Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Your Offseason Wish List
My Wish List Starting Pitchers - Bartolo Colon/Sidney Ponson/Andy Pettite/Kevin Millwood - A 5th starter Relief Pitchers - Unload Billy Koch - Bring in two good relievers (Sully, Hawkins, Hasagewa, etc) - Bring in 1 vet reliever (Osuna) Outfielders - Trade Maggs and whoever for Soriano and Nick Johnson (Stick Soriano in center) Infielders - Miguel Tejada or Kaz Matsui - Unload Paul Konerko - Move Jose to 2nd if they have the money or trade him and get Izturis and Tejada
-
Your Offseason Wish List
Last season we did something like this and I remember I really wanted Ponson via trade and other people had other guys they wanted. This is kind of a thread where you can say whether you want this guy or that guy. Doesn't have to be realistic or it can be realistic, just a way to say, this guys gonna be good or he'll be a great pickup. Last years thread took off and was one of the longest in Soxtalk history so hopefuly this years can be just as fun if not more fun
-
Colon News
I like the way things are shaping...and if somehow Sheffield spurns the Yanks, then I'll really be liking things cause it will ultimately force George to turn his efforts to Maggs. Its going to be a very exciting offseason, I truly believe that.
-
What did you do when the site went dark
Exactly...I want to retire young. I agree with what you say. For example, If I was going to become a teacher, I'd be do it a little more kick back. Not because teaching is a lesser job, cause its not, its one of the most important jobs out there and teachers are vastly underpaid, at least the good ones are. But because teachers, this is me assuming, basically have to learn their curriculum and thats it, once you do that, you have your books and what not. The key is whether you have good teaching methods and have a good mixture of sterness as funness (If thats a word). Like I think someone that teaches kindergardners really just needs to be child smart, not really book smart. Either way, once I becoem a lawyer, if somehow their is a slim chance, I may one day make enough to somehow buy a share of a baseball team or get myself a gig as a high ranking executive, then I'll be really happy
-
Graffy leaving?
Hey...I'd very much support that move. I wouldn't have any problem giving Wilson 1.5 or 2 mill. I know he pitched his ass of last year, but I don't see a team giving him too much money. He'd be a better investment then Scho considering what Scho will get.
-
Gammons on Tuesday's AM Sportcenter
The central is still weak and if the Sox sign Colon they definately have the ability to make it in the central, if not farther. Pitching can carry a team. The question is whether this team will play like a team. THe problem is, the more I think about it, the more scared I get that Ozzie Guillen is our manager.
-
Colon News
I agree whole-heartedly. I firmly believe that Bill Stoneman is the worse GM in the major leagues. That says something cause I think pretty poorly of Dan Evans too.
-
What did you do when the site went dark
While its not hard to become a lawyer...it is hard to become a good lawyer. I want to become an international attorney and to do that and be very good it truly pays to go to a very good school. I do agree though, that working in a law firm would definately help and I plan on doing an internship over the summer. Like with you, I definately think your on the right track and you have things figured out. My other belief is if I can get kick ass grades now, work 30 hours a week and still have a lot of time to spend with my friends and stuff, then when I get out of school, life is gonna seem so much easier
-
Colon News
Thats whats being reported in New York. The Angels have said they would take Colon, but right now they are putting on the heat and are going to go after Vladdy. I'm not necessarily agreeing with how the Angels are spending their money, but look what new owner Artero Moreno is doing in Anaheim. He's definately been agressive.
-
IS that chat not working or is it just me?
The Chat room works, but the link from our site to it, hasn't been updated yet.
-
What's with all of the guests?
Don't know exactly what they are, but search engines send them to the site and they pull data and stuff and it somehow deals with where the site is ranked and they cache the image on the search engine so people can look at it and such. I THINK.
-
What's with all of the guests?
I'm guessing its a lot of regular members who just haven't logged in yet. Since when I re-opened the site everyone had to relogin. Also, probably a lot of search engine spiders (Although I don't have those set to show up as guests or members) are around the site since the site is active again.
