12th.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.