Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. I think its going to be hard to look at Cotts line and tell how he's doing since their main goal appears to be adding the cutter and improving his secondary pitches.
  2. Clu...did you rock the vote?
  3. Lol In general I don't ever want to ban anyone. I'm trying my very best to keep a board where people can talk without getting attacked as well as giving people the opportunity to state their opinions, etc. I don't condone what BMR said..but he later apologized for it. I hope what he says is true. I like BMR and he's very knowledgeable in many areas, I don't disagree with his views on all things, but I'm not going to prevent him from expressing them. That said, attacking a poster and accusing him of things isn't right, but I think BMR understands that. As far as me bringing up Michael, I felt all parties mentoined things, I made a comment and things seemed to settled down. I was interested in knowing what BMR thought about the situation. Afterall I think most of us are Bulls fans.
  4. CW/Apu check your pm.
  5. Chisoxfn replied to GASHWOUND's topic in SLaM
    Oh man, I know exactly what you're talking about. One of my good friends always did that with his girlfriend. He would come to school worried when she was late. I couldn't believe that he did that. He said it didn't feel the same. That's just a faulty argument. Atleast he was only with one girl. What about the people who get around quite a bit. If I got a girl pregnant and she wanted to keep the baby, I would step up and take the responsibility no question about it. My life would be a ton harder, but I hate the dads who bail on the kid. Deadbeat dads suck. My dad means a lot to me and I'm sure life is that much harder when you don't have anyone to look for when those issues arise that you don't want to talk to your mom about. Whats worse is those creeps don't help the mom in any way and she really gets screwed. I mean she's part of the cause if she's stupid enough to let some schmuck she's never met do the pullout method, but still both should suffer the consequences. All I know is it would suck.
  6. Davis and Bustamante are in hot water for $38 billion in deficits yet Bush is the next Churchill? Just sayin Their ways to fix the budget steam me much more. I have no idea who I'll vote for next election. Right now I'm supporting Bush, but that stance could change, although I see the economy improving and if it does...I think it means Bush is re-elected. It really shows how weak Gore was that he couldn't use the sucess of the economy to win (Not looking to debate whether Gore really won or not...I did enough of that in school around that time ) I do think the budget needs to be fixed, but its a big myth that says the budget will hurt our children or our childrens children. The budget is still a very small when compared with our GDP or GNP. I do think they should start paying it down slowly and start turning the government into more of a business. By that I mean they should make it much more efficient. While Bustamante and Davis want the same bueracrats if not more...both McClintcok and Arnold want to cut it and get rid of all the duplicate agencies that lead to such deficits occuring. Why cut programs when you can cut jobs that aren't needed.
  7. Pale..as in when your skin is pale your incredibly white and hose is another word for Sox or a type of Sox. Thats just my guess.
  8. I know what you mean. I went their planning on voting McClintock, but in the end I couldn't. I think McClintock is the best choice, but I also like Arnold. When everyone would tell me how Tom should step down so only one main republican would be on the ballot I responded with...why doesn't Arnold step down. I wish McClintock had a chance as I support him and will support him when he tries for another political office and i hope he's governor one day. Still the thought of Gray Davis/Bustamante in charge scares the hell out of me. I seriously think the state is done if one of them is in charge.
  9. Chisoxfn replied to GASHWOUND's topic in SLaM
    Especially at schools or at least colleges. Oh yeah, all you need to go is by one of the health places here at MSU. Even in Arlington Heights, ya could just go to the court house ask for condoms there somewhere, I never did the court house one. I know they do give them though. At Iowa they have them in the student health center too, I know that for sure. They do the same at my school..Cal State Fullerton, referring to the school heath center. It makes a ton of sense too, I think the ever popular 'pullout' method is insane. College is not like high school. Now, they seem to accept the fact people are going to have sex. In high school, they were big on abstience. I was talking to a buddy of mine and he was telling me how with his girlfriend they would always do that and I thought it was the stupidest thing I ever heard. Hell, they evne thought it would work. Other friends of mine think the same thing. I swear, people must not ever listen to love line anymore I can't believe people would be so stupid when it involves keeping yourself safe and the girl from getting pregnant. I know some other people mentioned it in this thread, but I sure as hell don't know what I'd do if I knocked a girl up and she wanted to have the baby. I'd definately step up and face the consequences, but it sure as hell would change your life and change you. A lot of your hopes and dreams may get shattered. Why the hell can't people afford 50 cents for a condom or how are they so lazy that they can't just drive/walk to the heath center
  10. Chisoxfn replied to GASHWOUND's topic in SLaM
    Especially at schools or at least colleges. Oh yeah, all you need to go is by one of the health places here at MSU. Even in Arlington Heights, ya could just go to the court house ask for condoms there somewhere, I never did the court house one. I know they do give them though. At Iowa they have them in the student health center too, I know that for sure. They do the same at my school..Cal State Fullerton, referring to the school heath center.
