Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 07:59 AM) I doubt they're trying to bunt a splitter in practice and then a 95 mph inside fastball. Lost in the debate about the bunt was him swinging at a terrible 0-2 pitch. You would figure that if he was a good bunter, he would have had at least one sac bunt in Boston by fluke. Hell, I don't know. I'm not the manager. I would have used O-Dog. But there could be more to it then we know.
  2. Chisoxfn replied to LittleHurt05's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 12:19 AM) You're not an ace. Oh, and I have no problem with Peavy tonight. He gave up 3 f***ing runs and struck out 9 guys among those 17 outs. The only person who deserves blame tonight is Robin Ventura. How about Youk and Wise for striking out in key situations. Konerko for going down weak in another key situation. The players had piss-poor execution. Liriano pitched like ass too. There is plenty of blame to go around. Robin deserves some too, but this game wasn't on any one person.
  3. Chisoxfn replied to LittleHurt05's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 10:30 PM) Statistically, he's been a top 10-20 pitcher for most of this season in all of the majors. Theoretically, that makes him a #1. All the evidence presented in this thread would tell you another story. MLB RANKS WAR 8th (TIE) WHIP 14th ERA 19th How dare you bring facts and common sense to an argument. Some of you all are pathetic.
  4. QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 09:42 PM) Youk is 2-32 vs the Tigers in a White Sox jersey. Fastballs in, offspeed pitches low and away every single AB. Since his hot start, he hasn't exactly been dominant. You can clearly see he's aged and isn't exactly a great option starting at 3B next year. Hopefully the Sox can make a move and come up with something better a year from now. That was why I had zero problem bunting with him. I'd just have rather used Odog or someone else to do it. However, I'm not the manager and for all I know, Youk is an outstanding bunter in practice (and to be frank, practice and the game shouldn't be any different when it comes to bunting). Just cause he hasn't done it in a game, doesn't mean he hasn't done it thousands of times in practice.
  5. QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 09:28 PM) ERA 4.00 against division rival = choking. This would apply to Chris Sale as well. The Peavy Kool-Aid should be empty by now. He would have made a better Cub. Also momentum doesn't exist in Sox vocabulary. Wow, you guys really think this game of baseball is easy and it truly is pathetic. The Tigers have a great offense and Peavy did a solid job. It was a quality start.
  6. QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:39 PM) That is beside the point! He asked a guy that has basically never bunted to bunt, instead of just bringing in Hudson. Now I'm sure he wanted the element of surprise and all, but that is simply not worth asking someone who will fail to get the job done. You cannot explain that decision, which is why I'm praying for our sake it was Youk's. Inserting Liriano in that situation when you don't even trust him enough to start tomorrow is absolutely ludicrous. If you don't trust him to start, you don't trust him in that situation, for damn sure. He's struggled out of the gate in his last several starts. Why would this be any different? RV says it was his decision (and I fully agree with you, a stupid decision). And I think not using Liriano has more to do with Floyd's track record vs. Detroit then Liriano. Albeit, Liriano clearly isn't a front of the rotation pitcher and should not ever be confused for one given his s*** command.
  7. QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:35 PM) Because I don't mind losing because we get beat on the field. Peavy got beat by two great hitters. What I don't find acceptable is when the manager makes absolutely inexplicable decisions. There is absolutely no defending Ventura tonight. I'd be more pissed if it was Septimo. That POS shouldn't be involved in any close games. Liriano might not be a regular reliever but he's one of our starters and up until a couple weeks ago was one of the Sox better starters since coming to Chicago. His stuff projects to the pen. He just flat out sucked. The other alternatives are Thorton (whose been overused and I've seen everyone b**** whenever he comes into the game and Crain, who too many have griped about). Fact is. No matter what, if 3 runs were given up, most of the board would have complained. That said Shack, I know you aren't an overreactive guy and I definitely respect your opinion. I think the blown bunt was the big mistake RV made (vs. Liriano).
  8. QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:35 PM) Because I don't mind losing because we get beat on the field. Peavy got beat by two great hitters. What I don't find acceptable is when the manager makes absolutely inexplicable decisions. There is absolutely no defending Ventura tonight. I'd be more pissed if it was Septimo. That POS shouldn't be involved in any close games. Liriano might not be a regular reliever but he's one of our starters and up until a couple weeks ago was one of the Sox better starters since coming to Chicago. His stuff projects to the pen. He just flat out sucked. The other alternatives are Thorton (whose been overused and I've seen everyone b**** whenever he comes into the game and Crain, who too many have griped about). Fact is. No matter what, if 3 runs were given up, most of the board would have complained. That said Shack, I know you aren't an overreactive guy and I definitely respect your opinion. I think the blown bunt was the big mistake RV made (vs. Liriano).
  9. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:31 PM) Poor crowd. Peavy choked in a big game yet again. Hitting approach was awful. Everything went 0-2 on us tonight. Bullpen wasn't great either though when you use 100 different pitchers someone is bound to screw up. And Robin Ventura...Oh boy. Can't wait to read through the gamethread's thoughts on him. 6 innings, 3 runs is not choking. Especially given the fact that the Tigers have a good offense (and Peavy has been used like a whore in amsterdamn). It isn't dominating but it certainly isn't choking. How about the offense for failing to deliver and the bullpen for really s***ting the bed in the 8th (plus Youk/RV for the failed bunt).
  10. QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:32 PM) Seriously? You have zero problem with it except Hudson should have been doing it? That's like saying you have no problem having sex with a man, except you'd prefer it to be with a woman... That is a problem, but some of you are acting like it was the dumbest thing ever to bunt. The truth was, it was dumb to have a guy that doesn't bunt bunt (and many of you made that same argument, just not all). O-Dog should have been out there. All that said, I still don't know RV made that decision. And I still find it pathetic that MLB players don't practice the bunt. Whether you do it in the game or not, it should be practiced all the time.
