Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 11:45 AM) I've heard people say that, but I like the fact that he's adapted his offenses to fit the personnel. Quite frankly, it's amazing what he was able to do with Tebow (who's awful) as his QB and field an offense that was at least capable of making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Then, they get a pure pocket passer like Peyton and they go much more balanced (even a little pass-heavy). While Peyton is clearly a reason for Denver's offensive turnaround this year, it's not like he's the one calling the plays. That's on McCoy. Its hard though...Peyton could make me calling plays look good. And to be clear, I'd only call plays out of the madden playbook, haha.
  2. QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 11:40 AM) The Lovie firing and the Ozzie firing have lots of similarities. Even if Lovie had won the SB, it would be time to move on, just as the Sox needed to move on from Ozzie. Disagree completely. Players had quit on Ozzie...could never ever make that case for Lovie. You will get a lot of lockeroom backfire from his move so it is important that they bring in a strong, well respected guy to take the reigns. That is another part of the reason why I want an experienced coach. You hire Reid or Holmgren and it is much easier for the Bears players to understand the decision. And say what you want about the players, this roster with some minor tweaks, can win a superbowl. And by minor, I mean the freaking oline.
  3. QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 11:40 AM) Nick Roach hasn't looked bad at MLB. It'll be interesting to see what the new coach does with Shea. Could they go Briggs-Roach-Shea? Is Emery gonna bring a guy who runs the 3-4 he's used to? It's going to be an interesting offseason. Emery isn't just a 3-4 guy. He spent a lot of time with other organizations that ran 4-3's, including quite a bit of time with the Bears.
  4. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 11:29 AM) I went to 4 games and probably heard it at least 20 times a game. They won a couple of them. Bears fans wanted Lovie fired the year they went to the NFC Championship game.
  5. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 11:28 AM) Pioli is the shocker to me. This guy has been pretty bad for a while. It must be nice to write off you constant mistakes on others. Pioli's failure worries me about Emery. The Patriot way has been a collosal bust anywhere that Belliceck isn't. That said, Emery has a lot of other influences as well.
  6. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 11:24 AM) If the Bears had beaten the Colts in the SB, I wonder if the fans would have had a different feeling toward Lovie. He has pretty much been hated for a good portion of his tenure. He was hated as soon as he wasn't screaming on the sidelines by most Bear fans. I never got it...for years Bears fans have been mad. Hell most of the morons think he's a s***ty defensive coach and yap about how the tampa 2 is a dead D. Its amazing how dumb some of the fans are. I support the move but the potential for a huge backfire is there. I think Lovie, with the right talent, could have won a superbowl and I wouldn't be surprised if one day he did. That said, he has no one to blame but himself here. He had a golden opportunity and the org was pretty patient with him.
  7. QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 10:51 AM) Hester is killing the little stock value he had left. Not only is he bad with no confidence but now he has desire to play the game issues. Hester is an idiot but I'm not surprised. Lovie is so well respected by his players and really is the epitome of a head coach from the perspective of the fact that he gets his guys ready to play and is a good leader. Problem is he failed to hire good assistants too many times and as a result, you had OC's that didn't want to come and other issues (such as Babich as the DC).
  8. Lovie is too good not to get hired this year. If he wants it he will get it.
  9. QUOTE (balfanman @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 08:16 AM) I really don't know that much about his coaching abilities although he seemed to have started to turn Carolina around the last half of the season. I definitely do not claim to be any kind of a football expert (just follow it casually), but why do you, and others apparently, think that he would be brutal? Has he majorly screwed up in the past? Good DC, not the best head coach. Lot of lockeroom issues in Carolina. Bad coaching decisions. I will give him credit for one thing, team played hard, but team also lost a ton of close games. A ton of them. They made a lot of stupid mistakes in those games and that comes down to coaching.
  10. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 08:07 AM) The only teams that scored less points than the Eagles this year were Arizona, Jacksonville and KC. It would be the perfect Bears hire for more offense. They will wind up hiring an assistant with no head coaching experience because they are the Bears. I agree. It probably won't even be one of the top candidates. A lot of the names I see disgust me.
  11. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 06:50 AM) The standard is the playoffs(and greater goal is the championship), not what the fans want. Neither goal have been met but once in the past 6 years, and there is one constant here and that is lovie. Emery needs to do what is right for the Bears and needs to rebuild an aging team into a playoff team again. That DOES include fixing the offensive line. Who here was screaming to dump Forte? Who here is saying Lovie is an idiot for wanting Bush? Bush got hurt but other then that he did his job in short yardage.
  12. QUOTE (balfanman @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 06:10 AM) Aren't there a lot of head coaches who find success with their 2nd coaching gig? I realize that the Bears don't hire head coaches with previous coaching experience, but maybe Emery can break that pattern if the price is right. If Rivera is let go in Carolina I would love to see him back with the Bears. He has not had big success yet and I would think that he would be a good candidate to blossom into a great coach. I don't believe that he would be that expensive yet either. Does anyone know if he burned any bridges (other than with Lovie) when he was let go before? Hiring Rivera as the head coach would be brutal.