  11. I'm guessing the Jerry one is dealing with Springer.
  12. Snow...I don't know what snow is
  13. I really wanted to vote McClintock but in the end i decided to go with Arnold. McClintock is my first choice, but since I knew he had no shot I went with my 2nd choice. I know I don't want Davis or Bustamante in. I will say this...its very interesting how these allegations are coming out now. I don't condone what Arnold did and I sure as hope he doesn't condone it. I do find it interesting that some democrats are ripping him for this...yet they stood behind Clinton and such. I guess you could go the same way with republicans who defend him yet ripped Clinton for his acts. I know this, Arnold seems very upfront and willing to admit his mistakes. Thats one thing I definately admire. Should be an interesting night with the Cubs game on and election results coming in. I doubt the props I voted on will go the way i'd like them too. At least not one of the props.
  14. Jones busted into the leauge against the Dodgers when he hit like 4 hr's in his first series. He was only 20 or so at the time. This was in the playoffs.
  15. .303 OBP??? I'll pass.
  16. Yep, being one of the top 20 players in the NBA when your 40 is really embarrasing yourself. Agreed. They said he would come back in the role of distributor of the ball........Mj could still do that through the triangle, trust me. MJ is still a very good roleplayer. I'd take him over Pippen any day of teh week and I still think Pip is a quality role player. MJ is the man. At 40 years old he can still do many impressive things and he is a heck of a passer. Lets not forget how he busted his ass off down the stretch when the rest of the Wizards just sat their. Not saying hes a bad player, as he's definetely not, but said he would never play for anyone but phil jackson, only a lie to cover up for the facy he didnt want to play for Krause, who is not nearly as bad as Jordan plays him out to be. Wanted full control of Bulls management if he was to come in for an office job, I guess that we were just supposed to believe that since he was the greatest player of all time, that must also mean he is a management expert and deserves such a position. Changing your mind and lying are NOT the same dude. At the time of saying he only wanted to play for Phil, Im sure he meant it. Thats not a lie. But I guess he couldnt change his mind to play for Floyd.. He could if he wanted to....... Well, saying you will only play for one coach is unprofessional, IMO. Its your job to play for whoever your coach is. Youre being paid good money so do your job. A small part of these last 5 horrid years probably has to do with Jordan 'getting back' at Krause. You can't deny that. Jordan made some horrible remarks that hurt the Bulls chances at a few free agents at the very least. For all we know the Bulls could have Tracy McGrady or Grant Hill (Too bad he got hurt).
  17. Those are very cool Steff
  18. Has anyone heard a rumor that this guy was really killed because of a drug deal gone wrong and his parents said he was gay as an excuse( Dont know why, so dont start complaining yet). Last year in my psychology class our teacher was discussing this case and said some people in Wyoming believe that. I was curious to see if anyone heard of this angle...... Long after the conviction, the killer said it was a robbery gone bad. But this is after the hate crimes stuff was going on. My guess, trying to mitigate himself even though his partner in the crime admitted that they lied and said they were gay to lure him into their truck. Did either ever say whether they pretended to be gay to beat the crap out of them or was it their way of luring him into being robbed? Either way they should rot in jail for life.
  19. Has anyone heard a rumor that this guy was really killed because of a drug deal gone wrong and his parents said he was gay as an excuse( Dont know why, so dont start complaining yet). Last year in my psychology class our teacher was discussing this case and said some people in Wyoming believe that. I was curious to see if anyone heard of this angle...... Never heard about it. Interesting story though. I just remember hearing about this story a long time ago and haven't really thought much about it since. Its sad when anyone dies and this guy was beaten up brutally. Still their are plenty of other people out their that have died horrible deaths, maybe more horrible then this one that never get mentioned. Personally I try to focus more on the good in the world. IF you watched the news everyday you'd always see about how bad people are, etc. Yet on the most part people I meet everyday are good people.
  20. This season could definately improve if they play like they did in the 2nd half. Either way the coaches must go.
  21. Chisoxfn replied to DBAHO's topic in SLaM
    Me Fail English...Thats Umpossible. It says you choo choo choose me Ralph is great
  22. Yep, being one of the top 20 players in the NBA when your 40 is really embarrasing yourself. Agreed. They said he would come back in the role of distributor of the ball........Mj could still do that through the triangle, trust me. MJ is still a very good roleplayer. I'd take him over Pippen any day of teh week and I still think Pip is a quality role player. MJ is the man. At 40 years old he can still do many impressive things and he is a heck of a passer. Lets not forget how he busted his ass off down the stretch when the rest of the Wizards just sat their.
  23. BMR says it best. A's are a bunch of whiny L-7 LOSERS Taken from a great baseball movie (Sandlot).
  24. Go Hawkeyes. BOO Jayhawks. They stole Raef from the Hawkeyes
  25. Same here. Id be in shock, but I also hate the Lakers. I might have to chance my mind if MJ comes back........... I know what you mean. In some weird way I think I'd be inclined to root for the Lakers, soley so MJ can go out on a positive again. I grew up watching him. I still think the best thing he could do is rejoin the Bulls organization and from what I've read Paxson would like that to happen and he and Pip are doing all the right things to get Jordan back involved. I read where Jordan even visited the Barto center a week ago. Damn I can't wait for the Bulls season to start.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.