  11. QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:31 PM) How in the hell are we going to win 3 out of 4 against a team that owns us? Simple, by playing good baseball. Own smown. Every game is a new game. Thinking anything else is a loser mentality.
  12. I still want to know where the hell the bunts of been. Fister was pwning the Sox and Cabrera is a piece of s*** third basemen and they still aren't testing him defensively. Its pathetic.
  13. QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:29 PM) You got to be a huge optimist to not see what is coming ... a 1-3 series. Tank is really annoying me. Just another Soriano, using a bat that's too big and trying to hit everything out. Twenty homers and 60 ribbies? Blah. Not really productive when you never walk and every at bat you are trying to hit it out. Enough for Tank to keep a job and hopefully with experience he'll improve. But as far as this year? He does deserve to be platooned the rest of the way. Horrible loss. We got the 2-0 lead and Jake sucked. Then the bunt fiasco with Youk. That really deflated me. Hope it didn't deflate the team. I love Robin and he's a big reason we are 2 games up on Detroit, but tonight sucked again and Detroit continues TO OWN the White Sox. We got owned again. Sox are taking 3 out of 4. Book it.
  14. Liriano is there to get outs. Just cause he starts doesn't mean he can't come out of the pen. He's a power pitcher with a hard slider. He sucked, blame him, not Robin. I realize they lost and I'm pissed about the loss, but I had zero problem with the bunt decision (other then Hudson should have been the one doing it). And I think they should have had Dan Johnson in. However, all of that is a moot point since some of you are acting like it was the dumbest thing ever to use Liriano. It isn't like we are talking about some scrub that never pitches. The dude is in our rotation and is paid to get guys out. He's handled pressure situations plenty of times, he just wet the bed, plain and simple.
  15. QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:20 PM) No way...base hit Nope. Peralta didn't move at all from Rios running. He was just positioned there.
  16. Some of you need to STFU and enjoy the game. Waah, waaaah, waaah. Give me a break.
  17. Dang, I screamed off the bat. Thought Paulie had it. Bad read. Come on pen, lets hold em and then score some runs!!! Beat the Tigers!
  18. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 06:35 AM) Iowa has the dreaded combination of a QB who's not very accurate and takes forever getting rid of the ball, and receivers who have a tough time getting open and a tough time just catching a ball thrown right to them. They looked real bad offensively.
  19. Ooohh Yeeaaah! Great win Sox!
  20. QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 12:48 PM) I've said it before I'll say it again, I've interviewed at a lot of companies, and a lot of those companies the senior management has had english degrees or odd degrees. This whole "you need a degree in business to be a part of a business" is garbage. But I love how we are blaming laziness as the reason unemployment is 8.1 percent. Not the unbelievable amount of private debt that was accumalated in the 00s by a different generation. I actually didn't blame it on laziness. I said you really can't. There were lazy people 20 years ago just as there are today. I think there might be a few more, but that isn't why we have unemployment at 8.1%.
  21. QUOTE (BobDylan @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 03:48 PM) I'm not sure why I chimed in, or why I visited the site in the first place. I will disappear again, but if I remember correctly, the catch-all thread happened because the admins didn't know how to handle the waves of new users after the World Series title. It was an understandable decision. Now that things have calmed considerably, it's odd that the system is still there. I don't frequent this place anymore, so you're probably a better judge of the sites activity than I am, but just by looking around and also seeing this complaint leads me to my case. Sure, not a lot of people have spoken out against the catch-all thread. But the community and quality of discussion doesn't appear to be growing either. 10 years though. Very impressive. Congrats Jason. Long time man. How's it going? Good to see you around here. From what I can remember, the catch-all thread was started because posters here wanted it to. I actually am probably the sites biggest hater of the catch-all. I've axed it at times, but ultimately it seemed like the majority has supported/preferred it. Personally I think if a thread stinks or isn't that popular, it will fall and the popular ones will stay on the main page anyway. I've always felt that way, however, it always seems that I (and you) are in the minority on this camp.
  22. In the midst of the false accusations, I think now is as good a time as any to have a nice AJ appreciation thread. AJ has been an above average player for this club for a long time and he's having a hell of a year in what has been one of the funnest seasons to date that I can remember. AJ helped bring this club its 1st championship in a long time and here's to hoping he helps bring a 2nd world series championship to Chicago this year!!!!
  23. http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archiv...yed-how/256237/
  24. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 09:43 AM) Really? It has been the opposite with me. Most everyone I know with a degree has a decent job, if not a great one. There are always a few on the street at any given time, and it has been a higher number the past few years, but still a small minority. I think I read somewhere that people think the real unemployment rate of people graduating college is somewhere in the 15-20% range, which is pretty high. And that article indicated they thought it could even be larger then that when you consider those who don't show up at the statistics because they took a job at starbucks, etc.
  25. QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 09:18 AM) Plus, we are more likely to know people with a college degree, whose unemployment rate has been largely manageable. Those without have seen much of the harder issues. I'll be honest, pretty much everyone I know with a college degree is unemployed or severely underemployed. Or they have a job and then don't have a job. Now some didn't get the best/most marketable degrees and I'm not going to say they are overachievers, but still, It is surprising cause I think in a normal market they'd be sucked up and would be "average" employees. I bust my ass every single day. No guarantees in life and I could be fired tomorrow, but I'm more then willing to put in whatever hard work is necessary. My average day is 10 working hours a day (albeit, things are relatively slow for me right now, hence why I'm posting on here). I think when you combine hard work and a valuable degree, you will be fine, but the reality is most people don't want to work 50-60 hours a week, so to be frank, I have an easier opportunity to stand out and make a name/reputation for myself within my company.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.