Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 02:47 PM) I watch an awful lot of football and I haven't seen the refs scrutinize a wideout for contact or pushing off like that all year. You maybe see one of those called, but not three. I've never seen that many offensive PI's called in my life. It was disgraceful. But the Bears have been so pathetic that it didn't surprise me. They can't blame the refs, they can blame themselves (and it includes the choke job against the Seahawks and the awful execution against the Vikings).
  2. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 08:33 PM) Tonite was a solid win. Bellinelli is doing very well right now, taking advantage of the starting opportunity If Rose could come back and play at 75%, they'd be in pretty decent shape, especially since Rip actually looked pretty decent. Bellinelli was a nice pickup.
  3. QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 02:44 PM) You didn't think any of those offensive pass interference calls on Jeffery were penalties? What about the one where he grabbed shields by the face mask and threw him down and they called illegal contact? That was the first play of the drive you referenced that "one took a TD away from us." The bears still scored 3 on that drive. I saw 3 terrible calls in that game. 2 in favor of Green Bay and 1 in favor of Chicago. Did I miss something? The illegal contact was a bad call, however, the 3 offensive PI's were not offensive PI's. To be frank, the only one you could even make the argument with was the one on the TD and that when you look at the replay was not and should not have been called, especially when you are in press coverage, etc. On the flip side, the no call on the 4th down was bad too, but I actually wouldn't have had a problem with a no call (had it not been for them calling ridiculous PI's). The PI call on the TD the Packers got (the call on Conte) was absolute garbage.
  4. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 02:33 PM) There were 5-6 terrible calls. One took a td away from us. Another gave a td to them. Another two took a drive away from us at the end of the game. Another extended one of theirs and allowed them to take another 1:47 off the clock. This was one of the poorer officiated games you will see in the NFL. To be honest, I've seen it all year. All the talk of the replacement refs, if the microscope was on these guys, people would be saying the same thing. The refs really have a hard time in this league and to be frank, they've been pretty bad all year (its been pretty noticeable). I am very excited about Alshon/Marshall. Alshon has really good body control and hands. He uses his physicality and I think if the Bears can get Knox back (plus try to pick up a speed guy) they should be decent at wideout (no need to dump Earl). Big thing is going to be improving the oline, getting a better offensive mind, and of course finding a TE. I realize Finley is an inegma who drops stuff but he's a darn good athlete and would be a major upgrade.
  5. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 02:32 PM) (Kevin Kolb). Thats it. Point being, Reid has made many QB's look good. He hasn't had one like Cutler (outside of maybe McNabb who obviously was very talented). I know the hot ticket is him going to San Diego but you never know.
  6. Heck, even look at what he's doing with Foles. Foles isn't any good. Reid has made any QB he had better, imo. He had McNabb look decent his last year in Philly before he completely fell apart in Washington. Ditto for the guy on the Cards (whose name is escaping me at the moment) who is terrible. Getting Reid would be a freaking awesome.
  7. QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 02:11 PM) Jay appears to hold anyone necessary accountable in the huddle, but he takes all the blame in the media. I'm glad he's taking responsibility. So what do the Bears need to happen to make the playoffs. Clearly they need to win 2 in a row, but what else needs to happen?
  8. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 02:09 PM) Andy Reid though has legitimately tried to put O-linemen in there. Hasn't made the best decisions the last couple years, but they did try. They also had some serious O-lines for the better part of the last decade, IIRC. The thing that would have driven me nuts about him is the "Mike Martz" style forgetting about the run game. But he at least does a lot of high percentage passing plays. He understands the game so well. I really think he's a great great mind.
  9. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 02:07 PM) At least Andy has a bit of a clue as to how an offense should be run, but yeah, none of these retreads does anything for me. I am ready to bring in someone innovative with fresh ideas. I'd like us to interview Chip Kelly...s***, I'd even consider talking to Josh McDaniels... I don't like either of those ideas. Mcdaniels won't work anyway (unless Bears plan on dumping Cutler). Chip Kelly, love him in college, but just don't think his schtick will work in the pro's. If Angelo were around, I'd say we'd probably hire Saban.
  10. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 02:05 PM) Yeah, this sums it up pretty well in my mind...I like Jay but when the heat gets turned up a bit, he turns into a little b****. That being the case, Mike Tice has got to go, and as much as I love Lovie's defense, I think he needs to be a casualty as well. Time to bring a new sheriff to town and see what else works. Sean Payton would be a great hire. And I'm with ya Shack, I didn't see anything other then good things out of Jeffrey (aside from the one throw where he got turned around). Should have been a TD. That said I've seen Cutler miss a lot downfield on some potential TD's. It is irritating since thats supposed to be a strength. This team just doesn't execute when it counts and that is on the players and coaches (Cutler & Tice) and well...Lovie has had way too many chances and failed every time he's tried to bring in an OC. Its over, he shouldn't get another chance. Bears have a good roster and can win. Yes they have some things they need to fix but they need to get a proven offensive guy and then I think they should be able to find a good defensive guy (I'm sure there are plenty of good defensive people that wouldn't have a problem coaching this D).
