Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (wrenn @ May 6, 2014 -> 08:49 AM) I am sure this has been addressed here, but I couldn't find the thread. Does anybody know what was going thru Rick and Kenny's minds when they traded an effective closer for a 3rd baseman who can't seem to hit .200 in AAA. And we really don't need another 3rd baseman. Is there something here that I am not aware of....injury or drug/alcohol issues? Well, I think there are a lot of considerations that were going through Rick's mind at the time of the trade and I think one of those was the fact that the club has a major need at 3B and Davidson profiles and is widely considered one of, if not the best 3B prospects in the game today, with significant power potential. He is also very young for his age in AAA and has shown a lot of power potential, etc. Regarding Reed, i am presuming that while the Sox liked him, they did not view him as an elite closer and also had concerns about what he would command in future years (if you look at the cost of closers it is becoming very bloated) and ultimately thought while giving up a known young commodity the upside in getting a potential borderline All Star 3B would be worth it, especially knowing they had guys like Petricka, Jaye and Nate Jones waiting in the wings (who knew Nate would get hurt) that ultimately when weighing all the pro's / con's, Rick thought it was the right decision. I agree with the decision as well, especially when you consider the organization had nothing close to Davidson at 3B and the club is still in the process of retooling, which we will likely see continue around the trade deadline this year and then again in the off-season. I'd also point out that Davidson is likely working on certain things that the White Sox pressed with him in AAA which might also be impacting his current statistics. The strike out rates seen are pretty alarming though and he clearly has adjustments he needs to make in the minors to be prepared to play full time in the majors, however, he is still considered one of the top 3B prospects in the game and one bad month in AAA doesn't indicate that he is a bust (plus looking at that month is revisionist history anyway...the key to any transaction is to evaluate the thought process and logic at the time of the trade; clearly you then look at it in the future to see how it turned out as well). PS: Welcome aboard!!!
  2. QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2014 -> 01:38 PM) Prime is Amazon's issue. They don't want to release a Amazon Instant Video app on Android because it would compete with their Fire tablets. But yes you can stream it from your computer as a last resort. Why are you streaming MLB.tv through Chrome? You can do it through the Android app. Streaming video through Chrome requires your computer to have a pretty good video card. Most laptops will have a hard time with it. I have nothing but positives to say about the Chromecast. It's cheap and it streams just about everything (I use Plex to stream my movies on my media server and BubbleUPnP to stream pretty much any online video link imaginable). PS: I knew prime didn't work through the standard chromecast, just didn't know if there were workarounds available. And while you might have your point, Prime is available on a lot of other streaming systems, so I do look at it as a google problem (it isn't like the only way you can get prime streaming is with a amazon device).
  3. QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2014 -> 01:39 PM) Yeah for whatever reason, my parents had a hard time setting theirs up correctly since the Chromecast was fairly far away from the router. I don't have such an issue since my router is on my TV stand. My chromecast is also right next to the router.
  4. QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2014 -> 01:38 PM) Prime is Amazon's issue. They don't want to release a Amazon Instant Video app on Android because it would compete with their Fire tablets. But yes you can stream it from your computer as a last resort. Why are you streaming MLB.tv through Chrome? You can do it through the Android app. Streaming video through Chrome requires your computer to have a pretty good video card. Most laptops will have a hard time with it. I have nothing but positives to say about the Chromecast. It's cheap and it streams just about everything (I use Plex to stream my movies on my media server and BubbleUPnP to stream pretty much any online video link imaginable). I meant to say the app. I use the APP (not MLB.TV). I consider it all the same thing but it is that MLB At bat app or whatever it is called.
  5. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 5, 2014 -> 12:00 PM) Does it get choppy after the video starts? Chromecast has it's own wifi, so it really shouldn't matter if your phone sucks unless it's a command issue. Yeah it does. I Have zero issues with wifi on my laptops or PS3 (or any Iphones (my work phone and my wifes phone).
