Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Who is our ace?
I do think McCourt would take it and good luck to the Pirates, no one will pick up Bensons salary cause I don't think any of the big bidding teams are going to look into acquiring him, which means someone will have to take on a contract in return, imo. McCourt would take it because I honestly believe they want to dump Perez, even though he is pitching good. I still hear a lot of talk of him being the one shipped out.
-
Who is our ace?
No one, which is why I firmly believe at one point or another the Sox will have to move Lee, Konerko or JOse for a good starter and I think Carlos is the only one that will get us that type of starter in return. On the plus side, Carlos salary will also negate whatever the Sox get in return which would make a deal pretty likely. Garcia, Odalis Perez are the tops on my list. I could see Benson, but Benson still has all those health issues and frankly I wouldn't take the shot at giving up Lee for him, unless the Sox get someone else effective in return.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
But the Sox won't take him without that. No way do I see the Sox adding payroll. Jose, Paulie and Lee will be who they dangle at the deadline, imo.
-
Very strange White Sox "web site"
I don't know what happened to the thread posted by FireBrand. I closed it and then noticed it dissapeared but still had it open so I'm going to paste it in here. I was originally going to move it in here. My response Now I'm going to go one step farther and say this is the last I ever want to hear about the feud, argument or what not between Jim and Crector. The two of them and anyone else involved can deal with it elsewhere. Soxtalk isn't the place to bring your gripes. As far as I'm concerned, I know nothing of it and don't want to. I ask the that the two of you ignore each other here and you can do whatever you please elsewhere.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
I shoudl add, neither Konerko or Lee are worth what they will be paid. I like both of them, but if the Sox fail to sign Maggs, who is a true superstar, it will be because of those two awful signings and thats something I don't want to see. Maggs is a guy you can stick in the 3 hole and forget about. He does everything good and can carry a club. Carlos isn't quite in that role because he, while he works hard defensively, will never be much of an outfielder. I give him credit for busting his ass, but he has poor range and a weaksauce arm with a slow release.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
I'd stick Carlos on 1st and would let Thomas play first too. First isn't that tough of a position and I'd think Carlos could pick it up pretty easily. Then I'd have Willie in cf and Reed in left. I don't really care which of the two would be gone, Garcia would give us a stellar, still young, right hander, who has pitched in some pressure games. Garcia had a down year last year, but he's back.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Nice piece of hitting by Hurt.
-
Poor leads
Ya, I do think Brian Roberts is pretty damn fast. He also didn't have anyone watching him. And most stolen bases are close or at least semi close. If it was so easy we'd be seeing a lot of guys still racking up 100 steals and that isn't happening anymore. Oh ya, swipe the bag standing, ya right. Have you played baseball, that is damn near impossible unless its a crappy throw or no throw. Its a far distance to go and stealing bases isn't easy. Oh ya, signs get missed, not a big deal as long as it doesn't happen often.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
My main flaw comes that i just don't like how right handed and power happy this team is in general and it seems like Carlos is the most homer happy. Plus, I think the addition of say Freddy Garcia would be much bigger then what we would lose in having Willie and Reed playing every day. If the Sox could move Konerko instead, I'd say fine by me or if they could use Jose as bait instead fine too.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
I'd ship his ass out. Put Reed in left, shift Willie to CF, Jose at SS, and Juan at 2nd. Rowand and Timo backing up or what not. For Lee I'd look for a stud pitcher. You could get someone like Odalis Perez or Freddy Garcia and the salaries would match. Although I realize Carlos will figure things out. I'm really frustrated with the team though.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Gibbons hits a bomb, 3-2 O's. Buehrle makes his FIRST mistake. Check that, it was a solid pitch, curve hung up a bit, but it didn't catch the fat part of the plate or anything.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Maggs hits one hard but it hangs up for the cf to get it.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Timo swings at the first pitch and hits it hard, but right at Jay Gibbons. Come on Miggy...clutch hit here!!!!
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Crede crushes one to damn near the deepest part of the park and it falls for a double.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Well Maggs isn't seeing the ball and Carlos is trying to pull the ball all the time. ALthough when he flew out in the 1st inning it appeared that he was trying to go to right.
-
5/5 games
Good fastball, good changeup, and a slider. Thats his bread and butter at least.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Well they get out of it with minimal damage I guess. I just can't get over it. Last night the Sox f*** around with runners on whe they could of blown the game open and then they piss it away with piss poor defense. Tonight they have been better with runners on (thus far)...how couldn't they be, but they once again have an awful inning and Buehrle had to throw an extra 15-20 pitches because of it and the O's get 2 runs on what should of been a one two three inning.
-
Poor leads
Well in Miggy's defense, I think it was a botched hit and run. Plus he was 3-3 on the season until he was thrown out.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
2 down and the runners hold.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
I want to know where the hell Carlos was. He should of been backing up Timo or at least a lot closer.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Two straight nights that the defense plays like absolute s***. Now Buehrle walks Mora. In my book, this is not a first place ball club, not with this s*** defense and s*** clutch hitting. Now the game is tied, but at least their is one out.
-
Cinco de Mayo Game Thread
Once again, runners stranded.
-
NUKE On the road in Baltimore.
Sounds like a fun time, minus the loss of course.
-
Morality or Ethics class in Elem & HS
I'm all for it. The other thing I'm for is some business classes in high school, maybe even a class on handling your finances and such. It can include as simple things as balancing your check book, but also teaching kids at a young age about credit cards (being responsible with them), the stock market, a few finance type things, lots of stuff that your going to run into in life. This way, those that are interested in business get a little head start for when they enter college and then the business world, while those that may not ever have an interest in business will at least understand some simple concepts that they will run into in life.
-
Hello $2 gas
Its funny, cause gas is well over 2 bucks out here. Its about 2.15 or so, some places 2.25 others as low as 2.08. Hell, 2 bucks would be a bit of a decrease. It really sucks, although I'm doing a project and am quickly learning that hybrid engines will double your mileage and you won't lose any power.