Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Ordonez Rejects 5-year, $70,000,000
Welcome aboard Marty34 I think the New York media has been going off the rumor that came up a month or so ago when the Sox were supposedly close. However, if thats what the Sox offered that is a very fair offer.
-
The continued search for a 5th starter
You don't give up a top top prospect for Livan Hernandez, but for Ben Sheets you do it. For Freddy Garcia, you probably do it as well.
-
Dransfeldt called up
If Borchard hadn't tweakes his hammy I would guess the Sox would of called him up because he could fill in while Maggs is out.
-
The continued search for a 5th starter
I think because of off days June 12th is the next time the 5th starter goes. But your right, it will definately be interesting and I think we all have to admit KW is unique in his approach that he wants to make a trade well before the deadline and I don't blame him. If you have a problem and have tried some solutions (although I think they could of handled them better) then you make the move to better the club.
-
The continued search for a 5th starter
Plus the Sox could pencil in Sheets with Garland, Scho, and Buehrle for the next few years which at least gives you a little leeway if Elo goes elsewhere at the end of the season. I think the Sox know this is a big year. If they can win then they can up their payroll, continue to build back a fan base and probably get enough money to give Maggs his deal as well. The Sox will pull off their deal for a starter now and then I think late they will pick up another player (whose got an ending contract) to help for the stretch run and hopefully give the team all the weapons it needs to win it all. Speaking of the Brewers, I'm glad the Sox got Wilder in the organization. He did a great job in Milwaulkee.
-
The continued search for a 5th starter
Well I think it was this week that Kenny mentioned he did everything he could to get a trade off before Rauch went or something along those lines. Him and Ozzie even sat together working the phones or something like that. Garcia is out their but the Mariners are probably holding out for more. Sheets could be out their, especially now that it could be possible that Kenny will give up someone of Reed's status.
-
Jon Rauch Likely Finished in Sox Organization
I'd agree. I think Kenny is burning to make a move and acquire a heck of a pitcher. Personally I don't think their is much chance that we see another 5th starter from within. The Sox are going to make a trade by then, I just hope Kenny doens't force something. He's not going to sit around and continue to see the Sox lose every time the 5th guy pitches till July...he's going to address the issue now and I gotta say its reasons like this that I like Kenny, although its also reasons like this I can dislike Kenny
-
The continued search for a 5th starter
Plus if the Sox give up 3 or 4 prospects, just think of it this way....they got 4 extra draft picks compared to most ball clubs to use to go right back into rebuilding the system. Trading your prospects is just another way of utilizing your farm system, imo. The Sox have done a good job growing from within (even if they can't find a 5th starter) and using your prospects to acquire a 5th starter is similar to developing them from within. I'm guessing a package of Borchard, Rauch and a good prospect could be a possibility.
-
The continued search for a 5th starter
Just saw it...gonna merge what I posted into the other one
-
The continued search for a 5th starter
I'll merge what I posted into here BUt ya, this article got me pretty excited. I just think Kenny is going to do whatever it takes. I dont' know if it will work, but it at least gets me excited. I don't want to see the Sox sit and wait. The lack of a 5th starter (it means the Sox are going to loss 1 out of 5 before you ever step onto the field roughly) is gonna really hinder the Sox, plus it could put added stress on the bullpen. By June 12th, the SOx are going to have a new starter...book it.
-
The continued search for a 5th starter
Williams Pining for Pitching The Article goes on to mention that Kenny is not actively shopping any of the current playesr although he says no one is untouchable. It sounds like he's willing to give up any prospect in the organization and he went on to say the reason is because of 1917. Sounds to me like he's pining for a deal. It also says that its believed he is looking for a #1 starter and that JR has given him a large amount of leeway financially. Who knows if this is true, but I have no doubt Kenny is going to pull the trigger soon. The question is which prospects are going where and what pitcher are the Sox getting. All I know is that I"ll s*** a brick if I see a good prospect going for Kris Benson. However, if its Ben Sheets, I'd give up a good amount including the #1 prospect in the organization Jeremy Reed if thats what it took. Sheets could help the Sox get their this year and frankly thats what matters. Plus, getting to the playoffs boostes revenue and can help put the Sox in a position where they can add to the payroll.
-
Happy Birthday To The Two 19 yr. Olds
Happy Bday to the two of ya. One of which is responsible for the Great Hot Chick Contest Hope you both have damn good ones
-
My new Sig
Thats really good.
-
Until Kenny Can Pull off a Trade...