  6. QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2014 -> 09:26 AM) What don't you like about it? It can pretty much stream anything if you know what apps to use. Can it stream prime? More of it has to do with my galaxy's S4's inability to keep a solid wifi signal (and no it is not my wifi at my house) it is the piece of s*** wifi on the S4's (and a known problem...just like their relatively s***ty bluetooth as well). As a result, Iget pretty choppy issues. Also have had all kinds of issues with MLB.TV streaming through chrome (and no issues on my PS3). Again, might not be the Chrome's problem but when my primary use of the Chrome is to stream Sox games to my TV and that doesn't work well, well, it annoys me. I've already said on many occasions, as soon as I can I am running away from android cause it is nowhere near as smooth of an O/S as the Apple one.
  7. Chisoxfn replied to fathom's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (flavum @ May 2, 2014 -> 06:14 PM) 6 shutout innings for Erik Johnson. He'll be fine. Just needs a couple starts to get his confidence back. I wonder if he was going through a bit of a dead arm period too.
  8. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 3, 2014 -> 05:49 PM) I realize parity in the NBA has been fiction for a long time. I was just kinda making fun of your whole "the NBA today is da greatest eva" comment. Yeah it's a cool story of all these first round 7 game series but we all know only two or three teams really have a real shot at the title. When's the last time a surprise team no one expected to win won it all? That happens in the NFL, MLB and NHL quite frequently, never in the NBA. The parody in the league is better then ever, with one potential exception, that team out East will cruise to their 4th consecutive NBA finals appearance. However, parody doesn't necessarily mean the quality of the game is what it once was. However, all that said, the past couple playoff runs (post strike) have been very very entertaining and I've been loving basketball a lot more the past couple years then during the 2000's when the NBA was in hell trying to find new faces, etc.
  9. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2014 -> 10:18 AM) So is mocking anyone who doesn't think this version of the NBA is the bestest thing ever. The modern NBA is just a highly paid game of 21 anymore. It is compete one on one. At least that is talking about NBA vs. NBA. NBA has nothing to do with hockey.
  10. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 3, 2014 -> 07:39 AM) I want to call Lillard a superstar, but I'm scared to after Paul George made me look like a fool. This has been the best first round in nba history. If you don't think so, you're just too afraid to let go of your childhood. I fully agree. If only my Bulls made it more enjoyable.
  11. So I picked up a chromecast this past weekend, not a big fan thus far.
  12. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 1, 2014 -> 02:41 PM) I text with a Vikings fan and he asked me who I think the Bills would be trading up for (because they're reportedly interested in Watkins). All I said was that the only guy worthy of trading up for in this draft, at least at the top, is Clowney, and that's if you believe [you can/he will] translate his talent onto the field because he could be an absolute monstrosity. I think he can and will, others don't. Clowney and M. Williams bookending a three headed trio of Dareus, K. Williams, and Branch makes for a nasty, nasty OLine, plus you can also still rush Hughes off the edge too. Heck of a dline, but I don't know how well they would do on the other side of the football. Sorry...but I figure it will personally hurt you that a post you made was corrected by me
  13. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2014 -> 01:58 PM) They actually would have the cap room to absorb him, but from the perspective of the roster, Trading Boozer for nothing is no different than amnestying him. Either way it clears the exact same amount of cap space, one just saves JR some extra money that can't be plowed back into the team because of the cap/tax limits. Well, it saves JR money. It means he doesn't pay Boozer 15M or whatever he would if he amnestied him (techically a little less than that since other teams would bid and he'd at least get a few m) but it would save JR real money which could be applied to luxury tax or others, in theory. However, from a cap perspective, it doesn't make us any better. If the Lakers had trade exemptions or something, that could be beneficial as it could help create ways to leverage / bring over Melo without having to clear as much cap space or at least I think you could potentially do that.
  14. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 1, 2014 -> 01:10 PM) Apparently the loophole in the Ted Stepien rule is that if the Bulls sent one of their other 1st round picks, they can acquire the Lakers pick. A team MUST have at least one 1st round pick every other year. Unless the Lakers have a top 3 pick, I'm not swapping our first rounders for Thibbs to coach them. Screw that. I don't even know if I do it for their first rounder (presuming it is somewhere around 6-8).
