Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
And then there were three....
Isn't that what Konerko supposedly has?
-
Sox close to sign Maddux for 2-years
I think the first moves that happen in the meetings will be the Sox clearing payroll, but for all we know they have a plan of setting the payroll at 63 mill. It would be good business sense to say a lower price cause teams see it as you having a tighter budget. None of us really know. I just think they will have to move at least one of the bats and Koch.
-
And then there were three....
The main reason isn't the hip problem, but Percivals insistance that this will likely be his final season. The hip bothers him and there was a point last year the Angels thought he would never pitch again. Luckily things went smoothly and he's fine, but I think Percival knows he has a lot of money, has a world series ring and has had a great career. He's a hell of a pitcher.
-
Sox close to sign Maddux for 2-years
As the rosters stand right now, including expected raises to the arbitration guys, I think the Sox are roughly 3 mill under the proposed budget of 58 mill. Doesn't exactly leave them with a ton of room. It may be 5 mill though, I forgot, but I read it somewhere, have no idea how valid it is.
-
whoever yanked that thread...
You got my support Donkey...hell you could tell me to burn down my house as long as you had that picture of alizee up
-
Sportscenter
Right now there is only one viable trade I think the Sox could do and not get killed and thats Maggs for Soriano. I don't care what anyone tells me about Soriano, he's a hell of a player, cheap, and is still very marketable. While the Sox lose Maggs, the free up a hell of a lot of money and they don't say they are giving up because Soriano is a young all star. People can say oh we should get more in return for Maggs, but all I can say is if the Sox could some how pull this off, I'd be calling them geniuses because it would give the Sox more then enough room to add two pitchers, two relievers, and fill your other holes. Basically the Sox would be about 17 mill under budget. That allows for 10 mill on pitching, 4 mill on your two relievers and 3 mill to fill other holes. Thats just a rough estimate though. But no I don't think it will happen, but its by far and away the only rumored Maggs deal that I'd do. You don't trade your best player (Lee is good, but Maggs is still a machine at the plate) for crap in return, especially when he is young, a great guy, and well the organization can't afford negative PR and thats what would happen if you dealt him for prospects and I can't see any team willing to do that unless you eat a large chunk of his salary. The Yanks would be the only team out there willing to do that. So I hope George tells Sheff to pound sand and the Sox and Yanks can work out that deal.
-
Sportscenter
I'd rather just dump Magglio and see the Sox take their chances on getting Garcia after he's non tendered. I just don't see why the Sox should acquire Garcia unless they are willing to take on Konerko's contract. Otherwise just hold out till he gets non tendered. And I do believe Maggs has value.
-
Carl Everett
Josh Rupe is the one that got away. And folks like quickman said, this is all a moot point because the Sox can't negotiate with him. I do think it looks like I had Everett priced out right when I said he'd get 5 mill max, but who knows, maybe someone will blow him away with an offer.
-
Reinsdorf at the winter meetings
Also, if in fact JR is at the winter meetings then I definately think it means something. Although I think most everyone could of guessed that the Sox are gonna try to make one or two big moves during the meetings. Kenny isn't exactly gun shy, the question is whether he'll be firing blanks or real bullets. I just know I'm excited to see what goes down.
-
Reinsdorf at the winter meetings
Koch may rebound, but Weathers is half the price and has put up a few very good years and I think he'd be a great pickup. Not too familiar with Jeff Duncan.
-
Sox close to sign Maddux for 2-years
I'd definately take Maddux if the Sox did it at the right price, which would be around 2 yr 10 mill, if you had to go 2 yrs. This guy makes everyone on the staff better, has pitched in tons of big games and is the consumate professional. I agree the Sox would then need another pitcher, but Maddux won 15 games last year and still had an ERA in the 3's. While he will likely go on the decline, he's still a very good pitcher that can bring his a game and I could see him really stepping up in clutch situations such as the playoffs (If the Sox somehow got into them) next season. The flaw is, I don't think they are close cause too many false rumors have been going around lately. I'll believe it when I see it mentioned elsewhere. I've always noticed that the Sox typically make deals and you never here anything. The only exception to that I can think of is when they got Colon, but thats simply because their was speculation for so long. But who even though Buehrle would sign or that the Sox were about to get Carl Everett and Roberto Alomar.
-
whoever yanked that thread...
My suggestion, cw and 61382...create a new thread on the football subject and I will close this thread.
-
All Star Baseball 2005
U just got to be gifted like me. The problem is even then the game is too easy. I'd like a game thats more realistic and challenging.
-
Another Twins trade
Man, I'd love it if that deal happenned. Mantei is quality when healthy, but that doesn't happen too often.
-
whoever yanked that thread...
This is an off topic post. I don't know what happened, but its got nothing to do with the Sox so for those that want to continue to debate this for whateve reason...it will be over there.
-
Sportscenter
On the plus side Steve Phillips is an idiot, although its pretty sad when an idiot can point out how the offseason has went I still hold faith though.
-
WHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT!
Rick Hahn has been negotiating this contract from day one. KW even states that Hahn's committment paid off or something like that. Hahn deals with most contract extension from what I've read.
-
Thomas
I wouldn't be against a Konerko for Weaver deal as long as those cash considerations (ie the 3 mill) came to the Sox, if not a little bit more cash. In this situation the Sox would actually save a little money and would add a pitcher that just a year ago had an ERA under 4.
-
I need help!!!!
Just hit my controls and then edit avatar or change avatar and if you want a signature you go into signature changes and make changes there.
-
Please tell me this is a joke.....
I'll believe it when I see it. As far as I'm concerned this is bs.
- Colleges
-
Robbie to be a Cardinal by weeks end...
Solid move by the Cardinals. He's a bit of an upgrade over Vina.
-
something big is about to happen
Just blame technology...or better yet Canada
-
Question
I have my ways...muhaaahaaaa (since my typing blows, I should just say "EVIL LAUGH")....lets just say I'm a mind reader.
-
Rookie Question
No prob 04...once u got it figured out, make a post in here and then I'll move this thread onto the help board And if u need anymore help, don't hesitate to ask.