Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Call me f***ed up, but I just got this odd image in my head. Its the difference of when a guy uses something like this and a girl using something like this. Anyway, girl gets this thing, uses the pillow, keeps the guy up all night cuddling and you know the guy is thinking christ I need some sleep. Opposite scenario, guy buys a blowup doll...does his thing and bam out the door it goes. More proof that the female mind and the male mind are different. And the end of my f'd up image.
  2. Chisoxfn replied to southsider2k5's topic in SLaM
    One of the best scenes ever. I visualize it all the time. Of course one of my favorite parts is when they have teh company picknick and they try to catch the greased deaf guy. "Never Gonna Catch Me"...eerrrrr I will fall to the floor everytime I see that scene.
  3. I Just never want to see that post saying....apu's tapes hit the net
  4. Chisoxfn replied to kapkomet's topic in SLaM
    Hell I figured I"d just take a vacation the next time you guys wanted to do an upgrade. That way when all hell breaks lose, everyone will scream for me to come back and I can rescue the situation...instead of blowing it up That sucks though Kap, you'll be missed. Maybe I'll call you one day just to piss you off and tell you Alex decided to do the upgrade and we got a call from the server company that it just flat out exploded And since they are reading this, I'd like to say that from my experience with dealing your company Kap....I think your hands down the best employee ever to grace the office and that you deserve a one million dollar raise
  5. The only times I was ever questioned about being out past curfew they simply told you to go home.
  6. To be honest, ya. I would of lived with the deal. Sox need pitching and lots of it.
  7. Where do I sign up...I want free margaritas.
  8. I'm trying to come up with an adequate service time, but my original idea was a 3 year time period where you have full control over them. You can add them to your roster at anytime so they can be guys you have ontop of the normal roster. The only thing I was wondering is, if a guy is in the minors for a whole season, should that count as a year or should their be like a minimum of innings/games pitched and at bats that make you eligible.
  9. Nah, minus this year he is roughly a .300 hitter or near it (off the top of my head) and he plays awesome defense. I've seen him make so many great plays out in RF it blows my mind. I guess I see the fact that he doesn't draw all that many walks, but he is nothing like Jose, imo. This year he is banged up and because of it his average has suffered, but he hasn't shown that he is going to be a .240 some odd hitter with power. This guy has a .285 career batting average. However, I'd be blind if I ignored the fact that he needs to draw more walks.
  10. Chisoxfn replied to MinnesotaSoxFan's topic in SLaM
    Well in that case, I'm going stag
  11. One question...where the hell was Steff?
  12. Queenie...LMAO...desktop of the year
  13. Oh my, thats the same desktop my buddy uses. I was absolutely mezmorized the first time I saw it. It gave me my billion dollar idea of creating a way for those girls to come out of the computer and fullfill your every fantasy...now quick, I need a nerd to create the technology to do it
  14. Chisoxfn replied to MinnesotaSoxFan's topic in SLaM
    So here's the question...am I flying out there or is she flying out here...and when can I expect my plane ticket Minny
  15. I'd love having AJ here. Him and Jacque Jones are two of my favorite Twins and are more then welcome on the south side. Hell, get em both over here. They add left handed bats and are hard nosed players who play good defense.
  16. He'll still get good money, although this is a relatively fair offer imo. I think someone will give him 9 mill a year long term or so. IT could turn into an awesome investment though.
  17. I think he's in his final year of being arbitration eligible and under control. However their is always the possibility that the Twins non tender him, meaning he becomes a free agent. If he gets tendered and goes to arbitration then he'll get a one year deal and become a free agent next year. However, I expect the Twins to offer him a contract regardless. He has a ton of trade value. If they go deep in the playoffs, they may up their payroll resources and keep him (although they do have a ton of outfield depth..especially with Kuzner orKubel coming up or whatever his name is). I doubt he gets non tendered, soley because the TWins can definately get some value for him. If he does, then the Sox should get off their ass and go after him. I'd live with an OF of Jones, Lee, and Rowand. Then they can move Konerko if they want and go with Gloadie at 1B and spend the rest on pitching. Jones is a lefty in the middle of the lineup (could play CF or RF with Rowand at the other...left took, but Carlos wouldn't go anywhere) and GLoad as a leftie later in the lineup. Then potentially move Konerko or whomever else to another team. Find yourself a leadoff hitter and maybe add a catcher while your at it. Jones would definately be welcome here in my book. His average is down this year, but he's been banged up and is a good player.
  18. And most importantly, Steff at most of the games
  19. You better hope he really liked Ozzie for him to take the Sox offer over teams like Boston, New York, and Florida. However, if the Sox offer him a little more or make a few moves to really make them a contender, then I bet he'd be listening.
