Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Free Agent Tracker
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 3, 2009 -> 03:48 PM) Henry Blanco signed a 1 year, $1.5M deal with the Mets. Damn it, that would have made so much sense for the Sox. Now what do they do at backup catcher. I don't want Flowers on our roster if he isn't getting significant at bats. I spose Olivo is always an option. Wite: I personally don't think 1.5M is all that bad for a plus defensive back-up catcher that has hit lefties pretty well over the past couple years.
-
Free Agent Tracker
QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 3, 2009 -> 12:33 PM) Saito signs with Atlanta. $3 million for one year. How many old relievers do the Braves need? Seems like a very good deal, definitely one we could have offered. Wow, I had that one pegged pretty good. Very good deal for him.
-
Free Agent Tracker
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 3, 2009 -> 07:32 AM) $18M total. That's an incredible haul for Polanco. I'm curious as to what Boras' asking price is for Adrian Beltre if the Phillies would rather shell out $18M for a 34 year old Placido Polanco who had a down year at the plate in 2009 and hasn't played the position since 2005 and a total of 153 INN since 2003. The Phils wanted Figgins but I guess his asking price was too high. I assume Beltre's was too, but this is a pretty hefty price to pay. He's an offensive upgrade over Feliz, but a major defensive downgrade. I also think 3yrs 18M is pretty ridiculous considering he's a well below league average third baseman.
-
Polanco to sign with Phillies
Way too much money, imo.
-
The Tiger Woods Marriage Saga Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 10:53 AM) -Tiger Woods He's admitting part of it.
-
Kenny Williams interview
QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 11:01 AM) No doubt Kenny is chasing him. The Pads should move him and stockpile prospects. He's got a very enticing contract that would make the trade a system-gut of the Sox pursue it. Seriously, the Pads are probably asking for Floyd, Hudson and Flowers or something like that. Thats where I draw the line. I refuse to give up Floyd. Outside of Peavy, he is the clubs best starter. I do think Danks could over-take him though and I believe Buehrle is our 4th best starter, although his leadership, experience and contract make him our #2. But he's a damn good #2 and a ridiculously awesome #4.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 10:36 PM) I'm 22, been employed through various state agencies and held other jobs and I've never been tested. I had to do one at my current job. Healthcare companies have stricter rules.
-
Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread
Looking forward to catching both of this shows tomorrow on my day lag.
-
Free Agent Tracker
Wow, Red Sox got Wagner and now get a couple picks as comp for him. Damn, I really wanted the Sox to grab him (last year at the waiver-deadline).
-
Kenny Williams interview
And if you read between the lines there are a lot of hints that the Sox have talked to the Pads about Gonzalez. On top of that, you know damn well that the Angels would be interested in listening to any deal that got Matthews Jr out of town.
-
AGon discussion, et. al.
I haven't seen Kenny deny a f***ing thing. MLBTR doesn't even have sources anyway. They are a walking RSS Feed.
-
Films Thread
Finally saw Boondock Saints 2...f***ing terrible. I should have walked out. The people I saw it with all agreed, although the crowd was really energized and into the movie. But, imo, complete garbage and one of the worse movies I've seen over the past few years.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
Just have him get an over the counter drug test (you can buy them from stores I believe) and see if you pass. If you do, than you'll be alright.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 08:43 AM) Carson-Newman, huh? They're right here in Knoxville. I had no idea they were that good at football. I sometimes watch their coach's Sunday night show because it comes on after Kiffin's, but didn't realize they were doing so well. One of my good buddies went there and played football there.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 09:30 PM) You'll see me on ESPN this Saturday at 3:30 as GVSU takes on Carson-Newman in the DII National Semifinals. Are you going to be in the booth?
-
Sox will not offer arbitration to Dotel, Dye, Pods or Castro
QUOTE (Ranger @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 04:19 PM) But you did think the Floyd deal was terrible. I saw your posts. He also talked for the most part of 08 how much Floyd sucked. He has since eaten crow on that one. I made sure of it, because as his time progressed I turned into one of the biggest Floyd backers on this site. I also argue that over the last two seasons he has been our best starting pitcher. Danks is a close 2nd, but Floyd goes deeper into games and that is why I'd ultimately take Floyd. Buehrle has also been rock solid and was clearly the ace in terms of leadership purposes, but Floyd was very very good the past two years.
