Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. I feel a big winning streak and playing over .500 baseball the rest of the way.
  2. QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 05:51 PM) So let me get this straight. We cannot fix major league hitters because their mechanics are impossible to change. But young guys, sure we can completely cluster f*** their swing, because what its fun or something. We go from a video pre-draft talking about a bit of a hitch and some bat drag to this erect statue that can't put a bat on the ball. Great job coaches, you have turned his swing into Brian Anderson's. Awesome job. I can't figure out what has happened with Beckham. He used to have a hitch but in general his bat speed made up for it and he was able to hit to all fields with authority. Now his swing is so mechanical and his posture is just awful that he has absolutely zero bat speed. I don't know who decided to make the changes but imo, they were awful changes and I don't know how he can repair things on the fly. He needs some serious work. Maybe he can quickly reteach his muscle memory with his original swing but the hell if I know. I'm not involved in the discussions that led to these drastic changes to his swing.
  3. I blame a combo of Beckham and Walker, but his swing has turned to pure s*** since his first season with the Sox. After that season, his swing got mechanical and than end of last year it looked better and this year, it looks worse than ever before.
  4. I really hope I'm overreacting, but he's got no bat speed.
  5. In fact, he needs to go to the minors and we should have Teahen at 2nd. I might be ridiculous in this and over the top but in spring I noticed his swing was horrendous and it is only getting work. He has no chance of having any sort of prolonged success with that mechanical bulls*** he calls a swing right now. He almost looks as bad as Brian Anderson would at the plate.
  6. Beckham is terrible. Unless he learns a new swing, he'll never amount to anything. His new swing is horrendous. He can't even catch up to a mediocre fastball down the pipe. His swing with that long hitch is breaking ball speed.
  7. Dunn is gonna hit 2 HR's tonight.
  8. I wnated Austin but when Austin went we had to get our DT and Paea has that upside and talent and fills a major need. Happy with our first two picks.
  9. Beautiful. I Like it. Bears gave up there 4th rounder I believe.
  10. Rudolph gives them a s***-ton of offensive weapons. Problem is they need a QB to throw em the ball and I don't think Ponder is that guy. However, with all those weapons, the QB is going to be in a great position to succeed. Vicente and Rudolph at TE is pretty deep. Still, I figure Minny would have more needs than a TE.
  11. So by having all of these old time players at the draft is the NFL sending some sort of message to the players. Will Gruden every say anything negative about a player?
  12. QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 03:29 PM) Could the Bears trade up to get Bowers? I wonder what's wrong with him that everyone's passing on him... Some reports indicate that the doctors evaluation said that he has a very high liklihood of never being healthy due to his knee injury (his knees are like a 40 year old). And we already went through that with Tommie. I guess the question is, is a 2 or 3 year upside that is pretty high worth it or are you better finding a guy who might be able to perform for longer but maybe not as high of a level. THe problem is, Bowers could also never play for your NFL franchise really and than it is a horrendous pick (completely wasted). I know one thing, if Bowers and Austin are on the board when we pick, I'll go Austin. I'll take my chances with his character issues and hope that Marinelli can fix him.
  13. QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 11:19 AM) Owners are such d-bags. More than 50% of NFL players after their playing days have horrible lives because of injuries, lack of medical insurance, money issues (this is their own fault though), there is no way players should have to take a pay cut. Yeah, it's probably ridiculous that Manning earns like $20 million, but he is the rare breed. Sounds like the report is bogus. I can't find it anywhere other than the forum I read it.
  14. Although NFL players were being welcomed back to team facilities this morning because of Judge Susan Nelson’s injunction to end the lockout, that is changing this afternoon. ESPN is reporting that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit has granted a temporary stay of the injunction and reinstated the lockout, meaning players will now be told to hit the road, and doors to team facilities are being locked this afternoon. Michael Silver of Yahoo reported this afternoon that NFL players were bracing for a ruling from the Court of Appeals that would give the owners an “administrative” stay, meaning the lockout would be back on at least through the weekend.
  15. Chisoxfn replied to RockRaines's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 10:16 AM) Thanks Ill try that out. And you just slap it on the grill? Yep. Bout 20 minutes is all it takes. Depending on the size of the tenderloin.
  16. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:53 AM) Did Lavin get in trouble out there? Not at all. He was hated there by the fans. Team consistently underachived (made something like 5 straight sweet 16's and than the sixth year they didn't make it and was axed). He always had talent but his problem was that he wasn't quite seasoned enough yet as a coach to coach up that talent. I think the time away helped him. Plus, UCLA is just a tough, high pressure gig.
  17. Chisoxfn replied to RockRaines's topic in SLaM
    Brown Sugar, Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Chopped up Onions & Garlic. Let marinade overnight, f***ing delicious the next day.
  18. Iowa has actually put together a quality recruiting class in there own right. But man, I remember for years thinking someone should hire Lavin (guy can recruit) and St. John's finally does and he's done a nice job there. It amazed me how long he was without a job since his stint at UCLA.
  19. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:08 AM) The more I think about it, the Bears had better f***ing not give Minnesota that 4th rounder. Minnesota? You mean Baltimore?
  20. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 09:11 PM) Lakers and Heat actually. I still think the Thunder will win the West because of the Lakers being banged up but I can't see them beating the Bulls in a 7 game series. If the Lakers can get almost all the way healthy, they can still obviously beat anyone. And I've flip flopped on the Heat a couple times this season but overall, even though I don't think they have that killer instinct, I just don't have it in me to count out a team with that much freakin talent. Wow, I just have a hard time being able to declare that the Bulls would beat the Thunder. Westbrook is almost as good as Rose and than you have Durant over there. They have a nice nucleus, improving defense, more length. They will be an incredibly tough matchup. I think the Lakers, Thunder, Heat, and Celtics can all give the Bulls problems. I also think the Bulls can beat each and any of those teams, but the same can be said the other way around. In fact, I don't think any 1 of those 4 teams is really much better than the others.
  21. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:16 PM) Well there's one team eliminated that the Bulls had no chance to beat in the playoffs, phew. Seriously though, this is why it was so important to get the 1 seed, we should be able to handle Atl in 5 or at most 6 games while hopefully Miami and Boston can beat up on each other a little bit. I'll never be that cocky in the playoffs. We had a hell of a time against Indiana. I think we match up well with Atlanta, but you got to play the games.
  22. According to Jason LaaBlahbalhabalh....Bears were moving up to take Carimi. Evidently both teams had agreed but the Bears hadn't confirmed the trade with the league in time (no one sounded upset, just that everything was agreed right at the wire). Ravens were planning on trading down to take Smith, Bears were moving up to get Carimi. At the end of the day, neither team was hurt, in fact, the Bears lucked out that KC didn't end up taking there guy so they didn't end up giving up like a 5th rounder or whatever.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.