-
What did you do when the site went dark
The difference is, once your in college, depending on what your profession then your grades tend to matter. They probably stop looking at your grades after your first job. This all depends on your profession though. Some professions as long as you get the degree, your set. With me I just know I need to get my ass to law school so I can't slack off.
-
Coach Bill
Scott Skiles seems fine, although I would of preferred Doc Rivers.
-
Gammons on Tuesday's AM Sportcenter
Well I seriously think Izturis would get it done from the Sox perspective...dont' know if the Dodgers do it. And The Brewers don't seem to have a high asking price for Sexson, its more take his salary off their hands. If they offered Mota and a solid to good prospect, I think they could get the deal done. I think they'd be a lot better with Gagne still in the pen and Sexson and Jose then with Mota in the pen and Garciapara. Either way the Dodgers still want to move Odalis Perez because he's upset with the organization.
-
D-Backs robbing social security lines
I still can't figure out why people keep signing him, but man its just more reason to be a lefty. Too bad I couldn't of made it, cause once I would of been up...someone would of had use for me, lol.
-
Millwood Eyes both Sox's
I think a lot of people are iffy on Millwood being a 10 mill a year pitcher. He has good stuff, but for some reason he is incredibly streaky. Not that Bartolo was great last season, but he can just completely shut an opponent down. At the same time so can Millwood. If Millwood's price dropped another mill or two, then I could see the Sox get interested, but I got a feeling Colon's price is gonna be around 11-12 mill and I think the Sox may just go for him at that.
-
Gammons on Tuesday's AM Sportcenter
Gagne wants a huge payraise, but Nomar hasn't been near as good this past season as he was in years past. He can get himself out at the plate and had a horrible post-season. I still like the guy a whole lot, but Gagne is absolutely awesome. I don't deal someone like him. Rarely do I have a high value in closers, but that guy is a freaking stud and a horse in the pen. But my guess is, thats what the deal will center around. The Dodgers would be better off getting Jose Valentin and trying to acquire Richie Sexson, imo.
-
Rumor
Thats basically what Gammons does. He calls up his insiders around the league and he hears things. Most of the time he is wrong, but he does know whats going on. Most of the executives in the game respect Gammons and quite often they will call him when something is giong down because they help them find out whats going on too. Its just trades are hard to complete. You can be really close on something but when the two sides can't fully agree, they can't fully agree. So if they are just in early talks and a rumor comes out of it cause someone finds out, there are way better odds that the deal doesn't go down then it actually going down.
-
Gammons on Tuesday's AM Sportcenter
During the season there was a big Gagne for Garciappara rumor going on down in LA. The Dodgers would be nuts to do it though, despite that a lot of the fans seemed to want to do the deal.
-
Colon News
Just watch the Yankees sign Pettite, Sheffield and an infielder and then they will lure Clemens out of retirement or go after Ponson. Do they have any interest in Millwood?
-
Millwood Eyes both Sox's
I don't think the Sox will be too interested in giving Kevin Millwood the type of money he is looking for. I do see it as a possibility though, afterall, weren't the Sox at one point rumored to be after Millwood last offseason. Or was that just a pipe dream I had?
-
Any Bay area SOX Fans
Considering the fan support the A's get, if you have the bleachers seats, you could just scoot on over and sit behind the plate. I'm sure they wouldn't care either. I've only been to one A's game though, so I'm not much help. My recommendation is to check out the A's mlb site and make this post there, probably more useful. I can't think of many of the cali posters being up north...most seem to be down south
-
Sox interested in Tejada
Even if I failed...I'm sure I would be laughing and you probably would too. You'd see me running around throwing out I am the owner of Soxtalk.com....now will you go out with him
-
Graffy leaving?
Two mill gets you Robin Ventura and he'd be much more effective on the bench. Heck, two mill gets ya Ventura and someone else.