-
White Sox Now: Active, But Questions Remain
How happy is everyone with the 1st month of the off-season? I personally feel that October was a real good month for the Sox. They strengthened the bench, added roster flexibility (Teahan) and have positioned themselves to spend the next couple months trying to fill 2 to 3 key holes (OF/DH/Pen).
-
White Sox Now: Active, But Questions Remain
White Sox Now: Active, But Questions Remain By Mario Scalise SoxNet One month into the off-season, the White Sox have been active, but still have a ways to go over the the next 2/3 of it. Through it, we'll be recapping each month and projecting the opening day roster based off the team's present state...Read the Full Recap Here
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 04:06 PM) Yeah, its really hurt their recruiting classes..... Maybe its just time to admit that Notre Dame isnt a football power anymore, and isnt a destination that athletes seek out. Those days are over. ND was still pulling some huge recruits, the problem was they couldn't coach them up. They will be just fine.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
That would be a stellar hire for ND.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 12:28 PM) You think they'll take either school over TCU? Yes, TCU in a bowl doesn't generate the same revenue as an Iowa or PSU.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 11:48 AM) I still dont believe that PSU can get selected over a team that beat them. Iowa deserves a BCS bid IMO. PSU wasnt impressive against ranked teams. I agree with you, but at the end of the day $ talks and I think the Orange Bowl is going to take PSU over Iowa, unfortunately. It will really stink too. Both teams draw well, Paterno and PSU are more storied and thats why they'll get the bid. I sure hope I'm wrong though and Iowa gets the bid.
-
Report: Sox, 7 other Teams Interested in Takashi Saito
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 11:18 AM) OK, just found it. In inherited runners scored, the Sox gave up 81 - 17th in Baseball. Again, middle of the road. That is the thing, ERA and SV % are probably the least of my concern in terms of relief stats. The opponents BAAVG, Bullpen ERA+, WHIP, Inherted Runners Scored all are to me what is most important. If you do good at those things, the other stats will almost surely follow. The Sox were poor in all of the key relief indicators. The best stat they had was the inherited Runners stat and being 17th in baseball is not acceptable. If you plan on being a playoff team, you better have a good bullpen. Having a middle of the pack pen is unacceptable. Adjust for the 2nd half splits and you'd see the Sox pen was in no way acceptable.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 03:46 PM) They would have because the Fiesta Bowl wanted to take a BCS eligible Big 12 team. They would have taken them over Boise, not Iowa or Penn State. Iowa/PSU are going to the Orange Bowl. I believe that is the first bowl that will be picking this year and they want one of the Big 10 schools.
-
Report: Sox, 7 other Teams Interested in Takashi Saito
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 10:55 AM) I posted the stats a few days ago, the pen was not anywhere near awful last year, they were middle of the pack, more or less. And even with no changes, the only significant person out the door is Dotel, while we have the likes of Pena and Hudson in the wings, AND we had more people than not last year who pitched well below their career lines (Thornton being the only one who did better than his usual, and DJ the only one who was more or less the same). How does that translate to "worse pens in all of baseball"? Linebrink is a huge question mark of course. And like I said, I'd be all for getting Saito. But this idea I have seen touted on SoxTalk that the pen is so awful, is just not supported by any facts I can find. In fact, I think if you add Saito, a pen of Jenks closing, Carrasco in long relief, and setup being handled by some combo of Thornton/Saito/Linebrink/Pena/Hudson, has a good shot at being one of the better ones in baseball. Even without Saito, I think its decent. Sign Saito, great. But this need is far, far below the needs we have at OF and DH, who play every day and where we literally have no one. See my post below. The Sox were in the bottom 3rd of all key categories relieving the pen in 2009 and in the 2nd half of the season, I believe I had read (although I can't find it this second) that they were amongst the 3 worse pens in all of baseball.