Typically its because AA is where the best prospects are. The jump from AA to AAA isn't that big so if a team is very high on a prospect they may have them skip the level, especially if they think the player is special. The only difference between AA and AAA is AAA has a lot more minor league veterans that may be a little more patient, but overall, the raw talent level in AA is much greater then it is in AAA.
-
Ordonez may go on DL
I think Borchard will be the 1st up, assuming his back isn't too bad. I know he was available to pinch hit tonight and I'm assuming he will be in the lineup tomorrow. I got a feeling the Sox don't want to rush Reed, especially since he's dealing with one of his first slumps in his professional career, which I believei s caused by his injured wrist.
-
Jon Rauch Likely Finished in Sox Organization
I don't know. I think the Sox have some guys that are capable of turning into solid 5th starters, although the Sox will have to be patient with them and ease them into the development. I don't expect anyone in the Sox organization to come in and dominate. The Sox don't have any prospects that are capable of doing that, imo. However, I do feel that Felix Diaz or potentially Arnie Munoz could come in and eventually turn into a pretty good 5th starter after a few starts, well a lot better then what the Sox have had.
-
White Sox Draft Preview: 1st Round
But since he's a two sport player you can spread the bonus around or something along those lines. Plus Fields has made up his mind to play baseball. This wasn't the case with Borchard. Borchard had no problem sticking around another year and playing football. As a 1st round pick, Fields will get a lot more guaranteed money then a 5th to 6th round pick in the NFL who will take a chance of beating. My thought is you can't not fire the trigger on a guy because something similar didn't work out a previous time. That would of been like not getting Colon last year cause the last time you gave up a few pitchers for one it ended up biting you in the ass (see the Ritchie trade).
-
White Sox Draft Preview: 1st Round
From what I read he would be a later round selection. He has been very good for the Cowboys though. Some scouts feel he's a little too small to be a pro qb. He is 6'2 but it could be one of those 6'2 where he's really 6 ft. Also, each day I'm going to do another draft preview. The next one will focus on some players that should be available during the sandwich round (The Sox have two selections then) and then the following day will be in regards to the 3 2nd round players and then the following day one on random players I like that could be taken later.
-
Random Musings on the Draft
What I suggested is having a ticker below and instead of talking about all the players do more of a focus on the early players drafted. Then start talkinga bout the organizations as a whole, drafting strategy, all those type of things because its something so few people are in. I don't think many people know how the MLB draft works and all that stuff. To me it would be neat if they did things like that. Included in that is showing video clips of some of the current prospects and what not. It would just be like a 2 day video session on future guys coming into the majors, talks with some gm's, talks with some scouts, video footage of guys that are currently in the minors. It be a great way for MLB to start hyping some of its FutureStars and while they increase their revenue by having it on tv, they also are going to help minor league baseballs revenue increase as well cause more people may end up checking out some minor league games because they are a little more familiar with some of the stars.
-
Until Kenny Can Pull off a Trade...
Dontrell Willis was pretty damn raw. I don't think he had any AAA time and he had very limited AA time if I recall. I think Brandon Webb made the jump from AA too, but not positive on that.
-
Until Kenny Can Pull off a Trade...
Its quite simple, the Sox can't have guys pitching on 9 and 10 days rest and expect them to come in and pitch good. IF they are going to go with a guy they need to do all they can to help them suceed. It is hard enough making the jump from AAA to the majors, let alone making it when your going to be rusty because you haven't pitched in your normal schedule. Pitching on the side is not the same as pitching in game situations. The Sox dicked around with Diaz, they did the same with Cotts and Rauch was and is a bum since his injury. Its not like the guys the Sox are bringing up are some of the best prospects in baseball. Some of them have potential, but in all honesty, the AAA level isn't very good pitching wise. I think Majewski has a MLB arm while someone like Diaz has a shot. Other then that, they have a good minor league pitching staff, but I don't think it will do much at the major league level. However, the Sox have quite a bit of good arms coming up in the lower levels.
-
White Sox Draft Preview: 1st Round
Sowers is pretty damn good. The guy flat knows how to pitch, but I don't see much of a chance on him falling to the Sox pick. If he did, not a chance in hell they would pass him though.
-
Best Baseball Video Game
MVP, but I've heard ESPN is pretty good too.
-
Sox Pickups
Or if they are in the JUCO world series, then they can get an extension of some sort or something?
-
Jon Rauch Likely Finished in Sox Organization
I can honestly say, my curveball has more break then Rauch's and when I throw my curve it goes down in the zone. I do struggle throwing it for a strike, but when I used to pitch on a consistent basis I had every bit the curve Rauch had today. That was brutal and it was finishing at the letters.