  20. I'm not doubtin that their isn't more to this Rex, but I am really doubting the logistics of it all. I'm sorry, but I've been an Anaheim fan my whole life, I've watched Scioscia. I get this angst out of the quotes Scioscia has made and how absolutely "phony" they are. but your right, its very very odd for them to do something like this around this time of year. Obviously at least a few people didn't like him.
  21. If it helps I ate breakfast at an Ihop up in the mountains this past Xmas break with Pavano their. I didn't even realize it was him until I saw a sportscenter interview a few months back when they were talking about his girlfriend Alyssa Milano. We all recognized Alyssa but had no idea who the guy she was with was, lol. By the way, she's not that hot in person. Well, thats enough of my brush with the rich and famous
  22. Well I have my one little theory, but I didn't wnat to get into it cause its based soley on my mind. I think Scioscia had his ego hurt and that one thing you don't want to do is piss him off. He's one of those guys that likes getting talked about and he was definately shown up when Gullen pulled his tantrum. Like you say, I figured something else had to happen but today on the morning radio some of the best reporters out here were on and they said stuff is starting to die down and come clean and this is the issue. As far as Guillen goes, he's not one to keep incidents quiet. He's been quoted as saying if I disagree with something I'm going to say it. And with him getting shipped all over, he was rushed to the majors and never panned out. Once he did he was in Cincy and was a FA and they were out of contention. It made sense to deal him, so he went to Oakland played through a broken wrist and the A's weren't going to give him money. Ended up signing a 2 yr 6 mill deal with an option for 2006.
  23. I should add, I think if the players accepted Everett and from all intentions they have, then I see no reason why they wouldn't accept Jose Guillen. As far as I'm concerned, if you play your ass of once your on the field then you can be a total loner in the clubhouse and wherever else. You think everyone likes Sheffield...hell no, but the guy does his thing from the first pitch to the final pitch and thats what matters. Now if a guy is truly going in the clubhouse, talking s*** on players and all that crap, well thats another story. But I've never seen Guillen quoted anywhere knocking a player (at least not with him in Anaheim), other then the one time where he said he didn't attend the player meeting. Last I looked Jose has said plenty of stupid s*** to the media and he ain't a clubhouse cancer. I also think he'd enjoy playing with Ozzie. Ozzie appreciates anyone that plays the game hard and their is absolutely no denying that Jose Guillen plays the game hard.
  24. I want to add something about the Guillen incident. All the talk around Orange County (on the radio and what not) are that this was pretty much a bulls*** move. The Angels (aka Scioscia) originally hinted that something drastic happened, not just the helmet throw and throwing his glove. Their were even some reports that Guillen threw a punch at Sciosc (utter bs by the way). Now the tone is starting to change and some stuff has been leaked (or reportedly leaked) that the incident was pretty much what all the fans could see. The other two incidents was in the Toronto series early in the year he called his pitchers out for not protecting the hitters (mainly him). And you know what, I remember the angles announcers at the time saying someone should step up and protect Guillen. Of course now they are toing that company line saying the opposite. I'll tell you, Guillen flipping carried the Angels in May when damn near everyone was down (injured). He then got beaned repeatedly in the hand/wrist area. I think he was hit like 4 times in a week period or something and like three times ni the series. He was playing hurt and the pitchers continued to do nothing. I seem to remember many Sox fans and some analysts that will tell you this season was lost when the Sox didn't retaliate for the Torri Hunter incident. The only other incident Guillen had (and to me this is the severe one in a sense) is that he told the media he wasn't at a players meeting called by Darin Erstad. He did in fact attend it, but aluded to the point that the meeting was terrible. Vladdy seemed pissed that Guillen is gone though, I'll tell you that much and Erstad and Percy are about the only two on the team talking about it and saying it was a good decision (they are guys that follow that company line). However, Garret Anderson from his tone of voice appears perplexed, so did Molina and I'm sure there are others. Hell, the Angels weren't even freaking told (I'm referring to the players) of the incident. They had to find out through the grapevine. Ya, really gutsy their Scioscia. Sorry, I've watched Guillen all year long. Like I say, I only know the stuff that is talked about on the radio and on tv and what you can tell, but I do know one thing. Guillen played 110% every freaking game. The guy played hurt, the guy had tons of clutch hits (he was having a bad September) and the guy loves playing baseball. Was it stupid for him to get pissed, YA it was, but for christ sake the guy was just lpaying his ass off and wanted to stay in the game. Hell, the only reason I can see him being pinch ran for is because someone thought he was injured (he was hit in the ankle region) but if he said no, you leave him out there. Oh ya, this is the same Jose Guillen that played with a broken wrist (wasn't that what he had) during the playoffs for the A's. Ya, I'll take him on the Sox.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.