  13. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 03:36 AM) How did the new guy do? Lost to NE in the playoffs just like Marty. Most of the names thrown around would want more power than just being the head coach, although many here say Lovie has that power. As for Andy Reid, what is so different about his teams' results than the Bears under Lovie? He did win 2% more of his games and like Lovie lost his only SB appearance. I don't see the Bears shelling out big money to him while paying Lovie another year just because Joe in section 429 doesn't think Lovie gets pissed off enough. If Lovie wasn't under contract next year, I could see change to make change, but this is the Bears, and if they are planning to hire a coach, history suggests we all should be careful what we wish for. A Dick Jauron clone could be next. Ditka was not a good coach. That said, I don't give a rats ass that Lovie is calm. In fact, I kind of prefer that. I want Reid because the younger talent on the Bears is on offense and you have to evaluate Jay this next year. To do that, I want to know that you have brought in as good of an offensive mind as possible and Reid is as innovative and successful as it gets from the offensive side.
  14. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 09:55 PM) Meaning if lovie is out, emery cleans house. Nobody stays, he hires his own guys. Has nothing to do with what defense he wants. Just because a coordinator is doing well that doesn't mean you say he can stay. I know you love the bears like I do and want that OC job to be desirable, it just isn't with Lovie remaining as head coach and no promises going forward. It wasn't desirable last year and we got stuck with Tice. Reality is no one wants to be an OC under Lovie right now. That is why he was fired.
  15. QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 08:41 PM) I can definitely be sold on a team in which Lovie remains head coach and we hand someone else the reins on offense. However, I've been sold on this before and I won't be offended if the Bears decide that Lovie has had too many chances. If we do can Lovie, though, I will be very insecure about the future of the defense. He's presided over awesome defenses and I find it all too likely that we don't fix our offensive issues and we create a new batch of defensive ones with a new coach. It is also worth mentioning that we've been a rather controversy free team with Lovie because he has a pretty damn good grasp on what comes out of that locker room. Lovie is excellent at handling the lockeroom and clubhouse and contrary to what people think, I think the team is well prepared and plays hard. Very few times can I think of times where the Bears just came out flat. I can live with Lovie but It is just too hard for me to allow him to get to choose yet another OC. He's botched too many of those hires already.
  16. QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 08:38 PM) If I were an OC and they promised they we're gonna upgrade the OL I'd be all over the job. The weapons are there already, they just need a damn line. Why wouldn't I take a job with one of the many other coaches that go in fresh with a team (where it is likely I at least have 3-4 years to work?)?
  17. Would a Jeff Tedford have any interest in being a pro OC? Would be a pretty risky hire as an OC. Guy knows QB's and has a good track record in college.
  18. If you were an OC, would you take the Bears job knowing that Lovie is on such a short-leash? If Lovie had a good OC, I'd be content, but he has shown no ability to hire such and at this point, hiring another one just means a whole new system. Plus, lets be honest, Bears would just end up promoting Bates. How much would really change? In hindsight it was probably a big mistake letting Martz go. Should have let Martz go one more year and had Lovie and him hitched. If I'm Norv Turner, why the hell would I go to the Bears? Seems like there is a decent shot I'm ousted in a year. I guess on the flipside if the offense takes off, you might have another job (although I think at this point no one else is hiring Norv as a HC).
  19. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 07:05 PM) Yeah, you want to talk about colossal mistakes? Pittsburgh has to be kicking themselves. He would intrigue me. Seriously. If Whisenhunt was fired, I'd be very intrigued about bringing Hunt into the picture as well. Pretty good w/oline's from what I recall.
  20. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 06:56 PM) How would folks feel about Bruce Arians? He's basically the only option that isn't a head coach that I really like.
  21. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 06:31 PM) Imagine keeping Marinelli and Toub, and signing Reid and Turner as HC and OC...THAT, would be interesting. My ideal scenario would be keeping Marinelli and Toub around. I think that is most likely if you get a guy who is a really good offensive guy and who will leave the defense up to others. In that scenario it isn't bad, but the HC normally wants "his guy". I also don't know if Marinelli would stick around or not.
  22. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 06:24 PM) Yeah, Marty is the prime example. Forgot about him. And it was a colossal mistake firing him. Marty was a hell of a coach.
  23. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 06:11 PM) Yeah, was waiting for that... Honestly, I feel like Martz would have worked out here if it weren't for the OLine being so goddamned awful. Jake had a point though...outside of Andy Reid, who could they bring in that you'd really feel much better about? Everyone has heard me begging for Chip Kelly, but I think most people would have more questions about him than Lovie. What if we just replaced Tice with Norv Turner? Given how Lovie ran out Ron and the relationship Ron and Jay had, I think that would be awkard and Norv would never accept the job.
  24. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 05:53 PM) Like...Mike Martz? I just don't see how you can let Lovie hire a 5th OC. Thats why to me if you fire Lovie, it is to hire a proven offensive mind who has shown he can be a head coach and run an offense (e.g. Reid) or you get a really proven leader and head coach who has the connections to hire a good offensive mind (e.g., Cowher).
  25. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 05:44 PM) Angry calls to the radio stations. Otherwise, known as "Monday". The fan base is so stupid that they will complain no matter what. I am disgusted to call myself a Bears fan thanks to most of the other idiots that call themselves such. Easily one of the stupidest fan bases in professional sports. Its sad.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.