  15. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 1, 2014 -> 12:34 PM) Bulls dont need picks. That part bothers me. LOL. I had lunch with my Laker buddy today and told him if Thibbs leaves its for the Lakers and Bulls would hire Hoiberg. Apparently Simmons and I see eye to eye. I don't know that I would do it.
  16. QUOTE (LDF @ May 1, 2014 -> 08:38 AM) Hey Chisoxfn ..... how is it hanging ????? Been well ? in Tanaka , the offer for him, I believe was nothing but a token one. proof is when he WENT over for Jose From everything heard, Sox made a very serious offer at Tanaka. Yankees were desperate though and had a major need. Offering what the Sox offered, knowing their hesitation to go after free agent pitching, was a pretty big step and showed what the club thought off Tanaka. However, you still have to consider the downside risk, etc, and I Think that is why they couldn't quite go to where the Yankees were going and tried to come up with other options to try and entice Tanaka but with Yanks offer. Everything is well. What about you?
  17. Great stuff Jeff. The rookie class makes this team very fun to watch (among other things, e.g., sale, Quintana, etc).
  18. QUOTE (LDF @ May 1, 2014 -> 07:16 AM) Everyone knows or should at least know that JR is not afraid to spend money or trade for the right player, if his management say so .... that is my point. And it is very true.
  19. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 1, 2014 -> 06:26 AM) Also, on a serious note, who was the last free agent starting pitcher the White Sox signed to a large contract? Jamie Navarro? I do believe there's a reason for that. They did acquire Contreras and Frederico in trades. They typically believe in acquiring starters via trades (if they are going to go outside of the org) vs. playing the free agent game or at least have in the past. They did try to make a mega splash with Tanaka though this year.
  20. Its a great point, Buehrle. We do have the SoxNet twitter feed but it isn't marketed very well but that is really the twitter feed of Soxtalk.
  21. No issues on my end.
  22. Chisoxfn replied to dasox24's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 02:33 PM) I'm still interviewing with places but that one is probably the place I do want to work. I'll probably get an offer soon so I wanted to give them first dibs but oh well. Here is the kicker, I interviewed with this place about 2 years ago and didn't get the gig. The people that interviewed me this time around remembered me. I know since it's a pharmaceutical company they'll have to DEA background checks and such but you would think they would run those after they extend an offer. I'm in the process of evaluating a new opportunity and did not receive an official offer until after the background check process. Most companies I've ever worked with run the background checks prior to extending (and check references prior to extending). Usually they give you a heads up that they are starting the process (as a courtesy) and typically once they start that process, it is a sign that you are either the final candidate or one of the final candidates.
  23. QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 01:53 PM) Absolutely. Still traveling a ton while we are in season, but this summer will slow down for me. Lets get to the Big A when our Sox come to town. Sounds like a perfect plan.
  24. QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 10:44 AM) I haven't read a ton of this thread, but I'm curious what you think the Bulls course of action should be? Shocking to me the ragging on TT as well. I understand he sticks to his rotations too much and can be stubborn, and while I'm a few credits short of my coaching degree, not sure what else Thibs could do with this team without a single scorer to speak of on the floor for his team, along with a Noah in the playoffs that could barely walk. Tony, I agree completely with you. By the way, we need to get together and catch a game or something.
  25. Chisoxfn replied to witesoxfan's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 10:53 AM) How's that Pilot working with the 2 kids? My wife and I seem to be following your trajectory. Got an Escape, had a kid. Starting to plan for #2, need to upgrade to something with a third row. My wife and I have a Pilot and a Highlander. Our Pilot is older now (2005) and the Highlander is a 2012. Both are great vehicles and I thought long and hard about the Pilot but mainly decided for the Highlander because we already owned one Pilot. Love them both. Pilot is more trucky and more headroom but both are really roomy 2nd seats with Highlander getting better mileage, etc. We only have one child so far (9 months) so can't comment too much but I can't see not having enough space. 3rd row is tight (but folds flat and is convenient), but will work for young children. Hard to compare which one I like more, both are fantastic cars.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.