Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Over the next few days, FS, will be detailing and covering the trade deadline, so keep up with us This is all in the further attempt to expand nationally!!!!
  2. Ya, FS is now going to do trade breakdowns throughout the deadline as part of the new national coverage. Within a year I expect FS to converge upon being a national site and FS will probably be back as a site back on its own.
  3. Reportedly the Sox turned down a Preston Wilson deal a few days ago.
  4. Sweet, Mike, if you want I'll do an analysis of one of the deals. Just pm me with which one you want me to write up
  5. He also fell over on a pitch that was called a strike...it was hillarious.
  6. Olivo looked awful yesterday, although I gave him a nice standing ovation at the Angel game. My buddies thought I was nuts, lol.
  7. Great read Evan
  8. Who Are These Guys? By Evan Solon July 30, 2004 FutureSox.com If you have looked at a box score for a Kannapolis Intimidators game recently, you may have been wondering, “Who are these guys?” when referring to Ehren Wasserman and Leo Daigle. I know that’s what I thought when about 1 month and a half into the season, Wasserman was picking up save after save, and Daigle was consistently contributing from the clean-up spot on offense...MORE
  9. Chisoxfn replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    Have a blast Steff
  10. Because the Dodgers have offers on the table with the Marlins to get Brad Penny or AJ Burnett for LoDuca and another minor leaguer reportedly. Jeff Conine would also be a part of the deal. And from what is being reported out here, none of the Dodgers top prospects would be included. Imo, you'd be a freaking idiot to accept this if you are the Marlins, but supposedly they are very interested and its quite likely a deal goes down.
  11. Book it, he goes to the Braves and if the Braves give up Andy Marte for him, they are stupid.
  12. Let me be the first to say, I'm usually very willing to deal prospects, however, when a system becomes thin, then you have to stick to your guns and keep those few untouchables you have and use other bargaining chips, imo. I'd deal Sweeney in the right trade, but Cliff Floyd is not a guy you have to give up Sweeney to get. And if thats what they wanted, I'd go elsewhere, pick up a Kenny Lofton type leadoff guy and use a chip or two to add some quality relievers.
  13. To be honest, I'd rather have Frank walk at the end of the year, stick Everett at the DH and spend the 6 mill elsewhere, specifically on Carlos Beltran and another pitcher or two, one of which would be a starter. (letting Maggs walk) Everett, Beltran, Lee, Konerko would be enough of a middle of the lineup to me. It would also give you two lefties with power and two righties with power and all 4 are capable of hitting for respectable averages, imo. Personally I like that more then Thomas, Mags, Lee, Konerko because in this case, you have two guys that hit lefty against RHP, and 2 guys that hit righty against RHP, so it better breaks things up, imo. Plus Beltran in CF is freaking amazing.
  14. I wouldn't say no chance in it happening. This rumor had to come from somewhere, and just cause a GM says its false, doesn't necessarily mean its true. Heck, it could be 100% false cause its not Sweeney in the proposed deal or maybe its just not Floyd, who knows. What we do know is the Sox have been talking with the Mets and Bucs. Whose to say some deal isn't worked out where the Sox get Benson or where the Sox get someone like Al Leiter. Not saying its a very likely chance, but who knows.
  15. To be honest, the way Garcia is pitching, I'd of dealt all of em for Garcia alone, let alone also getting Carl Everett and Cliff Floyd. However, in terms of Ryan Sweeney, I think the Southtowns reports were off. I will say this, if its Joe Borchard, I'd deal him for Cliff Floyd in a heartbeat. Stick Floyd in the 2 hole maybe even. The guy is a good hitter and gets on base as well as has some pop when healthy. The Sox could rotate between him and Everett, although defensively, I'm a little miffed. Also, if the Pirates don't like that prospect (anyone got a link) that the Sox were offering, then it sure as hell wasn't Ryan Sweeney. Another question is, why are the Mets going for Benson. Are they playing for this year, or do they want to add him and hope to sign him now? If they are playing for this year, I can't see how unloading one of their better bats in Floyd makes sense.
  16. On espn.com they say Floyd makes 6.5 mill this year, what is the status of his contract for next year?
  17. I should add, Floyd is a good offensive player. He has good power, a decent eye, and when healthy can mash. I don't know if Shea is considered a hitters park or not, but he would be a welcome addition to the offense. Just not for Ryan Sweeney, give em Arnie Munoz, although even him, I would be tough parting with because he is so young as well.
  18. .277 vs's righties now. He's really came on over the year against RHP, althoug his OBP vs righties is still low. He's done a very good job going to opposite field against them, imo.
  19. Turning into a right handed version of Trot Nixon
  20. What the hell. Sweeney for a 32 year old who is prone to major injuries and has a big time contract. Gimme a freaking break, the Mets would unload his contract for nothing. This would piss the hell out of me. You don't give up a guy thats 19 and ripping A ball. The past 3 weeks the guy is hitting around .360 or so. His power is going to develop. This guy was in high school 14 months ago, like oldsocks pointed out, and has as high of upside as anyone in the minors (not just in the Sox system) offensively. The guy can be dealt, but for Cliff Floyd, HELL NO.
  21. Chisoxfn replied to dasox24's topic in FutureSox Board
    He'll be giving up hitting probably at the end of the year from what I've been told. This is just something he wants to do and for the time being the organizatoin is going to let him. Of course if he is really raking the ball and pitching awesome, I'm guessing he'll be allowed to continue both.
  22. Chisoxfn replied to dasox24's topic in FutureSox Board
    Good stuff. Whisler has hit well two straight games and Diaz, along with Stewart have been on absolute roles.
  23. Consider Kenny Lofton another option. Yanks have him on the block and he's played in Chicago. I know Sox fans didn't think too highly of him, but he's been a great addition the past few years around the trade deadline. Yanks would probably do it for a not to big of prospect. Question is whether he stays healthy, but he has good numbers this year. .296 AVG, .365 OBP
  24. Lets see Carl get the job done here. Carlos did his job and earlier in the game Willie did his thing for small ball. You can see the Sox must of gotten a lashing. Hopefully it pays off. Come on Carl, get the run home.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.