Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Chisoxfn replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 07:36 AM) I thought it was good, but not as good as the first two Daniel Craig movies. It seems to be getting outstanding reviews, but I just don't see it. Probably from people like me who thought the 1st 2 were weak. This is the only good one in the Craig sequence (imo).
  2. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 03:18 PM) I don't know about that. While that pick-six hit off Marshall's hands, that was a major overthrow. He had another overthrow that hit a Vikings DB in the chest. He played better than the numbers show, but he wasn't incredible. (And I'm a founding member of the Cutler fan club) That overthrow went off Marshall's hands (and should have been caught). The only bad throw he really made was the pick six. Maybe 2 other throws that he should have had. Bears come down with the ball and he has 3 td's to 1 pick at a minimum. Possibly more. And I'm considering the crap he has around him. But as a whole, Cutler had a good game (stats or whatever might say one thing, but he made the throws). Bears execution is brutal.
  3. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 01:09 PM) So the offense caught two touchdowns, dropped two touchdowns, and gave away two touchdowns Yep. Two straight weeks where the offense has driven the ball and not gotten s*** to show for it. Pathetic. Cutler was incredible.
  4. QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 11:02 AM) Does Lovie Smith get fired if we miss playoffs? For sure.
  5. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 8, 2012 -> 08:02 AM) Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. Congrats and good luck buddy. Congrats Zach!!!
  6. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 08:40 AM) Sorry to hear that. Sorry to hear about that Russ.
  7. QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 08:12 PM) I remember this one time I had Mizzou in my Final Four and they lost in the first round. Anyway, Iowa vs Iowa State on Friday should be a good game. Hawkeyes
  8. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 12:36 PM) I'M NOT f***ING TROLLING. Jesus, that is the thing. I get threatened to stop trolling when I am not even trolling, but then can't argue that I am not trolling? Again, disagreeing with a call that went for the Bears is NOT TROLLING. You are an Admin and you can't even decipher between a disagreeing opinion and trolling? You want to argue that. Do it in private messages. you've been sent a warning. You can either appreciate the forwardness in the fact that we touched base with you, told you what you need to do, etc, or you can not head the advice and eventually get suspended and banned. You decide.
  9. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 25, 2012 -> 03:19 PM) Tillman didn't sound incredibly serious, the 2 linemen with knee problems are the ones that would worry me. The Bears can probably survive without Forte right now, he's not playing well anyway. Ditto Hester. Personally I think Weems will be an upgrade. Hester is going to get cut at the end of the year. He's been awful. The lineman injuries are the big issues.
  10. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 25, 2012 -> 03:28 PM) Under virtually ANY solution for long term peace, Jerusalem has to be a neutral or divided city. I realize that is asking a lot of course, but it is the only way. So I don't call that unreasonable - I call it the only path to peace. As for the shrinking Palestinian lands, there will have to be land swaps involved, no matter what. So again, I don't think that makes it unreasonable - it is a hurdle no matter the solution. When you come from a people who have been persecuted their whole life and finally got there own state, and know that there are other neighboring countries who would like nothing more then to take them out, I just don't see how Israel would ever agree (without the US completing bailing on them). And politically, in my opinion, that would be absolutely stupid, especially given everything going on in the middle-east (the push towards new extremist groups, etc, makes things even more volatile then ever before). Israel has blood on their hands, but when push comes to shove, they are defending their lands against a bunch of antisemites.
  11. This HP pissing contest is interesting. Amazing how senior management has ran a great company into the ground.
  12. Chisoxfn replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 06:19 AM) I just don't see how you can have a setup that makes any sense for it in this time period. As for the old one... its strange to watch again. It has some so-bad-its-good moments, but it also has some truly well done aspects. It really did bring some unique things to the table, at that time. Easily one of my favorite movies as a kid. Saw another one two nights ago when I got back from the pubs in London....tremor's. Took me back. No idea what the hell it was on London cable for haha.
  13. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 10:17 AM) No, what i meant was it wasnt like Cutler got injured on something everyone would percieve as minor(like his knee injury in the NFC Title game which was worse than we were told). It was absolutely a cheap shot. Oh, I'm in agreement. I was just adding my 2 cents as to how dirty the hit was.
  14. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 07:41 AM) There's nothing to question about Cutler, if he is willing, you keep him here. If the O-Line looks like this, I could see Jay Cutler telling the Bears to take a hike. The oline played excellent last night. Cutler had a clean pocket the entire half. Carimi was beasting on Watt.
  15. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 07:37 AM) Its not like it was BS. Dobbins is going to be getting a fedex package from the NFL this week from that hit It was utter BS. It was a late hit and a hit to the helmet. He should be suspended.
  16. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 07:56 PM) Cutler, the king of s***ting the bed on prime time Marshall drops a TD, he throws one bad pic (the other was a nice play after he was concussed) and the wideouts fumbled twice. Hester was PI'd with once on a deep play and then Hester had a shot to make a play on another.
  17. They are looking into D'Antoni. I wouldn't be surprised if they looked into Sloan.
  18. QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 11:38 AM) I think it's fair to say at this point that we need to upgrade both tackle positions. Carimi's pass protection is below average even if he is pretty good on the run. You are writing off Carimi way too soon and to be honest, Webb hasn't been a major problem. The key is the development of the two of them and improved guard play. The stupid penalties are ridiculous though. Obviously, I would love a franchise LT though.
  19. QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Nov 4, 2012 -> 01:03 PM) Bears next 2 games will tell a lot more.. As of today, I believe that the Bears are the best team today, no matter what the Falcons do. I have a hard time calling them the best team in football. Not when the offensive line is so inconsistent. It really is bad when it comes to pass protection. The penalties were awful and completely prevented them from getting any rhythm on certain drives. 3 of the 1st 4 drives you had big penalties that prevented them from getting going. Cutler settled in and had a great game.
  20. QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 07:36 PM) Kirk was just awful in general today. He's better at running an offense then Nate. Nate was terrible at times yesterday.
  21. I hope Peavy is healthy. If he is, this is great. I like Peavy anyway.
  22. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 06:59 PM) Lucky bastard. I hit you up via PM. Have an awesome trip! Gracias...you are the man. Will send you over the stuff here shortly (within the next week).
  23. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    Prague to Vienna....should I take the train (6.5 hr's) or fly?
  24. QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 22, 2012 -> 08:14 PM) Very rarely passable and mostly horrific. Some of those were coverage sacks. I actually thought the oline played pretty solid as a well, especially when you consider the talent the Lions have up-front.
  25. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    So we've narrowed in on going to Budapest, Prague, and Vienna. Might make a day trip to Bratislava (assuming their is a train back, haha...good ole Eurotrip). Anyone been? Any recommendations? Will be arriving on a Friday in November and returning to London (where i'll actually go back to work) on the following Sunday AM (so 8 nights total).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.