Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. I mean if they do all these moves...are the Sox looking and willing to go to 70 mill and say hey, if we win it this year, then we'll stay at that rate, otherwise we can let guys like Garcia guy for draft picks or deal them and the same with Nomar and all that?
  2. Well I haven't passed em yet Vince...still go a final tomorrow and an inclass writing assingment on Friday.
  3. Hey, I want him here...if the Sox raise payroll and keep him here.
  4. This is from San Francisco's newspaper Rhodes would be a hell of a pickup. I have no idea if this offer is still on the table...but if they get Garcia, Williamson, and keep Nomar it looks like the team is gonna spend money. I'm confused http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...SPGK33OSFS1.DTL
  5. Shutup Vince...I've learned my lesson
  6. Lol...I had homework to study for..well finals. If I finish my studying soon enough it means I can go see Lord of the Rings tonight...instead of waiting till Saturday.
  7. I agree with you that Sheff is smart for not having an agent. No point in paying an agent huge bucks when you can just pay an attorney to do the fine print stuff for you and you get almost all the money. Although he didn't end up getting what he wanted from George (No deferred..over 40 mill) but he still is getting what George originally offered. I have to say, part of me felt George would just tell him to f off and he'd just sign Vladdy instead cause thats the kind of guy George is.
  8. and according to Gammons the Sox will keep Nomar.
  9. Exactly...they are the ones with the gun to their head. The reason they aren't doing the Dodger deal is they'd rather have Magglio then some prospects, because the Red Sox don't want to have a void in LF. I'd just say you either give us Williamson and Nomar for Maggs or you go take Odalis Perez
  10. Thats exactly what this deal means. Well that or Guillen, but if they move Guillen then it means Spiezo is playing 3rd.
  11. Personally I'll take the pitching. Just add a lesser rf signing, there will be some quality players out there for cheap. Hell, if the Sox are so damn willing to sign Nomar (Speculation) then just freaking deal him for the stud prospects and enter the Vladdy sweepstakes. *end fantasy*
  12. He can deal him to LA and I am going to hope KW isn't dumb enough to throw in Cotts...for god sakes he has the Red Sox in a tough spot. They want Maggs, they don't want fillers from the Dodgers. If they deal Cotts, its my opinion that this turns into a horrible deal unless the Sox get Perez, Mota, Miller and Edwin Jackson for Nomar.
  13. If we keep Nomar then sure I'm for it...as long as Cotts isn't a part of it. This also is contingent on the Sox getting pitching and increasing their budget to do it if they have to. As far as Jose...I think yes, but I don't know what the Sox are getting.
  14. Never caught that...I have to believe Nomar is LA bound...but don't give up Cotts. And I have to say, more I think about it, just hold the Dodgers hostage get Mota and their two stud prospects and then use the freed up money to do things. There are things to worry about Nomar and keeping him around and losing him in the offseason would suck.
  15. I'll s*** a brick if Cotts is part of the deal. It makes no sense to me why the Sox would have to give in one of their top prospects. Nomar isn't necessarily a stud. Magglio had proved he could hit in all parks, Nomar has not proved that. His road splits blow. I think playing full time away from Boston will fix that, but its a risk.
  16. On ESPN News he said those are the most likely names. I'd be incredibly ticked off if they dealt Magglio and Cotts for Nomar and Williamson. I'm sorry, but Nomar is a bit over-rated because you have a huge ??? as to whether he can produce outside of beantown. If the BoSox demanded Cotts, I'd tell them to screw off...thats just my two cents. This is all speculation on Starks part though...if its Wright, i'd still be dissapointed. He also said the Sox won't deal Nomar to the Dodgers unless Mota is a part of the deal.
  17. Thats what I think. I like the Hinrich selection
  18. Was Bosh picked ahead of Hinrich...if not, thats the only guy I would of wanted over Hinrich. I'm a big Hinrich fan though. The move I never liked was bringing back Pippen.
  19. ESPN NEWS originally reported it would be done by 3:00 eastern, although I highly doubt that.
  20. Don't quite see it like that...I'm more along 2k's analysis. I do agree though, he better be ready, which is why I suggest offering Rauch for Washburn.
  21. Thats good news...although I can't figure out why the Sox need to give up a young pitcher, unless they are somehow gettin cash considerations. I think Nomar and Williamson for Maggs is fair. I hope it isn't one of our top prospects.
  22. Josh...u got a link for this
  23. I'd guess that they will want the Red Sox to pay interest on the deferred money and thats the holdup. Pure speculation though.
  24. Everything the LA times has said is that if they can't deal them by hte 20th, they will non tender him. Which also leads me to believe, you could pick him up for rather cheap. I'd even say a Jon Rauch for Washburn deal could happen...if the sox were willing to offer up Rauch.
  25. I'd say its more of a snag. And that they will have to change the restructuring.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.