  11. QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 01:05 PM) If you don't have those calls go against Jeffery, his numbers would look pretty decent. We just didn't give him a chance. This always happens with the Bears. I can't think of a thing Jay could have done given his supporting crew + playcalling He could have not thrown that stupid ass pick at the half. He could have hit Rodriguez in the flat where we settled for a field goal. He could have thrown a more accurate ball on the illegal contact (which was an awful call that went against the Packers) where Jeffrey could have caught it in stride and got a td. End of the day, Cutler didn't get it done. I'm sick of making excuses for him.
  12. QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 01:01 PM) Jeez Cutler. Awful game for him today I'm very mad at Cutler. He blames everyone and needs to take responsibility. At the end of the day, no matter the s***ty line, he gets rattled and doesn't make the plays when necessary. The offensive execution was absolutely awful. And has been all year. Stupid penalties, stupid drops, etc. Tice is a joke of an OC (I was wrong). Martz clearly was much much better and Bears would have been better with Martz (especially having Marshall + Bush + Jeffrey). Cutler will get one more chance next year and it better be with the Bears bringing in an offensive HC who is a QB guru (hmmmm...Andy Reid please).
  13. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 12:58 PM) your livelihood is going to be changed by your second-half collapse. Lovie had plenty of opportunities. Losing to Seattle and Minny who are not very good sealed their fate. This was a chance to redeem it and he failed.
  14. QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 12:02 PM) New GM will want his own guy.....................bring on Cowher! Mike Tice for blasting Martz offense is ranked just as bad even with Marshall clean house! Cowher is not coming here. He wants to be a GM. Best case scenario is Andy Reid.
  15. QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 11:59 AM) Even if he did, that throw was going to be way over his head. With that said, sure seems like Jeffery has a lot of improvement to make before he's an average receiver. I don't get it. I think he had about one bad play (the one where he looked the wrong way). Otherwise he played physical and made some nice grabs. Unfortunately the refs called some offensive PI's that rarely get called.
  16. QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 11:53 AM) Don't know how that was possibly a PI on Conte... Horrible call from far side official. But in reality, doesn't matter. Bears deserve to lose this game. They are playing like dogs***. The calls today were brutal but this is it. Lovie needs to go. We need a fresh start. And Cutler, you have proven you are what you are. You blame others but at the end of the day you get frazzled, make mistakes, and think you are better then everyone else. The act is old and tired. Yes you are talented and I'll give you one more year, but if you don't get it done...you are done as a Bear in my mind.
  17. Chisoxfn replied to dasox24's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 10, 2012 -> 10:41 PM) After a few favors. I am not legally obligated to state whether or not they were sexual in nature, but they were.
  18. Sending prayers your way HH.
  19. QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 08:48 AM) Soxtalk mapped in the internets Damn...such a small planet. Is there life on it?
  20. Chisoxfn replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 04:47 PM) Film quote of the year, 2012, nominations... Simple, succinct: "Argof@ckyourself!" Agreed. Great movie too.
  21. Chisoxfn replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 04:20 PM) I'd be interested in why people didnt like Casino Royale, cuz I thought it was great. Cause if I wanted to watch 40 minutes of people playing poker, I'd have watched ESPN.
  22. QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 04:08 PM) He may be gone even with a wildcard spot! Losing at end of year becoming a habit of a Lovie coached team. We'll see. Lot of the year left and I don't know if I would count last year as a habit. Losing without your 2 best offensive players doesn't make something a trend. These last two losses were just dreadful. Bears were the better team for most of the day and lost. Same with Seattle. Execution was just brutal. D really wasn't that bad. It just struggled early on when it was important to set the tone.
  23. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 03:54 PM) You guys are being a bit harsh...he had a 52 yard run first play from scrimmage and then had 100 yards for the rest of th game. I thought he made Conte his b**** a hell of a lot more than Roach. Thought Geno Hayes played fine too. Tough to blame this one on the defense. They had one very poor drive (first of the game), but played well after that. Our offense is f***ing pathetic. Not having Urlacher isn't that big of a deal. Its sad, but true. Urlacher was mediocre at best this year and while he is still better then Roach, it isn't the downgrade it once was. Bears need to find a new MLB in the off-season. I don't anticipate Urlacher finding the fountain of youth so outside of having maybe a healthy off-season (and a year removed from his knee injury), there really isn't any way he could get better (he's only getting older).
  24. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2012 -> 03:48 PM) Cutler should have had 3 TDs and 2 INTs, but even the first INT, it was a result of Jeffery falling on a timing route(with contact provided by the intercepting player), really tough to blame Cutler there. Of course, he did almost throw another pick which bounced off of the CBs chest. Brutal game. The defense played awful for a crucial 1st quarter, and the Wide Recievers again couldnt help Cutler out when needed. Well my point was 1 pick on Cutler (which was fully on him).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.